Guitar Hero 3 for $49 Xbox 360 and PS2, Wired Guitar and 97c shipping

[quote name='Mahoney07']That's the shitty controller version. No thanks.[/quote]

I think the Xplorer is the best 360 guitar there is.

And is wireless really worth $50+?

some people perfer the wired controller. I myself, don't have a preference. Good find OP, I will pass it on to my boy who missed the used $34 deal from overstockdealz

[quote name='manthing']I think the Xplorer is the best 360 guitar there is.

And is wireless really worth $50+?[/quote]

Oh didn't know it was good. Never played GH I just heard the white one is what walmart got to save money and the black one is what everyone else got

[quote name='Silhouette01']These are the Wired Guitar Hero 3 bundle only available at WalMart.com.

This is a smoking hot deal. The games itself cost $59 for the Xbox 360 version. For $49 dollars and .97c shipping, you get the game *AND* a wired Guitar. Crazy!

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...=guitar+hero+wired&ic=48_0&Find.x=22&Find.y=2[/quote]

actually, the xbox 360 game itself retails for $39.99 now - but $49.99 + tax for the combo is still a good find. it beats amazon's $59.99 bundle with no tax by a few bucks.

[quote name='Artie Lange']Does this controller work with Rock Band?[/quote]

Yup, I got 2 Xplorers for MP.

The only thing it doesn't have are the 'solo' buttons the RB Strat has down the neck.

[quote name='manthing']Yup, I got 2 Xplorers for MP.

The only thing it doesn't have are the 'solo' buttons the RB Strat has down the neck.[/quote]

Does that affect the game play much?

[quote name='JohnLa101']Does that affect the game play much?[/quote]

You could google it, but all it does is make RB play exactly like GH for guitar/bass

Looks Good. Thanks OP. Bought 2 GHII's bundles @TRU for $70 and sold one for $50, so this gets me GH3 for $35 essentially.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Does that affect the game play much?[/QUOTE]

Also, you don't have an effects switch to change the sound of your guitar during a solos and while activating the star power in Rock Band. That doesn't change gameplay, but it's fun to do. Solo buttons don't change much, but their nice because you don't have to strum when using them.

I wants my GH achievement points but alas ANOTHER plastic guitar wired no less
torn maybe if AMZ matches so I am not supporting Wallsmart

PS3 bundle is $69.83, not too bad of a price either... Wii is the most expensive at $79.83. :p

And yeah, I have way too many plastic guitars. I still remember buying the first one and thinking the game probably wouldn't do too well, and even if it did at least I had the guitar... it'd sure be nice if someone came up with a universal adapter to use the Xbox one on ALL systems and Rock Band. (thinking of the Xbox wired guitar, since it's USB... controlling the Wii would be the trickiest but probably not impossible to make a USB->Wiimote adapter)

Finally found something to use my $10 GC from the Super Smash Brothers Preorder debacle. Less than psyched that it's not a wireless guitar, though - how long is the cord on the wired one? My apartment's not that big anyway.

Shit! Just spent $45 for a used GH2 game and the Xplorer guitar. At least there was no shipping. I already have the wireless for the 360 and I actually really like the thing. Also already have GH3 game. Even still...trying to justify why I should buy this! Haa ha.

I buckled. I figured I can use the guitar with Rock Band in case anyone ever wants to play bass. $50 is too cheap to pass up considering that's less than the cost of the game.

Awesome find!

Thanks for making me have to explain to my wife that Guitar Hero and Rock Band are different and that $50 is a sweet price... It wasn't awkward at all.

Whatever, here comes a 50 dollar Guitar Hero.

FFS... I bite on that Overstock Dealz "deal" and get burned.

So I hop over to eBay and buy GH2 used.

After all that crap now Walmart has GH3 for PS2 for $50. Ugghh.... I'm going to go throw up.

Thanks for the info. I ordered one using my Smash Bros. cancelation gift card and only had to pay $44.54 with tax and shipping. It's worth paying the $0.97 shipping charge to NOT have to go to Wal*Mart, not to mention it will cost you that much in time and gas to get there.

Heads up everyone.

So the "cheapgamer" in me decided to PM this to a local Sears store. I printed off the page for the PS2 version and after finageling with an employee and his manger, they honored the price, plus a 10% difference in price (theirs was $89.99) which dropped it about another $4. So total after tax was about $46

The best part about this...they gave me the WIRELESS version!

Thanks OP for posting this killer deal.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']I wonder if I can price match from the website at walmart and just pick it up instore?[/quote]

I don't see why you couldn't...it is their price afterall.

Also if memory serves me well, you live in Nova correct? I called around to a few stores yesterday and I know Manassas and the Fairfax Walmarts have stock of the PS2 version.

I don't think they have in the past have allowed someone to pricematch a website price from someone else or even their own.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']I wonder if I can price match from the website at walmart and just pick it up instore?[/quote]

I tried this earlier today, the employee told me they won't price match from their website. :(

[quote name='jprev']Finally found something to use my $10 GC from the Super Smash Brothers Preorder debacle. Less than psyched that it's not a wireless guitar, though - how long is the cord on the wired one? My apartment's not that big anyway.[/QUOTE]

Did the same....

[quote name='karmapolice']Can I just go buy this at walmart for 50?

edit- should have looked on the second page. I guess Ill just buy it and do instore pickup.[/QUOTE]
It's not instore pickup like most places offer. It's "Ship to Store", which means it still takes 7-10 days. The only advantage is the free shipping. For 97 cents though, you might as well get it shipped to your house.

[quote name='Damian']It's not instore pickup like most places offer. It's "Ship to Store", which means it still takes 7-10 days. The only advantage is the free shipping. For 97 cents though, you might as well get it shipped to your house.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was just a weird walmart way of putting it. That is really dumb. I hope this deal is still going after I move, because I dont think it will get here by the time I have to. Oh well.

I'm debating if I should buy this one or wait for the Les Paul version to go on sale in the near future. I also have that Smash Bros. coupon still ready to use so it'll be $45 for me to buy.

[quote name='JCNY23']I'm debating if I should buy this one or wait for the Les Paul version to go on sale in the near future. I also have that Smash Bros. coupon still ready to use so it'll be $45 for me to buy.[/quote]

You probably won't see a deal on the Les Paul bundle until Black Friday where it will probably go for $50-$60 with lines around the freakin' store. This is probably your best bet unless you can't help but stand 20 feet away from the screen while you play. I have a 40-inch TV in my living room and use the wired guitar all the time.

[quote name='JCNY23']I'm debating if I should buy this one or wait for the Les Paul version to go on sale in the near future. I also have that Smash Bros. coupon still ready to use so it'll be $45 for me to buy.[/quote]

Well again, you can always try getting your Sears to pm the the price. This set is exclusive to Wal-Mart and thus Sears only sells the Les Paul Wireless version. It can't hurt and it only takes a few minutes.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Will Gamestop PM this?[/quote]

I doubt it...I've never gotten them to PM anything.

Your best bet is BB, CC, or Sears. I know Sears doesn't have a problem PMing to non-flyer based prices (online prices are fine), but BB and CC can be a crapshoot.

bread's done
Back