Guitar Hero 5 Wireless Guitar Bundle (360) $38.78 at Amazon

[quote name='MIGGO']As much as I love RB over GH, Harmonix still carries the blame for over-saturating the music market as well. Beatles: Rock Band/LEGO: Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5/Band Hero were two releases from the main companies that were released fairly close to one another in huge bundles.
[/QUOTE]

Harmonix's biggest sin was the AC/DC track pack.

Overpriced? Check
Bare bones features? Check
Live versions of songs? Check

[quote name='mikejenks']Harmonix's biggest sin was the AC/DC track pack.

Overpriced? Check
Live versions of songs? Check[/QUOTE]

Let's agree to disagree:

1./ AC/DC always is preferred to listen to Live. This is an ultimate concert band.
2. Included songs are all, without exception (I'm pointing at you GH Metallica), are classics and are blast to play.
3. Free songs import into Rock Band Universe
4. For $30 the megapack including T-shirt and concert DVD is overpriced? What would you call RB Green Day then?

[quote name='crunchewy']I so want to buy this for the wireless guitar and wouldn't mind trying GH5, but would probably trade it in or sell it, however I'm on a "buying freeze" at the moment. :)

Oh... and just checking... http://ebay.eztradein.com is giving $20 paypal for GH5 360 currently.

http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=Xbox360&upc=047875958852

so it's a wireless guitar for $18.78 after trade of the game. Man, oh man. I need to convince the wife, just one more purchase.... :)[/QUOTE]

Cool,

I did not even know EZTradeIn existed. Since I have GH5, I can now trade it in and get advantage of the Amazon offer to upgrade my guitar.
Excellent trade-in value + excellent bundle = magnificent deal!

BTW, for anyone still on the fence about buying GH5 - this, IMHO is the best GH to date. The challenges are blast to complete and 9-starring songs is far from easy.
Starting from GH5, Guitar Hero now allows importing of other songs from the franchise for a very modest fee ($3-$5 per game plus unique code) - this allowed me to now have 200+ songs in my GH universe that finally rivals RB. But the best feature is Party play mode with ability to jump in and out of the band and change the difficulty on the fly. Rock Band seems archaic in comparison.

not to sound like a noob, but if you import all these songs, where do they go? on the hard drive? I can imagine 200+ songs takes a huge toll on memory??

I have every GH and RB game, yet never imported anything (and no, I won't sell you the codes ;) )

[quote name='MIGGO']As much as I love RB over GH, Harmonix still carries the blame for over-saturating the music market as well. Beatles: Rock Band/LEGO: Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5/Band Hero were two releases from the main companies that were released fairly close to one another in huge bundles.[/QUOTE]

Definitely feel that's a bit unfair. I mean, Activision released how many music games in 2009? I lost count. GH5, GH: VH, GH: Metallica, Band Hero, Smash Hits, and DJ Hero. I know there are DS games and games for phones, too, right? Geez, that's a lot of freaking music games in just one calendar year. The Rock Band series and Harmonix cannot touch that with a zillion foot pole.

Ordered one, but I can definitely see this showing up on woot or stootsi soon like another version did a while back.

[quote name='crunchewy']Probably true, but Green Day Rock Band? That's pretty egregious if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! I really cannot argue with that in the least bit. They still have a long way to go to reach as low as Activision, though, in my opinion.

[quote name='mikejenks']Harmonix's biggest sin was the AC/DC track pack.

Overpriced? Check
Live versions of songs? Check[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. AC/DC track pack was toxic. I love live music, but I hate recordings of live music. $40 for 18 songs crappy sounding live tracks was asking too much. Good thing it got price cuts shortly after it came out.

Couldn't pass up this deal.[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I need another plastic instrument like a hole through the head [/QUOTE] is right, but still. The sister needs a new guitar since our GH3 one busted like the piece of crap it was, and I've been looking into GH5 to play, since some of the friends have it. The setlist is horrible, but if needed I'll just buy some MS points and get some solid tracks. I really wish that Activision didn't try to milk the golden tit for all it's worth when it comes to music games, though. They're even doing that now with Call Of Duty. Ruins the genre.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Couldn't pass up this deal. is right, but still. The sister needs a new guitar since our GH3 one busted like the piece of crap it was, and I've been looking into GH5 to play, since some of the friends have it. The setlist is horrible, but if needed I'll just buy some MS points and get some solid tracks. I really wish that Activision didn't try to milk the golden tit for all it's worth when it comes to music games, though. They're even doing that now with Call Of Duty. Ruins the genre.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the Tony Hawk series, they have a long history of milking a series right into the ground. i'll probably buy this later today, just the right price for me.

bread's done
Back