Guitar Hero 5 Bundle 9.99 at Best Buy B&M

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just called the 3rd and final store in our area. Apparently they all have the 360 versions on clearance for the same price. (And the guy was laughing because he said some guy just walked out with 4 copies), maybe he was from here?[/QUOTE]

Where was this at? My BB doesn't even have a clearance end cap or bin except for kiddie PC games!!! Never mind a b2g1 free on clearance games. I know, I know .........:-({|=

No go in Eugene OR.

They did have a metric ton of the Warriors of Rock Bundles, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more deals on those real soon.

[quote name='jmarano7836']So glad I moved from Syracuse, as I bet you would have beaten me to not only this deal, but other cheap guides and other clearance sales lol... If i move back, its on haha! (meant in a friendly competitive way of course)[/QUOTE]

Probably not, I'm usually the guy who misses out on most of the deals, if not all....just happen to know someone at one of the stores and I stopped in the other....
No signs of Guitar Hero 5 in either of them....stinks too, at that price point I woulda finally added it to my guitar hero/RockBand collection....

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn, guess this is extremely YMMV, and it was literally just a stack of GH5 cases close to the Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Dude....which two stores around Norfolk?

Well, the store on Independence had somewhere between 15 and 20 around 3pm today. The store on Greenbrier had less than 5 when i called, but was sold out by the time i got there.

I definitely need a replacement guitar! I doubt they'll have this at mine and if they did they're probably all gone already. Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow on my way out. The game was the worst GH IMO but for $10 I'd love the guitar!

Im going back to the store tommorow morning to pick up Fable 3 and 2 other games, i could take a picture of the stand if you guys want incase it might help others get in on the deal.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im going back to the store tommorow morning to pick up Fable 3 and 2 other games, i could take a picture of the stand if you guys want incase it might help others get in on the deal.[/QUOTE]
If it's still at the price but yea I would appreciate it.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I'll have to check out my local Best Buy. This was easily the best GH in the series. Plus, it has one of my favorite songs by my favorite band; Deadbolt by Thrice.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, have good taste! Thrice is the best!

On topic: I was gonna head to BB tomorrow anyway, I'll definitely check this out.

Couple stores in close proximity to eachother around here, and I'm heading there tomorrow anyway, so if any luck, I'll report back.

[quote name='mckrakalaka']At mine they were 99.99 - I am thinking you got lucky at 9.99 and someone moved a decimal place! I did not try to actually ring it up though - hope others have better luck.[/QUOTE]

You sure you're talking about GH5 and not GH:WoR? GH5 has been out for a year. GH:WoR would be priced 99.99 because it just came out.

I got the GH5 guitar bundle a couple of weeks ago for $50. Kinda wish I had waited a bit longer.

I just called a couple stores here in Vegas - no dice. Of course, the second girl I talked to was just checking the same website I just checked here at home - I'm wondering if I should go check myself, because I don't even see the damn bundle on Bestbuy.com AT ALL.

*sigh* - I really would like to replace my GH2 controller - especially since it's in storage and I'm too lazy to get it out. lol

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Doesn't looks like they are doing it in Phoenix either. Dang I need replacement guitars mine are completely worn out. :([/QUOTE]

Which one(s) did you check in Phoenix?

I checked the North Phoenix store (Happy Valley) and they didn't have any bundles except the new Warriors of Rock GH. I don't recall if Thunderbird & I-17 had them when I was there today but I am thinking not.

So has ANYBODY else found these at that price yet? I know at Target they're down around $20 for some people (still around $44 for me, and of the two they have, one box is warped looks like a mix of water damage and the guitar being in the box wrong...and the other sounds like a rainmaker when you pick it up, no idea what could be making that noise but it scares me!) but not even sure if my BB had any in stock at all let alone at this price.

Man i have 15 dollars in rewards points 2 and even if i didn't id still so get 1 for 10 bucks if any one can snag an extra one id pay for it please.

[quote name='JKSonic']So has ANYBODY else found these at that price yet? I know at Target they're down around $20 for some people (still around $44 for me, and of the two they have, one box is warped looks like a mix of water damage and the guitar being in the box wrong...and the other sounds like a rainmaker when you pick it up, no idea what could be making that noise but it scares me!) but not even sure if my BB had any in stock at all let alone at this price.[/QUOTE]

I work at a retail store and usually when you hear the "rainmaker" sound the little pack of silica in the box that absorbs moisture has burst and is loose in the box. A little off the OP's topic but I thought I would share my so useful retail related knowledge.

Richmond @ 610 (Galleria), Houston: none on hand from what I saw, and the employees didn't know of any floating around. Also couldn't find anyone there who knew of a reduction to $9.99 so I doubt this store, at least, ever had any to mark down to that price.

[quote name='ndcurtis']I work at a retail store and usually when you hear the "rainmaker" sound the little pack of silica in the box that absorbs moisture has burst and is loose in the box. A little off the OP's topic but I thought I would share my so useful retail related knowledge.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, like I said it did look like the boxes had some water damage. If they ever do drop in price there I'd definitely open it in the parking lot before I left...

Wonder if I could get them to drop the price based on this info?

I'm most likely going to go check out a downtown chicago location today, will let you know if I have any luck.

[quote name='2DMention']No go at the Coon Rapids, MN store. They were just putting out Power Gig and man, does that have a HUGE box![/QUOTE]

Oh snap! That's The best buy I go to! Pretty crazy

I checked the BB on route 22 in near plainfield, NJ and they dont have any.

The only thing they have on "clearance" is the band hero bundle for $100.

I've just returned from checking the Humble and Atascoscita stores as well (North Houston area), with empty hands. :(

Wierd....i went back to check and the whole damn display/all of the Guitar Hero 5's were gone, even the few single copies on the clearance table were gone. Employee screwup maybe? =/.

Would have searched more, but i was getting pissed with the employee's after arguing over the B2G1 deal and my Fable 3 code

Strange, every store around usually has lots of bundles of RB2, RB Beatles, Band Hero, GH5, and sometimes GHWT. When I looked while checking for penny guides at a BB today I only found one non-GH warriors of rock and it was an unpriced Wii RB2 full bundle. Where the hell did all those bundles go? That's alot of items to disappear.

[quote name='bubo']I've just returned from checking the Humble and Atascoscita stores as well (North Houston area), with empty hands. :([/QUOTE]

I checked the Humble store as well, didn't feel like driving to Atascocita. Seems like nothing in our area then.

Salisbury, MD store a no-go. Although overall the store was a mess. They had various electronic stuff strewn about and DEFINITELY didn't have as many music game stuff as they had a couple weeks ago. Also there was some guy literally running and grabbing up all the Fable III SE copies and then taking them into the back...odd

Elston ave in Chicago is a no-go too. LOL at the fact that they had more Halo Reach legendaries on the back shelf then most of the music games that reside there. Yup, exactly like Halo 3. That'll be cheaper than the standard edition pretty soon.

bread's done
Back