Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

Having never really played a guitar hero before cept from a demo I must say im a retard for never buying one before. Game is insanely fun and addictive!

[quote name='doomgaze_86']I really hope not. You'll probably have a good chance if your store sticks to the street date.

If they do sell out you could try price matching at Best Buy or Walmart...[/QUOTE]

Grrr...looks like i'm taking an early lunch (10am) to check my local CC.

Target in Minneapolis has Guitar Hero 2 combo and guiitar-only for Xbox 360 ringing up as RECALLED. They say it's a global Target issue and won't be able to sell them until this afternoon.

[quote name='anomynous']So is the "HD Lag" adjustment option in the options menu in the game?[/quote]

I'd like to know this aswell.

[quote name='JDMxB']Since it's out of stock at CC.com...do you guys forsee any shortages at CC during lunch time tomorrow if I try to go pick one up?[/quote]

i was worried everyone was going to suck them all up doing in-store pickup, but I went when the store opened (10:00) and they had a ton of them in stock.

[quote name='romanodog']i was worried everyone was going to suck them all up doing in-store pickup, but I went when the store opened (10:00) and they had a ton of them in stock.[/QUOTE]

My CC had 4 left when I got there at 10:30, and I got the last. They're flying off the shelves.

Can't freaking wait to get home and play it.

Got mine at CC just after 10, there was only 1 1600 point card left, not sure how many copies of the game were left, they were still in the back.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Got mine at CC just after 10, there was only 1 1600 point card left, not sure how many copies of the game were left, they were still in the back.[/quote]
Did they have additional Guitar Controllers?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did they have additional Guitar Controllers?[/quote]

There are no additional controllers released (to my knowledge).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did they have additional Guitar Controllers?[/quote]
nope, i'm not even sure if these are available yet

i work from home, and its so hard to keep myself working and not just run downstairs and play guitar hero all day!

[quote name='Scorch']There are no additional controllers released (to my knowledge).[/quote]
What!? Damn, didnt see that coming, it would have made sense to have the additional controllers available.

I know they're out there I saw someone selling them on ebay.
5ac2_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-2-II-for-XBOX-360-2-Guitars-Game_W0QQitemZ120103983933QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just got back from CC and snagged the bf GH2+2 1600 point cards for $101.39. Luckily, he has no idea that I'm getting it for him, so he'll be getting quite a surprise when I get home from work this evening :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did they have additional Guitar Controllers?[/QUOTE]

Didn't ask.

Anyone else use VGA? Looks like this game isn't optimized for full screen with VGA, like Burnout Revenge was. Might have to switch to component.

HD Lag option is there.

My local CC is opening in 20 minutes, so I'll GTFO and hopefully to cram in 3 hours of GH2-goodness before work.

Damn, GH2 urges are going to annoy the shit out of me at work today.

when i tried to buy it at my target, they couldnt get it to scan right and they said they have some sort of a recall with it, is anyone else having/had any sort of problem like this?

I've been playing this game and getting owned on medium mode yet it is such a blast. This won't be leaving my disc tray for at least a week.

Just got it at the Circuit City in Grossmont, there were 4-5 people already there and they mistook me for a CC employee (my Papa John's uniform is also red shirt and khaki pants).

They had a whole cardboard display rack, grabbed one and a points card and setting this bitch up right now. :)

I picked up 2x GH2, 2x 1600 pts. cards, and Lunar Knights for $180 total. I used the $40 off of $200 which worked fine. I'll probably exchange Lunar Knights for Chocobo Tales or Puzzle Quest (at another store since they didn't have it at CC) later this week. I needed two so I could have an extra guitar for the wife to play. I may trade in the second game for another MS points card. I can probably get $20ish, right?

[quote name='Shalafi']when i tried to buy it at my target, they couldnt get it to scan right and they said they have some sort of a recall with it, is anyone else having/had any sort of problem like this?[/quote]

Apparently Target was having problems with their computer system and this item this morning. Some others have posted about the same problem on the xbox.com forums.

Just got mine a little bit ago-- there were 4 other people, most of them like me, in dress clothes on their lunch, picking up the game. Got the 1600 points as well. I picked up the second to last at the display.

Pretty sure they have more though, lots of happy folks today :)

Ok, I was patient when I bought it before the official street date, but come on. It has been TWELVE HOURS since release, I DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. RIGHT NOW.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ok, I was patient when I bought it before the official street date, but come on. It has been TWELVE HOURS since release, I DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. RIGHT NOW.[/quote]

Frealz. Yo.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ok, I was patient when I bought it before the official street date, but come on. It has been TWELVE HOURS since release, I DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. RIGHT NOW.[/QUOTE]
This is a caricature of all of your Xbox 360-related posts.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ok, I was patient when I bought it before the official street date, but come on. It has been TWELVE HOURS since release, I DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. RIGHT NOW.[/quote]

Seriously. I haven't even played it yet (it should be waiting for me at home!) but I demand some DLC NOW (in the form of new songs, not lame avatars or picture packs or themes or whatever)!!!

Medium mode is nothing. I'm picking this up later tonight.. I will play through it on Medium (and probably get five starts on everything, because i'm awesome like that).

The guitar will be hard to get used to, though. The buttons are smaller and closer together.

Look for me on the scoreboards later.. i'll be the one near the top.

speakin of top, 20th on 'Jessica' (my favorite track) on the leaderboards... guess i should enjoy it while it lasts ^_~

I started on Hard and plan on 5-starring the Hard career in one go and then off to Expert.

The Leaderboards are a nice addition, looks like I'm around 250th at Woman(H) out of 10,000 on my first try.

how many people who ordered from red octane are getting theirs today/already have? Thats what i did and I really really want to play it today.

[quote name='Wolve11']I hate all you good GH II players....I am crap....[/quote]
Agreed. I only got five stars on easy mode for one song (that slow ass Alice Cooper song). I hope I get better. I want to be able to utilize all 5 buttons.

[quote name='jakescape53']how many people who ordered from red octane are getting theirs today/already have? Thats what i did and I really really want to play it today.[/quote]
I got mine this morning from RedOctane. I have to say that the bag is a bajillion times more useful than I thought it would be and I am glad I went through them instead of Circuit City (free case > free points). The guitar is so big I have no where to store it but thanks to the case I just throw the guitar in there and sling it over a coat rack.

[quote name='Kendro']Agreed. I only got five stars on easy mode for one song (that slow ass Alice Cooper song). I hope I get better. I want to be able to utilize all 5 buttons.

I got mine this morning from RedOctane. I have to say that the bag is a bajillion times more useful than the I thought and I am glad I went through them instead of Circuit City. The guitar is so big I have no where to store it but now I just throw it in the case and sling it over a coat rack.[/quote]
awesome. My UPS truck driver usually comes through anytime within the next 2 hours or so. This day is pretty much dedicated to hoping and waiting for me

I'm so digging this. I've 5-starred all the easy songs (including one perfect!) and am getting 4s mostly on Medium (with a few 3s and 5s peppered in there). I'm definietly getting better, and getting a feel for some of the more advanced things like the hammer-ons, etc.

However, adding that 5th fret is going to be murder, I'm sure. Does that get added at Hard or only Expert?

Yeah, when I got this the other day I remembered how much the difficulty increased over the first game. I held off on playing the sequel much because I was waiting for the 360 version...but playing a song on medium on GH1 and then playing a song on medium on this game gives you a pretty alarming jolt.

[quote name='Brak']This is a caricature of all of your Xbox 360-related posts.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2803927#post2803927

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2803032#post2803032

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2803027#post2803027

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800799#post2800799

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2800789#post2800789

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2797211#post2797211

Those are just the 5 most recent. I guess I could keep going if you want, but I don't want to derail the thread.

Overgeneralizations can be funny and poignant if they are accurate. Yes, I bitched about XBL Arcade games, and rightfully so. I haven't done it since they got their shit together.

I guess if nothing else I should be flattered that when I do complain it's memorable....I must be doing something right.

[quote name='daroga']I'm so digging this. I've 5-starred all the easy songs (including one perfect!) and am getting 4s mostly on Medium (with a few 3s and 5s peppered in there). I'm definietly getting better, and getting a feel for some of the more advanced things like the hammer-ons, etc.

However, adding that 5th fret is going to be murder, I'm sure. Does that get added at Hard or only Expert?[/quote]

Practice, practice, practice - it's really the only way to get better. Also, if you play a song enough you will eventually learn where your fingers need to be in order to be able to hit everything.

Orange (the 5th fret) starts on Hard as do 3-button chords.

Just stopped by Circuit City to get my 1600pts adjustment and realized that Entourage S3.Pt.1 came out, so I got that the card and another Guitar Hero II and I was able to use the $15 off of $100 coupon. So I'll just return the Guitar Hero II I just bought with Saturday's receipt at a later time. :D

[quote name='Decker']Solved my own problem : my toddler son had fucked with the receiver and made it sound all messed up. Like the game wasn't hard enough already. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Having just the guitar and crowd noise almost sounds like it would be fun to mess around with. Solo Hero.

'Dead!' is the funnest song to play of the new songs they added for 360. I liked 'Hush' alot but after jumping up and down while playing 'Dead!', I'd have to say it's my favorite of the new additions.

Anyone else agree?

Im I the only one that sees the walls "moving" when I look away from the screen? I have played my fair amount of FPS or just sitting in front of the PC on some MMO for hours straight and have never seen my walls "move" before....

So can a noob like me really practice enought to eventually play and beat expert with 5 stars?

I jumped from Easy to Medium, Hard, and Expert and when I got to hard I sucked but when I got to expert I sucked ass.

Okay, I have a question so let me tell you the situation.

I go away to school and I had RedOctane ship out my multiplayer bundle to my house. Since I'm impatient, I bought the single player pack from the FYE I work at. Upon getting to my dorm, I called home to see if the two SKUs matched on the two single player bundles. It turns out that they don't.

Usually that's not a big deal because I could just switch the slip covers, but I was wondering if anyone who preordered the single/multiplayer bundle could tell me the contents of the box so I know if there's any thing different with the preordered one than the one you buy in stores. I definitely don't want to return the one I got in the mail to them and realize I'm missing out on something.

Thanks guys. :)

Wow I'm looking at the song list from Guitar Hero 1 (never played GH before) and a lot of them kick all kinds of ass. I hope the DLC isn't too expensive because I'd definitely pick up a few from the original like Killer Queen and Smoke on the Water.

bread's done
Back