Guitar Hero II 360 for $77.88 at Sams Club. Doubt its YMMV. Picture of price tag.L@@K

Ribbercage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Hey just got done working 3rd at Sams Club and wanted to check out Guitar Hero II before I bought it this afternoon. The price shown is 77.88. We got 12 in at our club in Erie, PA. This is why I dont preorder games anymore unless im getting something cool for preordering. This is a great deal compared to 89.99 at EB/GS or anywhere else. This game should not be passed up. The PS2 version at Sams was 74.xx. For and extra 3 bucks the 360 version is a must buy! Hope you all enjoy!
0403070515hw7.jpg

[quote name='Ribbercage']Hey just got done working 3rd at Sams Club and wanted to check out Guitar Hero II before I bought it this afternoon. The price shown is 77.88. We got 12 in at our club in Erie, PA. This is why I dont preorder games anymore unless im getting something cool for preordering. This is a great deal compared to 89.99 at EB/GS or anywhere else. This game should not be passed up. The PS2 version at Sams was 74.xx. For and extra 3 bucks the 360 version is a must buy! Hope you all enjoy![/quote]

Isn't this just the normal percentage mark-down Sam's has on most new releases? Not to thread crap, but to me the only reason this seems like a good deal is because of the high price vs. a normal release price. I guess Sam's is good if you need a release right away and you can't find it elsewhere for a Day 1 deal/sale. But I'd prefer the CC deal with Points (since you need them to buy songs anyway) over this any day.

On the other hand, this price will probably stay the same for months, so that's nice to fall back on.

[quote name='turls']Isn't this just the normal percentage mark-down Sam's has on most new releases? Not to thread crap, but to me the only reason this seems like a good deal is because of the high price vs. a normal release price. I guess Sam's is good if you need a release right away and you can't find it elsewhere for a Day 1 deal/sale. But I'd prefer the CC deal with Points (since you need them to buy songs anyway) over this any day.

On the other hand, this price will probably stay the same for months, so that's nice to fall back on.[/QUOTE]
Nope. This is a damn good deal. A lot of recent new release games at sam's have been like 3% off, especially for the PS3. This is better than 13% off. My circuit city sucks so hard they probably pulled the points cards so they wouldn't have to give them out. I'm for sure on the look out for this deal. My sam's, however, NEVER stocks new releases on day 1, so I'm not sure when they'll have it in stock.

For those of you who don't have the Sam's membership but have the Costco one, they have it for $79.99. They have it online with free 2 day shipping. I'm assuming the free shipping is for a limited time only.

You can't come in, and you can't buy anything.

It's $35 a year, just get it. You'll save that in buying groceries. Anyone posting up here is likely male and under 35. You guys all like frozen food, well Sam's has a decent selection of cheeseburgers, taquitos, chicken wings, chinese food, mozzerella sticks, etc. AND they have jumbo bags of chips for like 2/$4.50.

And you can stock up cheap for all your raw meat needs with steaks, ribs, brisket, and sausages.

Sam's or Costco aren't there for one time purchasers, so if you don't have a membership for whatever reason, hold off till you can justify it to yourself.

[quote name='PyroGamer']What are the restrictions on non-Sam's-club members, again?[/quote]

They sometimes will give you a guest pass if you say you want to look around but there is a 10% surcharge on prices so if you were going to do that just to get this game you wouldn't save that much

Check Fatwallet for a guest pass if there is one current and yes there is a 10% upcharge for nonmembers. I buy protein from them several tubs at a time its good and cheap. :D BUT the last time I went in they had changed from letting you just show your pass to the door checker to making you sign in at the desk and then listen to a whole pitch as well as take a tour with a manager. This was a few weeks ago on a busy saturday afternoon and she insisted on walking me around untill I finally said look i'm here for protein and that's it so please let me buy that and leave(I had a pass from the newspaper). She got pissed but left me alone. The best part they replaced my protein with a higher priced EAS blend but I still stocked up. Good luck!

EDIT: Here is a link to a guest pass from FW you can still save around $5 after tax and upcharge. Scroll down to red box.
http://www.phillyswirl.com/aboutus/1day.cfm

[quote name='nyprimus4']Would Bestbuy price match Costco's $79.99 and then give you the 10% back?[/quote]

I dont think BB qualfies Sams as one of their "competitors"

Confirmed it's not YMMV - Sam's Club in Sterling, VA had it at this price as well, quite a few of them on the shelf too.

Can anyone who bought from here tell me what model # of the guitar they got? 95055 or 95065 I believe are the 2 models currently floatin around.... [Sticker on the back]

[quote name='TomoyoN']Can anyone who bought from here tell me what model # of the guitar they got? 95055 or 95065 I believe are the 2 models currently floatin around.... [Sticker on the back][/QUOTE]

I got a 95065 model from them but all is well so far. If I have any probles in the next couple days I'm going back for a exchange.

I had to take mine back for an exchange. The whammy bar worked half the time. It was very irritating when I had star power and was getting crappy points. Thanks for posting that.

bread's done
Back