Guitar Hero III coming for PC/Mac

very nice. but an awesome version has been out for awhile along with the ability to add whatever songs you want with the right amount of effort.

Whammy bar support will be nice though.

Frets on Fire is a pain in my fucking ass.

I may pick up the Mac version once someone inevitably hacks it to use your own music files.

YES!!!

Just so long as they have a wireless guitar controller of some kind so that I don't accidentally yank my computer on the floor like I did my PS2.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I may pick up the Mac version once someone inevitably hacks it to use your own music files.[/QUOTE]
That is what will make the computer version THE one to have. Free new songs.

Bumped. We're only a couple weeks away from release now....I've not been able to find too much about this. It is up for preorder on EB's site, but it only shows a bundle. Anyone know if you can just buy the game by itself? The 360 Xplorer works fine on a PC, and I don't need another guitar, especially since I'll probably wind up with the Rock Band bundle.

Definitely agree this is the one to get though, as long as this mystery developer doesn't somehow break it. Once the modding/hacking community gets a hold of this, it'll become pretty much a limitless source of free additional content.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I plan on acquiring the PC version and just using the Wii guitar for it. Bluetooth ftw.[/QUOTE]
will that actually work?

[quote name='KaneRobot']

Definitely agree this is the one to get though, as long as this mystery developer doesn't somehow break it. Once the modding/hacking community gets a hold of this, it'll become pretty much a limitless source of free additional content.[/QUOTE]

oh. my.

I was trying to decide between this, the 360, and the PS2 version, but you just answered that question for me. :)

SHIT. I think this got delayed. Gamestop's site now says backordered, and Amazon says "will be released December 4th," while Wal-Mart now says 11/26.

I guess it'll give me free time to work on the Diamond Head song I was working on importing into Guitar Zero/FoF...since inevitably someone will find a way to bring them in to GH3.

[quote name='BouncingSoul']Wow Guyver, Scott Hall looks like he has put on some serious weight over the years.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's old, so he stopped "oozing machismo." You put on some serious weight if you stop oozing.

SHIT. I think this got delayed. Gamestop's site now says backordered, and Amazon says "will be released December 4th," while Wal-Mart now says 11/26.

I guess it'll give me free time to work on the Diamond Head song I was working on importing into Guitar Zero/FoF...since inevitably someone will find a way to bring them in to GH3.

[quote name='BouncingSoul']Wow Guyver, Scott Hall looks like he has put on some serious weight over the years.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's old, so he stopped "oozing machismo." You put on some serious weight if you stop oozing.

I've read that the 360 GHIII controller works with this game, though it didn't mention if the PS3/Wii controllers did (guess not since they were omitted).

For the moment, though, the game is only available in a bundle with a (wired?) X-Plorer.

I ordered this from Best Buy with in store pickup for tomorrow. We'll see if they come through.

I'm going to assume that it's a Windows/Mac hybrid disc (Best Buy lists it as Windows only), and that it will run like ass on my MacBook (if it runs at all).

I don't want to use the X-Plorer, but so be it.

(After looking at Aspyr's website, I think this copy really will be for Windows only. I must know for certain!)

Edit: And... it was a PC only game. So now I must scour the Earth for the Mac version.

"NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives."

I hope it doesnt contain starforce...

:whistle2:s

I'll wait until people figure out how to get around that and/or there are reports of nasty starforce-like stuff in there.

If they can crack fuckin' BD+, this shouldn't be all that difficult.

I REALLY doubt they'd include Starforce...that thing is the kiss of death among PC gamers. That said, if they have what basically AMOUNTS to Starforce under a different name, it's no better. I suppose I'll wait as well.

[quote name='mykevermin']If they can crack fuckin' BD+, this shouldn't be all that difficult.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I give it a week at the most before someone gets around it.

Interesting that Best Buy said it'll be available "tomorrow" though. Good news.

Well, it's out. Put it out today at Target for $79.99. Comes with a wired X-Plorer... I don't know if it is any different from the 360 version.

someone on gamefaqs said this gave them an "Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." message and wouldn't run until they uninstalled Blindwrite.

Sounds pretty lame. I don't run any virtual drive stuff, but I thought people who do would like a heads up before they buy an $80 game.

[quote name='Apossum']someone on gamefaqs said this gave them an "Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." message and wouldn't run until they uninstalled Blindwrite.

Sounds pretty lame. I don't run any virtual drive stuff, but I thought people who do would like a heads up before they buy an $80 game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I went and found more comments about it:

I uninstalled Daemon Tools, because it was disabled and still wouldn't work. Still same error. The only other program I have that would use a virtual drive is Nero, and I don't believe its enabled because the only drives showing up is my hard drive and my dvd drive and a floppy drive although I don't have a floppy drive strange.

And a guy later on said:

I have Daemon Tools and no prob. for me...

I was going to hold off anyway because I don't want another Xplorer, but until this gets a no CD crack that gets around this (or someone figures out exactly what is going on with the mystery protection on this game), I'm not going near it.

bread's done
Back