Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

please people don't buy these even if you have 8,000+ points just sitting in your account. The only way ms and redoctane/activision will see that these prices are too high is if no one buys them

[quote name='M1C13']I see everyones point but, they aren't forcing you to buy them... if you don't want them don't buy them. [/QUOTE]

Not picking on you specifically, but I am so tired of this argument. ITS NOT THE CONTENT WE HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH. We want the content! Thats the whole reason people are so passionate, we want the content but do not agree with the pricing whatsoever.
And for those who say "tough", do you always view life with such pessimism? Don't lie down and take it, let our opinion be heard! We can change where things will be going in the future if we let Red Octane know how we feel.

It's just like the horse armor pack back in the day. A lot of people bought it and a lot of people complained. In the end they realized they overcharged and the next set of DLC was significantly cheaper.
With this DLC and all the complaints redoctane has already received I promise you the next songs will be cheaper.

Either way I still got the horse armor pack and you better believe I got this.
It is fairl price, but a little over priced.

Meh, I'm going to play me my new songs now, you guys have fun bitching.

[quote name='elsnow77']please people don't buy these even if you have 8,000+ points just sitting in your account. The only way ms and redoctane/activision will see that these prices are too high is if no one buys them[/QUOTE]

Listen to this cat. I want to play "Bark at the Moon" as bad as anyone - but I'm not budging until prices come down. I know that succumbing to 500 points now will make companies say "well, some suckers bit on 500 point Guitar Hero packs, so we can totally charge more for DLC than we thought!"

Set a precedent for once, will ya? I'm not asking you to donate to the Christian Children's Fund, I'm asking you to show some fucking backbone and buy, if only for a moment, into the concept of delayed gratification. You may find it in your best interests.

[quote name='Weedy649']should smack RedOctane over the head with the Guitar Double J style, that'll show them[/quote]

mm-wm8-002f.gif

JEDOUBLEFHAHAJADOUBLEREDOUBLET!

just got on and played bark at the moon, man it's been awhile, well anyway it says that around 7500 people have gotten a high score in bark at the moon so then I went and play frankenstien and about 5000 people have gotten a high score in that.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']How is everyone storing/displaying their guitar? I had thought of buying a spare real guitar stand for it.[/QUOTE]
I have mine proped up against my entertainment center, we got a stnad with the GH2 demo at work (gamecrazy) but that has to stay there until it gets taken down.

Well, I just left an email for RedOctane's customer support. Regardless if it gets read or not, I just wanted to let them know how dissappointed I was with them. With that said, I hope that they come to their senses and I can play some of these songs on the 360. Some of those were my favorites.

The $10 premium on all 360 games should be abolished. I have only bought Crackdown at full retail and that was for the obvious reasons.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']How is everyone storing/displaying their guitar? I had thought of buying a spare real guitar stand for it.[/quote]

I just put it back in the box.

I'm really surprised at the pricing on the song packs. Way too much, especially bundled. They're more expensive than buying the same thing for PS2 (assuming that all of the songs are released at the same pricing structure), and that comes with a guitar controller and can be re-sold.

I like the old songs, and would like to have them on 360, but there's just no way I'm paying that much. New, never before played songs? I'd maybe pay this much for them, but I'd really have to consider the song.

As tempted as I am to buy these songs, I definitely will not mess with it. I already have GH1 for PS2. I'd like to have these songs added to the 360 GH2 but I refuse to pay that much. So screw it.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']How is everyone storing/displaying their guitar? I had thought of buying a spare real guitar stand for it.[/quote]

I'm using my brothers old stand. However, my roommates refuse to use it.

Man Frankenstein with Hammerdown and pull offs that work is SO SO SO SO SO TEMPTING but i'm not paying half a CD price for fucking 3 songs.

dlc is really starting to piss me off.
i hate that when my 360 breaks i have to go through a huge hassle with ms so i can play my dlc offline. the pricing is ridiculous. pc users can get shivering isles for a 3rd less than us and they get a damn disk. these songs were already released, they could ha ve easily been on the gh2 disk, instead theyre doing us a "favor" by giving us dlc, bullshit. $20 for 9 songs? get the fuck outta here.
how about red octane does us a favor and makes guitars that work and dont shock us. thatd be nice. and ms can eat shit with their garbage dlc policies and their elite. thank you for the buttsex.

[quote name='ryanbph']i know i am new to the gh2 scene, but what is hammerdown and pull off mean?[/QUOTE]
go through the tutorials.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Online petitions suck.[/quote]

QFT. The song packs are outrageously priced but online petitions scream nerd rage. Plus they don't work.

[quote name='lilboo']Now would be a great time to get some free points..say from this site known as gaming lagoon.. ::coughs::CHECK SIG ::spits::

=)

But seriously, that is some expensive shit.[/QUOTE]

Tried gaminglagoon last week on 3 cc deals. 1 worked, 2 didn't. That's my experience with them.

The whole Guitar Hero library should be, like, 1600 - 2000 points.

Should.

[quote name='paz9x']how about red octane does us a favor and makes guitars that work and dont shock us. [/quote]

If the guitar is shocking you, as mine did to me, then it's a matter of time before the thing stops working completely. Exchange it ASAP. It's even more defective than the models having whammy bar problems. Unless you got it directly from Red Octane, in which case you'd have better luck trying to get help by speaking directly to the actual guitar itself...

[quote name='thrustbucket']Tried gaminglagoon last week on 3 cc deals. 1 worked, 2 didn't. That's my experience with them.[/quote]

I actually signed up for it two days ago. Took about 2.5-3 hours of actual work over the course of 24 hours, and I had a 1600 points code sitting in my email. Granted they did refuse about 1 out of every 7 of the surveys I filled out. Was pleasantly surprised though, I figured it was just another scam site. It does help though, considering I wont buy any game I cant physically hold - and these stupid DLC items are SO expensive... yes I am looking at you RedOctane.

[quote name='62t']I laugh at people who got rid of their GH1 on PS2 thinking the DLC will be at a reasonable price[/quote]

In their face or at home reading the message boards?

[quote name='Tyvan']In their face or at home reading the message boards?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='M1C13']just got on and played bark at the moon, man it's been awhile, well anyway it says that around 7500 people have gotten a high score in bark at the moon so then I went and play frankenstien and about 5000 people have gotten a high score in that.[/QUOTE]

I bet both of those numbers would be at least triple if the price was 300 points per pack versus 500 points per pack.

[quote name='Ronin317']If the guitar is shocking you, as mine did to me, then it's a matter of time before the thing stops working completely. Exchange it ASAP. It's even more defective than the models having whammy bar problems. Unless you got it directly from Red Octane, in which case you'd have better luck trying to get help by speaking directly to the actual guitar itself...[/QUOTE]
i personally havent had any issues with my guitar, but it seems a lot of cags did/do. thats unacceptable, were getting milked for extras on a product that has had incredibly high failure rates.

[quote name='anomynous']LOL at Major Nelson still defending the pricing, and saying the songs are not old content:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/12/major-nelson-talks-guitar-hero-downloads-halo-3/[/QUOTE]

It's fascinating to see him simultaneously (1) justify the high price as a necessity for RO to profit and (2) assure gamers that they're considering their complaints and going to look at offering lower-priced titles in the future.

Man, fuck the DLC era. fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. This is just the beginning, too.

[quote name='anomynous']LOL at Major Nelson still defending the pricing, and saying the songs are not old content:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/12/major-nelson-talks-guitar-hero-downloads-halo-3/[/QUOTE]

This is the same Major Nelson that had someone from EA on his podcast to talk about the downloads for NFS Carbon and Godfather. He ended up just fielding a bunch of softball questions at him rather than actually confront him on it.

Unfortunately, while he's a "kinda" reporter, the guy still represents Microsoft so if he starts pissin' off developers by criticizing their pricing and such, they may see that as criticisms from Microsoft themselves.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/12/major-nelson-talks-guitar-hero-downloads-halo-3/[/quote]
I love it how he’s alluding to the idea that if the songs were released individually we would have to pay more for them. Since we are getting them in a pack of 3 we are actually saving $$$$. Give me a fucking break. So you are telling me that if released individually they would be what… $2.50, $3.00??? Yeah, try to get people to believe that.:rofl:

It’s also funny how he’s trying to step away from this debacle and say that’s its Red Octane and their licensing deals that are responsible for the high price. OK then, if that’s the case how come Micro$oft is having a problem with Epic when Epic wants to release free Gears of War maps to the public? http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/09/microsoft-forcing-fees-marketplace-phil-101-with-epic-and-microsoft/ I’m sure that Red Octane are not looking to get more bad press since the stories broke about their malfunctioning guitars. Now they have to deal with this pricing issue.

I don't know, it seemed like he thought the pricing was hard to defend, given the following quote:

"I don't want to defend it: it is what it is." He better be ready to defend it, that's what being the company shill. I love the fact joystiq called him XBOX's mascot in training.

Anyway, CAGs do not forget to use the gamer gift card coupon or the Gamepro coupons and get your point cards at Best Buy. At least this way a 1600 card runs you approx $16 and these songs work out to be more like $1.66 per song. Still priced a little high, but better. I'm in no hurry to purchase these packs, b/c I have tons of songs to unlock in the regualr game, but just wanted to send along the reminder about the Best Buy coupons.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's fascinating to see him simultaneously (1) justify the high price as a necessity for RO to profit and (2) assure gamers that they're considering their complaints and going to look at offering lower-priced titles in the future.

Man, fuck the DLC era. fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. This is just the beginning, too.[/QUOTE]
When the horse armor nonsense went down, I was screaming at EVERYONE not to buy into it, because it was the beginning of a slippery slope that we are now heading down at full speed. I know I wasn't the only one. What's sad is the horse armor is absolutely nothing compared to this...and I predict in a year we'll be facing some new ridiculous pricing scheme that makes THIS look tame by comparison. Probably with Halo 3.

[quote name='KaneRobot']When the horse armor nonsense went down, I was screaming at EVERYONE not to buy into it, because it was the beginning of a slippery slope that we are now heading down at full speed. I know I wasn't the only one. What's sad is the horse armor is absolutely nothing compared to this...and I predict in a year we'll be facing some new ridiculous pricing scheme that makes THIS look tame by comparison. Probably with Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

You bet your ass.

"Aw, dude, this makes the Guitar Hero songs look like a goddamned bargain!"

All we need to do is wait for the right moment and C&P that statement.

I've bought a few of those silly packs for Saints Row (which, while cheap, were unlock keys and not actual DLC) and XBLA titles. Nothing else - not any video/movie crap either.

Really *REALLY* glad I kept my PS2 Guitar Hero's at this point.

I'll be even happier if the rumored 80's Edition is announced / comes out.

[quote name='mykevermin']You bet your ass.

"Aw, dude, this makes the Guitar Hero songs look like a goddamned bargain!"

All we need to do is wait for the right moment and C&P that statement.

I've bought a few of those silly packs for Saints Row (which, while cheap, were unlock keys and not actual DLC) and XBLA titles. Nothing else - not any video/movie crap either.[/QUOTE]

I VERY rarely buy "additional game content." The only time I recall doing so thus far is for an XBL Arcade game, since that is not going anywhere. If I buy add-on content for standalone games, it's useless to me when I sell/trade the game. That's generally enough to ensure I stay away.

Marketplace and DLC are slippery slopes, as everyone here has pointed out. Its obvious, now more than ever, that games are being developed with "missing" parts available to download weeks later over Live. Games will no longer be filled to the brim with content, it'll be systematically spread out through the initial retail release and subsequent "bonus" content pack.

Does anyone else think the retail value of the game might cover ALL development costs, not only what you purchase on DVD but all other subsequent content on Marketplace? Considering its obvious that some of this was developed alongside (doesn't apply to something like Shivering Isles).

I guess its frustrating because the system has so much potential, but instead we get pricing schemes akin to Guitar Hero. Which probably works out like this: Consumers would buy GH1 for Xbox360 at 59.99 plus tax, divide that by the number of licensed songs (30) and you get about 170pts each, but we'll give them a deal in a pack. Ridiculous... but its your choice...No wonder the top system is called "Elite," you gotta pay to play.
-Dr. Ugly-
*Edit: I'm still waiting for a repackaged Lumines Live (ie. don't hold your breath that anything is going to change)

Has anyone added up what it would cost for all 47 songs from the original version of Guitar hero in downloadable form? I know it may seem like a stupid question, I forget what the exchange ratio is on m$ kabucks to real dollars is though.

Ok, so I just looked it up. At 500 points a pack, thats 6 bucks per 3 songs. Guitar Hero 1 had 47 songs. At 3 songs a pack, thats 15.6 packs. Assuming of course they re-release everything. 15.6 x 500 (m$ points) is 7800 divided by the real world US dollar of 1.25 per 100 points = 62.40. This is assuming we even see all the original tracks. What a ripoff. Thats just songs, no other crap like characters, guitars, skins etc.

So we will end up paying more for less. How cool is that. If my math is off, someone feel free to correct me. Sorry if this is reposted info. I dont have time to read through 56 pages of comments.

Back to talking about the actual game...

Do you need to unlock ALL guitars to get the Buy all guitars acheivement? Like, I need to 5 star all Expert to unlock them, then buy them? Or will buying the ones that are unlocked from the beginning get me the nerd points?

bread's done
Back