Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='Bezerker']Is there anyone out there that doesnt like having actual masters? I guess for me, part of the charm was the fact that it sounded like a cover.[/QUOTE]
While I do like the masters way better than some of the covers (stellar) I see what you mean since the whole premise of the game is that you are a cover band so it shouldn't sound spot on.

[quote name='Bezerker']Is there anyone out there that doesnt like having actual masters? I guess for me, part of the charm was the fact that it sounded like a cover.[/quote]

I actually liked how some of the cover versions sounded better than the masters... David Bowie and Megadeth in GH1 come to mind

Wow, and I just got my OXM disc on Saturday....never played the demo, I guess I will just download it as that is easier rather than switching discs. No more OXM for me....becomming pointless. Maybe find a cheap, non-disc sub somewhere for pooping reading.

Sorry, I went off topic there :)

I think I'm probably the ONLY person not really excited for this. I barely scratched the surface of GHII.

Does the demo include all of the features for these songs? Or are there more limitations besides just having 5 songs on the demo?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Does the demo include all of the features for these songs? Or are there more limitations besides just having 5 songs on the demo?[/QUOTE]

What features? It's got everything you could do in GHII, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='red flare graf']What features? It's got everything you could do in GHII, as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]
You know: Multiplayer, high-scores, all difficulty levels, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Honestly, it's not that difficult of a question to comprehend. I'm simply asking what the limitations on the demo are, and if there are any besides there being only 5 songs.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You know: Multiplayer, high-scores, all difficulty levels, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Honestly, it's not that difficult of a question to comprehend. I'm simply asking what the limitations on the demo are, and if there are any besides there being only 5 songs.[/quote]

Multiplayer only, and Expert only.

Just stopped by my Sears and no dice....figured I'd stop by TRU as well as they have been leaking stuff early time after time and they just got them in as I walked in and they wouldn't let me get one. They put them in the back real fast.

It sucks how stores have them already but that they just can't sell them yet.

KMart in Anaheim, CA (off of Lincoln) put it out yesterday. Game only for now, but it's available. About 20 copies or so on the shelf.

[quote name='JJSP']KMart in Anaheim, CA (off of Lincoln) put it out yesterday. Game only for now, but it's available. About 20 copies or so on the shelf.[/quote]

The Ad for next week shows game only for 360, and then the bundle or game only for ps2. If I remember correctly, I just glanced at it real quick.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For those of you who haven't played the demo. Demo will be out tomorrow on XBLM. Details in OP.[/quote]

finally!

[quote name='javeryh']It probably means "available" for pre-order. The demo should hold me over for a week... I can't wait![/QUOTE]

True. But sometimes you get lucky with a clueless salesperson. I got the GH2 bundle a week early at Target that way. Also, K-Mart and Sears stores seem to have the game only in stock at some locations. I might try my luck tomorrow.

I could pick it up where I picked up my Halo 3 copy early, but since I have an order pending with RedOctane, I guess I'll just have to wait.

[quote name='Maynard']Man the metal on expert is fucking haarrrrddddddd[/QUOTE]

just tried it on the kiosk at wal-mart, shit kicked my ass, but in my defense the volume is like at 1 then all the other shoppers you can't even hear anything. :bomb:

[quote name='mr ryles']just tried it on the kiosk at wal-mart, shit kicked my ass, but in my defense the volume is like at 1 then all the other shoppers you can't even hear anything. :bomb:[/quote]

Yeah I am slowly working my way through it. I wasn't expecting the part with 3 chords, I love all the scales though they'e so much fun to hit.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You know: Multiplayer, high-scores, all difficulty levels, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Honestly, it's not that difficult of a question to comprehend. I'm simply asking what the limitations on the demo are, and if there are any besides there being only 5 songs.[/quote]
The demo has single player, multiplayer (though I don't know if it has online multiplayer, I didn't try it), training mode, and all difficult levels for all 5 songs. I does record your high score, but it didn't save it since it was running off a disk, I don't know if the Xbox Live demo will record your score.
Also, it only let you play 4 out of the 5 songs before returning you to the main menu.

Anybody know how the game itself comes in the bundled deal? I forget exactly how GH2 was - was it wrapped just like the individually sold games are? Think if I found the game itself and bought it, I'd be able to return the game from the bundle (still wrapped, of course) to Sears, Target, or wherever else I might find it?

[quote name='aktick']Anybody know how the game itself comes in the bundled deal? I forget exactly how GH2 was - was it wrapped just like the individually sold games are? Think if I found the game itself and bought it, I'd be able to return the game from the bundle (still wrapped, of course) to Sears, Target, or wherever else I might find it?[/quote]

Thats what I'm planning on doing, from what I remember it was a sealed game.

[quote name='aktick']Anybody know how the game itself comes in the bundled deal? I forget exactly how GH2 was - was it wrapped just like the individually sold games are? Think if I found the game itself and bought it, I'd be able to return the game from the bundle (still wrapped, of course) to Sears, Target, or wherever else I might find it?[/QUOTE]
Not legally.

GH2 bundle doesn't have a UPC on it; which makes me a sad panda (because now I want a cover with a UPC)

[quote name='JJSP']KMart in Anaheim, CA (off of Lincoln) put it out yesterday. Game only for now, but it's available. About 20 copies or so on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

I went here today after seeing this post and sure enough GH3 was there. Lady went to ring it up and computer denied the sale, tried all I could to get the game but they wouldn't sell it to me. For my troubles they gave me $15 off if I want to buy it when it comes out. Not bad but sadly they pulled all the copies so yeah dead.

[quote name='lordwow']Gah, TRU has the release date of the software-only as 11/1. Does anyone know if that's accurate?[/quote]

The release date for items on TRU.com are almost always messed up so don't go by what is on the website.

Sears came through with me today and I picked it up there. Awesome! Thanks for the tip off Mattte.
Gamestop was stating the game doesn't come with a wireless guitar anymore, but even the game case has it stating that it is wireless....anyone know if there's any truth to the controller not being wireless anymore or did I talk to some crazy employees at GS? I told them that I know Rock Band isn't wireless, but they insisted GHIII wasn't wireless.

the in store demo comes with a wired les paul, so you cant jack it.

they are just retarded and made some assumptions.

the redoctane product page still emphasizes WIRELESS.

Man, The Metal on expert is kicking my ass.

Those 3 finger chords switching fast.

Even though I play guitar for real, I have A LOT of trouble with that song.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Man, The Metal on expert is kicking my ass.

Those 3 finger chords switching fast.

Even though I play guitar for real, I have A LOT of trouble with that song.[/QUOTE]

yup the only one I can't beat on expert. it is tough.

[quote name='mr ryles']yup the only one I can't beat on expert. it is tough.[/QUOTE]

Freak that, it's beating my ass on normal. I just can't seem to hold my long ass fingers in place to successfully hit the four frets.

Checked out the guitar at GS today. Nice. Seems a lot more sturdy than the xplorer. Couldn't try the demo with it because the 360 wasn't reading the disc. D'oh!

[quote name='seanr1221']I've only beaten the Metal on expert once out of many tries.

I'm definitely starting on hard.[/QUOTE]

I hate how after 4 songs the demo restarts. *lame*

[quote name='orntar']the in store demo comes with a wired les paul, so you cant jack it.

they are just retarded and made some assumptions.

the redoctane product page still emphasizes WIRELESS.[/QUOTE]
Their page also states that you can have up to 4 guitars hooked up at one time so, while I do agree that the guitar is wireless I don't think their site is really update or else they haven't advertised one of their biggest features.
Taken from: http://www.redoctane.com/guitarhero3xbox360bundle.html

Guitar Features:
• 2.4GHz wireless technology with a 30-foot range
• New detachable neck – Guitar packs down small when on tour (and for storage).
• Improved fret button design and longer strum bar for an enhanced shredding experience.
• Use up to four controllers simultaneously on one console
• Auto sleep mode saves battery power

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Is the Wireless 360 Les Paul going to use the same rechargeable battery pack that the regular 360 controllers do?

I only ask because I'm thinking of switching my game-only pre-order to the bundle.

[quote name='asianxcore']Sorry if this has already been asked.

Is the Wireless 360 Les Paul going to use the same rechargeable battery pack that the regular 360 controllers do?

I only ask because I'm thinking of switching my game-only pre-order to the bundle.[/quote]

Doesn't look like it, I would assume it uses 2 AA batteries, thank god for rechargables.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]This package includes:
(1) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Software for Xbox 360™
(1) Guitar Hero WIRELESS Les Paul Guitar Controller
(1) Les Paul Guitar Faceplate (black)
(2) AA Batteries Included
(1) Guitar Hero Sticker Pack
(1) Standard 1" Wide Guitar Strap
[/FONT]

bread's done
Back