Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

Hey does anybody want to run through co-op career or play a few songs? I beat the single career but want to unlock more songs. I play on medium difficulty and have been trying to connect online but for whatever reason I keep getting failed to connect messages.

Hit me up on live if you're down. Thanks!

[quote name='Callandor']I've had some lockups of the game in the 360 version, usually at a loading or transition screen. The console itself is fine (I can still get to the blade), but the game just stops for about 15 seconds and then continues like nothing ever happened.

Nothing so bad as losing my data, though. Did you turn it off while the game was accessing or saving to the card? That's how I lost all my PS2 GHII data early this year. :cry:[/QUOTE]No, I definitely haven't turned it off in the midst of saving. Another time it froze while loading a cutscene. When I restarted, it ended up knocking us back a couple of songs that had already been cleared and autosaved. I tell ya, a lot of really glitchy things have been happening with the PS2 version of this game, and I don't like it. :whistle2:?

my wife bought a bunch of the custom guitars (chick, dog, shark) but they are not selectable for you character to use.

are they only available in coop (i ask because we haven't tried that mode) or is there something going on?

fucking Mosh 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am never going to beat this song and it is the last song on expert I need to beat before Lou.

I can play the song really good up until mosh 1.

But once I hit mosh 1 I fail at 34% most of the time. Sometimes I get lucky and get 37%. One time I got 38% that was exciting.

Even if I have star power I fail at the exact same spot.

I have tried playing it as fast as my fingers allow. I even tried only playing the OBYR (or BYR) and that doesn't work.

fuck Raining Blood!!!!!!!

has anyone had issues with their les paul? I jsut got mine, I havent played it yet but Im wondering if the problem is as wide spread as it seems.

[quote name='orntar']my wife bought a bunch of the custom guitars (chick, dog, shark) but they are not selectable for you character to use.

are they only available in coop (i ask because we haven't tried that mode) or is there something going on?[/quote]

Some of those might be basses, so that is why you aren't seeing them to use in your single player career.

[quote name='KingDox']Are the songs you get from the soundtrack any good?[/quote]

I bought it on Tuesday and still haven't opened it yet. I would have preferred other songs on GH than the ones on the soundtrack, but everyone has different tastes in music. Here's the track list:

1. Guitar Her 3 Intro - Slash
2. Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
3. 3's and 7's Queens od the Stone Age
4. Miss Murder - A.F.I.
5. Slither - Velvet Revolver
6. Kool Thing - Sonic Youth
7. Cult of Personality - Living Colour
8. Putting Holes In Happiness (Nick Zinner Remix) - Marilyn Manson
9. Tina - Flyleaf
10. Prayer of the Refuge - Rise Against
11. Devil Went Down To Gerogia (Guitar Hero Original) - Steve Ouimetie

and the 3 downloadable songs:

1. Carcinogen Crush - A.F.I.
2. Putting Holes In Happiness (Nick Zinner Remix) - Marilyn Manson
3. Tina - Flyleaf

[quote name='Razzuel']fucking Mosh 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am never going to beat this song and it is the last song on expert I need to beat before Lou.

I can play the song really good up until mosh 1.

But once I hit mosh 1 I fail at 34% most of the time. Sometimes I get lucky and get 37%. One time I got 38% that was exciting.

Even if I have star power I fail at the exact same spot.

I have tried playing it as fast as my fingers allow. I even tried only playing the OBYR (or BYR) and that doesn't work.

fuck Raining Blood!!!!!!![/quote]

Well, I have not beat the song yet, but I have past mosh 1 three times. So I hope to beat it really soon.

Heres my tip. Go to practice and go to slow. Practice mosh 1 but don't try to play the oranges and strum a lot (you should figure out the right pace) Then go to full speed and practice again. Once you can hit 57% on the mosh without playing orange you can pass. When playing the real song, get star powere and use like 5 seconds after the beginning of mosh 1(or wherever you feel you hit the most) Once you get past it have fun with the rest of the song :D

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']Well, I have not beat the song yet, but I have past mosh 1 three times. So I hope to beat it really soon.

Heres my tip. Go to practice and go to slow. Practice mosh 1 but don't try to play the oranges and strum a lot (you should figure out the right pace) Then go to full speed and practice again. Once you can hit 57% on the mosh without playing orange you can pass. When playing the real song, get star powere and use like 5 seconds after the beginning of mosh 1(or wherever you feel you hit the most) Once you get past it have fun with the rest of the song :D[/quote]

Alright sounds great I will give that a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Has anybody had any problems with connection issues? All the games I see are red connections and wont let me connect. I can host a game and some people join every now and then, but its rare. Do I have to open some ports or something in my router?

Damn it. I finally beat mosh 1 but I am not very consistent. I have beat it a couple times but after I beat it I am in the red and then fail.

[quote name='lilboo']Ooooh Baracuda.. Den den den den den den den den den den den den DEN DENNNNN.. deeennnn[/quote]

bah...the triplets in that song are hard

[quote name='ZerotypeX']bah...the triplets in that song are hard[/QUOTE]

I just like to sing with it. That's all :)
Why can't Four Non Blondes be on this? Man, I would tear it up to What's Up!

[quote name='ZerotypeX']bah...the triplets in that song are hard[/QUOTE]

Alt-strum. It makes them quite easy, although its easy to lose your timing.

Barracuda isn't too bad; The Trooper from GHII was faster and generally more difficult. That and Miserlou taught me to alt-strum on fast parts, but I still have trouble finding and keeping a consistent rhythm.

there is no GHI for 360, and it will work with GHII on 360

and i think it is still unkown if it works with back compat on the ps3

[quote name='orntar']there is no GHI for 360, and it will work with GHII on 360

and i think it is still unkown if it works with back compat on the ps3[/QUOTE]

I thought Guitar Hero II for 360 was Guitar Hero I and II for the PS2? Oh well. Just want to make sure the guitar will work for it.

I actually played someone from the top 100 on TTFAF and he thrashed me pretty good on pro face off. The funny thing is, I beat him by 4% on notes hit, but he beat my score by 100k+. And that was one of his worse runs. Was the first time I lost out of like 30 matches too.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I thought Guitar Hero II for 360 was Guitar Hero I and II for the PS2? Oh well. Just want to make sure the guitar will work for it.[/QUOTE]

nope. Just GHII. GHI is M.I.A. on the 360. Doubtful it will get ported do to the developer shake ups.

Those videos look like they have hyperspeed on so I tried it myself and... man, it's way too fast. Hyperspeed really helped me 5 star a lot of songs on GH2, but playing on the 5th level here is CRAZY! I played a few songs with the level at 4 and that seems like the sweet spot.

Can somebody answer a few questions for me about GHIII?

1. Is the whammy bar on the Les Paul somewhat different in obtaining star power? I seem to have problems extracting it. Seems it comes out when I barely touch the whammy bar. This wasn't the case on my older GHII guitars. (Tried my roommates Les Paul, and his is the same way.)

2. I am forcing myself to move up to hard difficulty. Not gonna play any medium Career mode this time around. But I need help. I suck on hard. I can barely pass the first few songs! When you move down to hit an orange, do you move your other three fingers down with it (your index on red, etc.)? When I'm ready to move back to a green, should I take all my fingers back to the original four buttons?

3. When I need to hit a red and orange note together, should I be using my index and my pinky?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit frustrated at how horrible I am on Hard mode. With the past two games, I coasted through Medium career and never played any higher. But I want to get better with this one.

[quote name='Rig']Can somebody answer a few questions for me about GHIII?

1. Is the whammy bar on the Les Paul somewhat different in obtaining star power? I seem to have problems extracting it. Seems it comes out when I barely touch the whammy bar. This wasn't the case on my older GHII guitars. (Tried my roommates Les Paul, and his is the same way.)

2. I am forcing myself to move up to hard difficulty. Not gonna play any medium Career mode this time around. But I need help. I suck on hard. I can barely pass the first few songs! When you move down to hit an orange, do you move your other three fingers down with it (your index on red, etc.)? When I'm ready to move back to a green, should I take all my fingers back to the original four buttons?

3. When I need to hit a red and orange note together, should I be using my index and my pinky?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit frustrated at how horrible I am on Hard mode. With the past two games, I coasted through Medium career and never played any higher. But I want to get better with this one.[/quote]

First let me say I suck at this game. I can 5-star everything on medium, beat hard and probably beat 1/2 the songs on expert but that's about it. I use two primary finger settings - one with my index finger on the green and the other with my index finger on the red - and I use all 4 fingers on my hand. A secondary position is with my index finger on yellow but I rarely use this - only when doing power chords. Get good with your pinky is about the only advice I can give.

I play at hard and my fingers move all over the place, depending on if a finger is getting tired, or what I feel is right for a section.

Basically do whatever makes it easiest to complete a section. You can always shift a fret down or up easily enough.

Just joined the group. I still have problems with timing in this game. I never had problems like this in GH II. I figured out that the lag calibrator just delays when the notes are detected, not when they are displayed, so I'm listening to the music and syncing with that and getting all kinds of notes wrong.

There, GLOCK, one more to add to your tour group. :D

It is just me, or are the majority of the people playing hard games online just AWFUL? I'm not that great, so I shouldn't be winning 9/10 games so far.

Edit: WTF? The last person I beat had "meet your maker" and I didn't get it?!?!?! Oh, he's on my friends list now!

Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit frustrated at how horrible I am on Hard mode. With the past two games, I coasted through Medium career and never played any higher. But I want to get better with this one.[/QUOTE]

1) you can try wammy bar calibration in the options
2)I move my whole hand over. I try to figure out which parts have minimal green button usage and on those i just leave my hand in index finger on red mode and I find stretching my index from red to hit green is much easier than stretching my pinky from blue to hit orange.
3)thats what i do

Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit frustrated at how horrible I am on Hard mode. With the past two games, I coasted through Medium career and never played any higher. But I want to get better with this one.[/QUOTE]
Don't know about the whammy problem. But as far as hitting the orange depends on if you can slide your whole hand over and then back to the reular position without problems, I have big hands so I generally just stretch my pinky to the orange fret then back to the blue when done. And often times it depends on the song, if theres gonna be a lot of orange fret keys you are better off to slide your whole hand over rather than stretching your pinky out every time.

1. Is the whammy bar on the Les Paul somewhat different in obtaining star power? I seem to have problems extracting it. Seems it comes out when I barely touch the whammy bar. This wasn't the case on my older GHII guitars. (Tried my roommates Les Paul, and his is the same way.)[/quote]I'm not sure what you mean, it's extracting extra star power without you using the whammy bar?
For me, it depends on the song. Sometimes I'll stretch my pinky over to the orange if it helps me more to keep other fingers where they are. Other songs, I'll shift my hand up so my index is on the red button. It's all just a matter of preference, you just need to try different things and see what works best for you.
That's what I'd use every time. Although, I think I may have slid my ring finger up for one or two songs in GHI&II, but that's very rare.
Sorry for all the questions, but I am a bit frustrated at how horrible I am on Hard mode. With the past two games, I coasted through Medium career and never played any higher. But I want to get better with this one.
Don't worry, it'll come to you in time. Even if it doesn't seem like you're getting better, you definitely are, no matter what.

[quote name='Callandor']There, GLOCK, one more to add to your tour group. :D

[/quote]

Thanks for signing up! We are up over 50 members and in the mid 30s in the rankings in just a few days! Lets see how many more CAGs we can get this week! The first page of the leaderboards is calling us!

I guess I'm going to take a second to vent here..... :bomb:

I just was trying to get my wife to play bass on co-op career and I came to the realization that we aren't getting out of the 1st tier anytime soon (if ever).... yeesh. That said, how the heck can't they have the option to do co-op career over XBL? If they can do head to head battles they have to be able to do co-op career. I just dont get it, WTF!?!?!?! Isn't rock band going to have 4 player co-op career or am I wrong?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK'] Isn't rock band going to have 4 player co-op career or am I wrong?[/quote]It's definitely not, unfortunately. It'll have online play, but only something similar to quickplay. I really can't see why they can't manage to have some kind of online career. The only reason I can think of is to make it a major selling point of GH4/RB2 next year.

Thanks for the above responses.

As for the whammy bar, in GHII, I would press the bar in about halfway and slide it up and down in that area to extract power.

On this guitar, it seems the blue extraction only shows up when I barely push the whammy bar in. My halfway point no longer shows the blue extraction, nor does going closer to touching the whammy bar to the guitar. It's a bit frustrating.

And I did check the whammy calibration, and that all checked out. Again, I did this with two of the guitars; I was just wondering if anyone else noticed a slight change in where they used to extract and where they extract now.

Maybe I just need a song with a really long whammy bar opportunity to get a good perspective.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks for signing up! We are up over 50 members and in the mid 30s in the rankings in just a few days! Lets see how many more CAGs we can get this week! The first page of the leaderboards is calling us!

I guess I'm going to take a second to vent here..... :bomb:

I just was trying to get my wife to play bass on co-op career and I came to the realization that we aren't getting out of the 1st tier anytime soon (if ever).... yeesh. That said, how the heck can't they have the option to do co-op career over XBL? If they can do head to head battles they have to be able to do co-op career. I just dont get it, WTF!?!?!?! Isn't rock band going to have 4 player co-op career or am I wrong?[/quote]
I joined the tour...but how to I link my GHIII web account with my XBOX Live gamertag?

EDIT: NVM found it.

I don't think it's the guitar that has the problem extracting star power. I'm using the Xplorer, and it's not really working as easily for me on III as it was in II, I've gotten to the point where I don't really do it that much anymore because the gain is so little.

bread's done
Back