Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's $19.97 at Radio Shack

grune

CAGiversary!
I stopped in Radio Shack today to see about a digital camera deal I saw elsewhere. The camera came up full price but6 I did notice lots of other clearance. They had alot of various games $19.97, you guys might find something else that interests you but the only thing I saw worth getting was Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...=guitar+hero&kw=guitar+hero&parentPage=search

You should be able to search for in store availability

That price is more like it. I paid the full $50 when it was released, and was pretty underwhelmed. But for $20, I would say jump on it.

Thanks for the post, OP. I just got the last copy for the Brighton, MI store. I've been looking for a deal on this game for a long time.

Props to the OP for finding this deal.

Quick research online yielded this still being $ 49.99 @ BB and 39.99 @ Amazon.
Picked this up promptly @ my local RadioShack. Thanks OP.

[quote name='bill123']Damn They also have zelda phantom hourglass for 19.97 as well. Thats one hell of a deal.[/quote]

I took advantage of that deal over the weekend.

Still on the fence about Rocks The 80s though, especially with GH3 loomin at $30 on sale and Aerosmith edition coming soon.

I got it when it was $50 which was a lot, but $20 is the perfect price. Some great songs to mix it up for parties, i'll tell ya.

Finally at a affordable price, this one was way over price when it came out. Hopefully they still have it when go.

Guitar Hero for parties is so 2006. Put Rock Band in a party and it won't be let go of. Also Rock the 80's was a huge letdown but I guess it isn't that bad for $20

I might bite on this, this one was a lot of fun. Playing Seventeen and Electric Eye is work the $20 alone.

Here's a list of all of the clearance games, going on the .97 at the end of the price. These are all in-store only deals. Search on their website for the item and you can check your local store inventory (I leave it up to someone else to provide links for all of these):

DVD Games (???)
$6.97
Imagination Entertainment Family Feud 3rd Edition DVD Game
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire DVD Game

$9.97
Deal or No Deal DVD Game

$14.97
Dance Dance Revolution DVD

DS
$19.97
High School Musical: Makin' the Cut
Hannah Montana: Music Jam
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Diamond

PS2
$19.97
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Guitar Hero™ Encore: Rocks the 80s
NBA '08
Madden NFL '08

Xbox 360
$19.97
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

$29.97
WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2008
Project Gotham Racing 4
Madden NFL 08

PC
$29.97
Allegro Rainbow™ Piano Wizard™

Good deal. I rented this the week before Christmas when I knew I was getting PS3 GH3 and played it with a controller. $50 was wayyy to much for it considering they basically plugged the songs into GH2. All of those 80s songs really grew on me, especially the ones I wasn't familiar with.

All of the Radio Shacks in my area show Guitar Hero 80s in stock, looks like I'll need to stop by one and pick a copy up.

UPDATE: Picked up my copy of Guitar Hero 80s at the Saratoga location next to me. They have one copy left and they also had copies of Zelda DS and Pokemon Pearl and Diamond for $19.97.

The locator said my local RS had it in stock, but none were there when I stopped in a short time ago. Moreover they literally had one PS2 game - Madden '08 - and I doubt they ever really had the game. They was only one spot for one PS2 game.

Grabbed the last copy at a local Radioshack. The box cover art and plastic wrap was a little torn like they dropped something heavy on a corner. Either way, it was a great price.

That's all over the area according to the store locator and I've seen dozens of copies. I'll pick it up one of these days...

I found it at another RS. I got the last copy, even though they had two cases on the shelves. The cases were empty/marked store display. I wanted to get two copies, but they only had one when the went to look. In any case, I'm happy. Thanks OP!

Got a Zelda... :) Possibly the last one, the guy wasn't sure if they had it and he was in the back a LONG time before he came out with one. Wasn't sure about this, not a huge Zelda fan (Hope that isn't an insta-ban or something) but figured I'd probably never see it this cheap... lots of random clearance stuff at Radio Shack, nothing too exciting but if you have time you should look around the store.. you never know what you may find at a place like that.

Thanks!

Thanks, OP! Just picked up the last copy at my location. Seems like I had been waiting forever for '80s Encore to hit $20.

just searched for "guitar hero encore" and this thread came up. went to the website and its down to $15, theres a store near me that had it in stock. thanks a lot op!

That's weird that they actually increased the price on a clearanced game. I got this about a week and a half ago when it was $14.97...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just searched for "guitar hero encore" and this thread came up. went to the website and its down to $15, theres a store near me that had it in stock. thanks a lot op![/quote]

infraction for bumping hellllllllllllllla old thread?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']That's weird that they actually increased the price on a clearanced game. I got this about a week and a half ago when it was $14.97...[/quote]
They didn't increase the price. The OP must be going by the price on the display tag. I just picked up two copies of these yesterday for $14.97 each. They have been this price for over a month now. They are $14.97 not $19.97. They actually dropped in price from $19.97 to $14.97.

[quote name='ricoraney']They didn't increase the price. The OP must be going by the price on the display tag. I just picked up two copies of these yesterday for $14.97 each. They have been this price for over a month now. They are $14.97 not $19.97. They actually dropped in price from $19.97 to $14.97.[/QUOTE]

which is why i bumped the thread in the first place. 15 bucks is a fantastic deal.

bread's done
Back