Guitar Hero 5 - XBOX 360 - Game Only - $29.97 Amazon

Nice, not even 4 hours ago my wife was complaining she wanted the game and I told her I wasn't dropping $60 on another GH game. Now that I can get it for less than $30, well maybe she'll shut up for a week or two.

This price drop is 100% related to the fact that you dont get Van Halen for free. Its not a deal at all unless you didnt want GH Van Halen.

[quote name='dcm1602']This price drop is 100% related to the fact that you dont get Van Halen for free. Its not a deal at all unless you didnt want GH Van Halen.[/QUOTE]

If you look the PS3 version is still at $49.99 with only a $10 discount.

this is a greal deal honestly. I wasn't impressed with world tour, smash hits, gh3 but this one is better than those and well worth it plus being able to import some of the songs from 2 previous games and use the older dlc makes it better.

so how did the free VH thing work? was there a code you had to submit before Oct to get it?

[quote name='jely']so how did the free VH thing work? was there a code you had to submit before Oct to get it?[/QUOTE]
Basically. So it's done now.

And I'll wait until the guitar bundle is about $40 or so before I jump on it.

in for 2. Thanks chuckywang for the Gazelle heads up. Promo code 'tweet' yields another 5% making the Amazon GC $68.20 for 2. I like it when I make $14 lying in bed just for checking CAG before nodding off :)

[quote name='Nikadimas']Nice, not even 4 hours ago my wife was complaining she wanted the game and I told her I wasn't dropping $60 on another GH game. Now that I can get it for less than $30, well maybe she'll shut up for a week or two.[/QUOTE]

Ah, married life ;)

Yeah, all the other versions are only $10 off. Even the PS2 version is more than the 360 version.

[quote name='intoxicated662']this is a greal deal honestly. I wasn't impressed with world tour, smash hits, gh3 but this one is better than those and well worth it plus being able to import some of the songs from 2 previous games and use the older dlc makes it better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah World Tour was pretty meh, but I saw some of the videos of Party Play mode which made me decide I needed this. We mainly breakout Rock Band 2 when we have parties, but now it looks like Guitar Hero 5 is going to be the new one. Well, just until Rock Band 3 comes along and rips off Party Play for their game.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Nice, not even 4 hours ago my wife was complaining she wanted the game and I told her I wasn't dropping $60 on another GH game. Now that I can get it for less than $30, well maybe she'll shut up for a week or two.[/QUOTE]

LOL Tell me about it. My wife made me buy Spore at FULL PRICE and then she played it for a day and hasn't touched it since. When she wanted Sims 3, I made her wait until I could get it cheaper.

REALLY tempted to jump on this. With ECA, its $21 for me, which tempts me even though I know the guitar bundle will be that cheap when GH6 comes out. Had no interest in Van Halen either, so the price dropping on this works out.

No PS3 version makes me a sad panda.

For sub-30 bucks I'd jump on GH5 in a heartbeat. It IS actually one of the better ones (even if Zombie Kurt is gut-wrenching and Neversoft still can't chart shit right)

$23 w/ double ECA, so I figured I might as well order it. Hopefully that was not a bad descion; WT was horrid, as was SH. I did enjoy GH3, but once I started getting into RB, I also hated that (since RB is so much better).

Oh well, I'm sure I could still re-sell it for more if it sucks.

[quote name='skubish']LOL Tell me about it. My wife made me buy Spore at FULL PRICE and then she played it for a day and hasn't touched it since. When she wanted Sims 3, I made her wait until I could get it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

For a second I thought that I'd typed this myself, my girlfriend did the same exact thing with Spore.

I think I'm gonna bite, won't be cheaper than this for a while and I had no interest in Van Halen.

thanks for the heads up on Gazelle chuckywang, never heard of it before. it seems from their FAQ there is no limit to the amount of copies I could flip. could use the help on the COD system

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']$23 w/ double ECA, so I figured I might as well order it. Hopefully that was not a bad descion; WT was horrid, as was SH. I did enjoy GH3, but once I started getting into RB, I also hated that (since RB is so much better).

Oh well, I'm sure I could still re-sell it for more if it sucks.[/QUOTE]

In for one, but what do you mean double ECA? I got $3 off how did you get double that?

I bit on a copy. I also have zero interest in Van Halen and really wanted Beatles Rock Band first but at this price it's too hard to pass up. I love you and hate you all at the same time CAG...

Thanks. I had a $10 Amazon coupon for Madden 10 preorder. Also just signed up for ECA so I got
Guitar Hero 5 and New Super Mario Bros (Wii) preorder with $10 future savings, no tax, free shipping for $59.67 total!

anyone ever try sending in multiples of the same game to gazelle and get rejected for some reason?

is using a bubble mailer okay? (they offer to send a box, and tell you to maybe double box in the FAQ)

How does GH5 work with the earlier guitars, without the 'slide thingee'?
I'm not interested in stepping up to the world tour and later guitars...

[quote name='Maynard']In for one, but what do you mean double ECA? I got $3 off how did you get double that?[/QUOTE]Old ECA codes stack with the new codes.If you dont have any old codes you're SOL

If you aren't psyched by these songs, don't even bother.

The gameplay doesn't compare at all to Rock Band. I had GH5 for the PS3 and just sold it.

[quote name='CKaz']How does GH5 work with the earlier guitars, without the 'slide thingee'?
I'm not interested in stepping up to the world tour and later guitars...[/QUOTE]
The slide thing is basically like the solo buttons in RB.

There are notes tied together by a purple "rope" they can be "tapped" (hit without strumming). You can use the slider for that (and to "whammy/cause effects" on held notes). If you aren't an extreme expert player or REAL big into GHTunes you will never touch that slider.

The "purple rope" notes can still be "tapped" with regular buttons. I used a PS2 guitar to play World Tour on my PS3 and it worked beautifully.

I keep getting this error when adding to cart, anyone else?
346u9l2.jpg

[quote name='plutoknight']The slide thing is basically like the solo buttons in RB.

There are notes tied together by a purple "rope" they can be "tapped" (hit without strumming). You can use the slider for that (and to "whammy/cause effects" on held notes). If you aren't an extreme expert player or REAL big into GHTunes you will never touch that slider.

The "purple rope" notes can still be "tapped" with regular buttons. I used a PS2 guitar to play World Tour on my PS3 and it worked beautifully.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated Pluto, the wife and I aren't extreme GH players at all, so sounds like this doesn't matter at all
edit - yeah sold out, well at least I'll be ready to purchase if it's available/dips again =b lol

I canceled a 3xECA order and bought a few of these at $21 to flip to Gazelle. For anyone doing that, if you haven't used it before, enter "tweet" at Gazelle's checkout to get an additional 5%. I think there is one that adds a flat $5 but I don't remember the code offhand.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Moravagine']I canceled a 3xECA order and bought a few of these at $21 to flip to Gazelle. For anyone doing that, if you haven't used it before, enter "tweet" at Gazelle's checkout to get an additional 5%. I think there is one that adds a flat $5 but I don't remember the code offhand.[/QUOTE]

I hate you, i just wanted a little "Smells like teen spirit" :cry:

[quote name='matthewrex']Ugh, damn you fucking hoarders that bought multiple copies to "flip". I just wanted to play the damn game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I bought a copy, but it's just for me.

these deals the past year have all been getting worse and worse on here by people simply looking to take advantage of situations, its just getting ridic.

[quote name='Moravagine']I canceled a 3xECA order and bought a few of these at $21 to flip to Gazelle. For anyone doing that, if you haven't used it before, enter "tweet" at Gazelle's checkout to get an additional 5%. I think there is one that adds a flat $5 but I don't remember the code offhand.[/QUOTE]

I went to gazelle to try and use the code, but there was no place to enter it in during checkout. Where do I have to enter it?

bread's done
Back