"Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's" - $42.88 @ Outpost.com

AwRy108

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Pre-order deal @ Fry's online: http://shop2.outpost.com/{o32-JogZl...75JU0EuPg**.node3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

...it's not that great of a deal, especially after S&H; but hey, it's better than the EB Games / Gamestop price of $50.

Also, just an FYI: here's the final track list for this disc:

· Caught in a Mosh (as made famous by Anthrax)
· Balls to the Wall (as made famous by Accept)
· Electric Eye (by Judas Priest)
· Los Angeles (as made famous by X)
· Police Truck (as made famous by Dead Kennedys)
· We Got the Beat (as made famous by The Go Go’s)
· (I Think I’m) Turning Japanese (as made famous by Vapors)
· Seventeen (as made famous by Winger)
· Because, it’s Midnite (by Limozeen)
· Hold On Loosely (as made famous by .38 Special)
· No One Like You (as made famous by Scorpions)
· Only a Lad (as made famous by Oingo Boingo)
· Ballroom Blitz (as made famous by Krokus)
· The Warrior (by Scandal)
· What I Like About You (as made famous by The Romantics)
· Wrath Child (as made famous by Iron Maiden)
· I Wanna Rock (by Twisted Sister)
· I Ran (by Flock of Seagulls)
· Round and Round (as made famous by Ratt)
· Metal Health (as made famous by Quiet Riot)
· Holy Diver (as made famous by Dio)
· Heat Of The Moment (as made famous by Asia)
· Radar Love (as made famous by White Lion)
· 18 and Life (as made famous by Skid Row)
· Bathroom Wall (as made famous by Faster Pussycat)
· Lonely is the Night (as made famous by Billy Squier)
· Nothing But a Good Time (as made famous by Poison)
· Play With Me (as made famous by Extreme)
· Shaken (as made famous by Eddie Money)
· Synchronicity II (as made famous by The Police)

[quote name='Foo228']$40 isn't enough to justify a game that "re-uses" elements of Guitar Hero II (even though it was good..)
[/quote]

On the contrary. It works completely fine for DDR.

[quote name='Nohbdy']On the contrary. It works completely fine for DDR.[/quote]

Haha so true, but the main problem people will have is GH2 for 360 came out in april, this just came out now (PS2 only) and in the fall theres going to be Guitar Hero 3 for 4 different platforms. So I have a feeling that Activision will oversaturate the series way too fast.

[quote name='Foo228']$40 isn't enough to justify a game that "re-uses" elements of Guitar Hero II (even though it was good..)

$20 I'll think about it, no more tho...$10 would be a must haha[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one...

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']Haha so true, but the main problem people will have is GH2 for 360 came out in april, this just came out now (PS2 only) and in the fall theres going to be Guitar Hero 3 for 4 different platforms. So I have a feeling that Activision will oversaturate the series way too fast.[/quote]
Not just oversaturate, but just plain rip-off. Konami gives their DDR players some leeway by making any new DDR release cheaper than a new release at MSRP ($40) but Activision simply doesn't get it and makes it more expensive. Douchebags.

Isn't it about time they included an editor of some sort to allow players to rip our own tracks?! Them bastards, selling a couple of CDs worth of old songs for $50?! that's not right man... I paid full price for GH I & II to support their great game, but this is way too greedy IMO... I'll have to pass on this one until it drops to under $20.

The Krokus version of Ballroom Blitz? Ugh. I'll wait for it to go on clearance, if ever.

That being said, Electric Eye and Los Angeles would be tons o' fun to play.

[quote name='Nohbdy']On the contrary. It works completely fine for DDR.[/QUOTE]
...except DDR gives you 70 new songs in every version. This gives you 30.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']I just wish Beatmania was a bit more popular because my beatmania turntable is gathering dust :(.[/QUOTE]
You need to import. Beatmania IIDX 3rd Style through 12th Style are all on the PS2 in Japan, and 13th (Distorted) is on the way. I've played an unbelievable amount of all of them.

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']I just wish Beatmania was a bit more popular because my beatmania turntable is gathering dust :(.[/QUOTE]
You need to import. Beatmania IIDX 3rd Style through 12th Style are all on the PS2 in Japan, and 13th (Distorted) is on the way. I've played an unbelievable amount of all of them.

Isn't it about time they included an editor of some sort to allow players to rip our own tracks?!

No, because nobody has access to the original recordings.

...except DDR gives you 70 new songs in every version. This gives you 30.

One could argue is that the trade-off is less repetitiveness in the notecharts and song length. Then again, DDR offers a bunch of stuff than GH does.

y halo thar U.S. IIDX GOLD Location Testing. You sound familiar, btw. :3 *trots around as #1 member on Bemanistyle...*

$20 I'll think about it, no more tho...$10 would be a must haha[/QUOTE]

I think you're right, although I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I will most likely be one of the sheep who run out and pick it up day of release.

[quote name='funjoe']I think you're right, although I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I will most likely be one of the sheep who run out and pick it up day of release.[/quote]

well what you should do is play some gh1 or 2 (which ever you like more) and think about how much money you'll be saving when this title becomes a clearanced out one

bread's done
Back