Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

Maybe this is a dumb question.

If I bought a PS2 Gamepad converter that allows you to use the DualShock Controller on PC via USB, would I be able to use the PS2 Guitar on the 360??

[quote name='matowest']Maybe this is a dumb question.

If I bought a PS2 Gamepad converter that allows you to use the DualShock Controller on PC via USB, would I be able to use the PS2 Guitar on the 360??[/quote]
Negative, you'd have to somehow get the drivers onto your 360.

[quote name='Mattte']Negative, you'd have to somehow get the drivers onto your 360.[/quote]

I tried this myself, but the 360 wouldn't recognize it at all.:cry:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Topped you this morning. The ball is in your court, delirium. :cool:[/quote]

I've absolutely been tearing it up the last few days. I'm now ranked 670 and only 3 more career songs to 5 star (Rock this Town, Psychobilly Freakout, and Misirlou). Hope you still got some juice in that engine. :)

Played the 360 version for the first time yesterday.

I managed to get through Jordan on Hard the first time. Is it the toughest song on hard?

why is this game so hard... at least on the last 3 sets.

i'm ranked 1631 on campaign only and i still feel like i suck.

and i hate psychobilly freakout.

[quote name='javeryh']Most DLC ever? Um... no.

They better release "Rocks the 80s" as a $40 downloadable pack with 250 achievement points.[/QUOTE]

QF fucking T

I'd snatch that up in a second.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']That guy is seriously awesome. Make sure to watch the whole thing.[/quote]

He's really really good. I can't imagine how many times he's played YYZ.

Played a lot this weekend, I'm ranked around 50ish now. 8th on Misirlou, top 10 on Six I think, a good Rock This Town score, and others I can't think of.

I'm slowly getting 5 stars on the hard songs... I'll never get them all but it's fun to try. I've got about 2/3 of them but any song with decending notes in rapid succession are just about impossible for me (Woman, for example). Oh well.

5 more of the bonus songs to go before I get that achievement and I think that will be about all I can get.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm slowly getting 5 stars on the hard songs... I'll never get them all but it's fun to try. I've got about 2/3 of them but any song with decending notes in rapid succession are just about impossible for me (Woman, for example). Oh well.

5 more of the bonus songs to go before I get that achievement and I think that will be about all I can get.[/QUOTE]
im starting to go back through hard and 5star what i can, im stuck on psychobilly freakout, i HATE that song. started expert and am through the first couple sets.

[quote name='paz9x']im starting to go back through hard and 5star what i can, im stuck on psychobilly freakout, i HATE that song. started expert and am through the first couple sets.[/quote]

That entire last tier is going to be impossible. When I beat them the first time I just barely survived for 3 stars. No way I'm getting 5 on Freebird or any of them. I'm in the third tier for Expert right now - I've beat 15/48.

I've been trying to 5 star all the hard songs too. I only have a few left but one of them is Psychobilly Freakout and I can't even FOUR star it yet. I also seem to be having some issues with Crazy On You thanks to that stupid verse.

jav I wouldn't worry about Freebird. It's probably one of the easiest 5 stars in the hard tier :p

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I've been trying to 5 star all the hard songs too. I only have a few left but one of them is Psychobilly Freakout and I can't even FOUR star it yet. I also seem to be having some issues with Crazy On You thanks to that stupid verse.

jav I wouldn't worry about Freebird. It's probably one of the easiest 5 stars in the hard tier :p[/quote]

That's good to know about Freebird. What's up with some of the songs being WAY harder than others to 5-star? I had the toughest time getting 5 stars for Sweet Child O'Mine even though I was hitting about 93-94% of the notes. Then last night I went from 3 stars to 5 stars for Rock-n-Roll Hoochie Coo with practically no trouble and only hitting 88% of the notes.

Just got this out again with my friend in for the weekend. He'd never played before and had a blast with it.

I added another song to my list of 5-starred Medium songs (YYZ), and continue to get my butt kicked pretty compeltely by most things on Hard. Oh well, much like Ikaruga, the game is still fun even when you're losing ;)

That new DLC needs to hit. I need me some Iron Man and Franz Ferdinand.

[quote name='delirium266']I've absolutely been tearing it up the last few ays. I'm now ranked 670 and only 3 more career songs to 5 star (Rock this Town, Psychobilly Freakout, and Misirlou). Hope you still got some juice in that engine. :)[/QUOTE]

I took my 360 with me on vacation, and had a bit of a breakthrough. I've finally started to kick ass again. I'm ranked about 100 ahead of you now, and I only have 3 left to 5-star (Psychobilly, Misirlou, and Hangar 18). Your move. :)

[quote name='daroga']

That new DLC needs to hit. I need me some Iron Man and Franz Ferdinand.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, brother.

So how much does this game get for trade in?
JUST the game. (I have bundle coming to me, but I just wanted the extra guitar lol)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I took my 360 with me on vacation, and had a bit of a breakthrough. I've finally started to kick ass again. I'm ranked about 100 ahead of you now, and I only have 3 left to 5-star (Psychobilly, Misirlou, and Hangar 18). Your move. :)[/quote]
My score is slightly better than what the leaderboard is showing, but probably not by much..I haven't played a lot recently. My Xbox has been hooked up to my downstairs tv so I haven't been connected to the internet on it for a few weeks.

Misirlou is so goddamn hard to 5 star. You really have to nail all the star power parts to have a shot at it, and some of them are in some pretty tough spots. I'm not very good at keeping a combo going while double strumming, especially not at that song's speed.

[quote name='javeryh']That's good to know about Freebird. What's up with some of the songs being WAY harder than others to 5-star? I had the toughest time getting 5 stars for Sweet Child O'Mine even though I was hitting about 93-94% of the notes. Then last night I went from 3 stars to 5 stars for Rock-n-Roll Hoochie Coo with practically no trouble and only hitting 88% of the notes.[/quote]

Your star rating is based more on hitting long streaks of notes and holding onto a big multiplier than it is on percentage hit. It's also key to figure out the best times to use your star power..usually on parts where there are a lot of chords (worth more points than single notes), where you can hit every note without missing for the duration of your star power, and where you won't overlap with another set of star notes.

I just read about some cheat that allows greater room for mistakes or something - anyone know anything about this? Apparently this is how some people are so good at the game...

[quote name='javeryh']I just read about some cheat that allows greater room for mistakes or something - anyone know anything about this? Apparently this is how some people are so good at the game...[/quote]

It's called hyper speed, I don't consider it a cheat. It makes the notes come faster, so just like you said there's more room for mistakes. I tried it once and I didn't like it too much. Put in this code at the main menu:

B, O, Y, O, B, O, Y, Y

The letters being the color of the fret.

[quote name='daroga']How does making the notes come faster make things easier?[/quote]

When you switch back to expert or hard, it will make the notes feel a little bit slower.

I'm just guessing, I've never played GH but I am getting it soon.

I did that a long time ago with some cheat in Crash Bandicoot.

Everything music and timing wise is the same, the notes look more spread out tho, and move much quicker down the board to accomdate the spacing. Makes the songs like Jordan/Six with large clusters of notes a little easier to manage, at least for me.

[quote name='daroga']I finally got a 200,000 point song! War Pigs on Medium! Who-hoo!

My fellow medicore Guitar Hero players, rejoice with me! ;)[/QUOTE]
rock on brother
what songs can be done on medium/hard for 400k?
what are some easier 1k note streakable songs?

bread's done
Back