Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

[quote name='Pookymeister']You must have gotten lucky - ive tried calling and still havent gotten an email response.[/quote]I have a feeling they have a pretty small operation on the front-end. I called at 1:15 (they open at 10PST), got someone on two or three rings.

I tried calling and I got a voice mail telling me that no one is there.
They should be still open for phone calls.

I wanted to ask them if the pending charge they made to my card is temporary or are they charging early? Can anyone answer this?

[quote name='pikachu_pika']I tried calling and I got a voice mail telling me that no one is there.
They should be still open for phone calls.

I wanted to ask them if the pending charge they made to my card is temporary or are they charging early? Can anyone answer this?[/quote]Their customer service hours are 10am - 5pm PST. So they should have been open for a couple hours beyond when you called.

Looks like all is well, my order is sent to warehouse (besides my shipped coupon). If they can get it out on Monday, we might have a good chance of playing next weekend.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Didn't get an email about my issues, but my order is in the warehouse...woohooo![/quote] my order is in the warehouse as well cant wait to play holiday in cambodia

Its official - their support team(if you can call it a team) is moronic.
I sent this in reply to the email saying my credit card info was wrong.

"Please contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX so i may give you up
> to date credit card info.
> I left a message at the number listed in this email,
> but havent heard back. thanks!

And this is the response. (no shit sherlock)

Hello,

Thank you for shopping at the Official RedOctane® Store.

It appears that the authorization attempt on your credit card has failed. Please make sure there are no security holds placed by your bank on this particular credit card. If there are no holds placed on your card, please contact us via email to confirm your billing information. If you wish to speak with a RedOctane® Customer Support Representative, please call 408-481-9500.

You know this is the thing I don't get theres a whole bunch of retailers that already have it yet it still hasn't shipped out yet to people who have pre-ordered.

Also theres a ton of people who already have the actual game already (Just go look on youtube)

Is it really that surprising that outlets that are placing orders for thousands of units are getting a little more attention from red octane than some one buying one GH3 bundle and that isn't even paying the freight for it?

Awesome. Thanks to whoever noticed the items were now in the warehouse! I just checked my order out and everything is in the warehouse too! Can't wait! One week...ish!

i dont know if any one has seen or mentioned, but, the order page for this used to say something like "[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica]Availability: [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Pre-Order: [/FONT][/FONT]This item will ship it when it becomes available"

now says "[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica]Availability: [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Pre-Order: This item will ship October 28, 2007"[/FONT][/FONT]

HEY! how bout that, i got a live person.
Left a message earlier , didnt hear back but called once again and got someone.
Once i got someone it was painless, but damn that was a bitch.

[quote name='orntar']i dont know if any one has seen or mentioned, but, the order page for this used to say something like "[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica]Availability: [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Pre-Order: [/FONT][/FONT]This item will ship it when it becomes available"

now says "[FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=arial, helvetica]Availability: [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Pre-Order: This item will ship October 28, 2007"[/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wow thanks I had not noticed that.

Ok weird now the page says

Availability: Pre-Order: This item will ship October 28, 2007
You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Earlier it diddn't say the Whole "you May order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives" hmmm.

right, i just hope its not indicative of the actual shipping date.

if its not here by actual release, i will go get it at cc to get the guitar stand, and sell my redoctane one once i get it.

From anyone who ordered the bundles for GHII from RO, does it come in the standard game + guitar packaging, with the other stuff packaged separately? Just curious if I could buy it elsewhere and return my RedOctane order with that receipt should they fuck it up and not ship until streetdate.

That said, it'll be pretty sad if it was sent to warehouse on Friday and takes a week to ship from that point.

[quote name='botticus']From anyone who ordered the bundles for GHII from RO, does it come in the standard game + guitar packaging, with the other stuff packaged separately? Just curious if I could buy it elsewhere and return my RedOctane order with that receipt should they fuck it up and not ship until streetdate.

That said, it'll be pretty sad if it was sent to warehouse on Friday and takes a week to ship from that point.[/quote]Technically, I don't know this for sure, but there's really no chance that RO will create a preorder package for the bundled accessories only. It's 99.99% likely that RO will ship out a retail box for GHIII and then throw all the bundled accessories in another package and mail them all wrapped up together. So, in short, yes, you should definitely be able to buy a retail package and return your RO preorder as that retail package.

There were many warnings about the debacle that we went through with the pre-order from Red Octane for Guitar Hero 2 on the 360, so I'm not sure why everyone is surprised to see that they may not have the game on the street date.

As for last time: it all came in a big brown box with the standard retail package (game + guitar) and the accessories together. So yes, you could return the one they send you.

[quote name='MC Hampster']There were many warnings about the debacle that we went through with the pre-order from Red Octane for Guitar Hero 2 on the 360, so I'm not sure why everyone is surprised to see that they may not have the game on the street date.

As for last time: it all came in a big brown box with the standard retail package (game + guitar) and the accessories together. So yes, you could return the one they send you.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine ordered from RO and received it on launch day.

[quote name='MC Hampster']
As for last time: it all came in a big brown box with the standard retail package (game + guitar) and the accessories together. So yes, you could return the one they send you.[/quote]Excellent. I guess I'll be hanging onto my Best Buy preorder until I see if RO can get this to me by Saturday. Taking my Wii to a party, was hoping GH would make it in time.

[quote name='JoMasta']A friend of mine ordered from RO and received it on launch day.[/quote]

Same here, even with worries of shipping issues.

[quote name='botticus']Excellent. I guess I'll be hanging onto my Best Buy preorder until I see if RO can get this to me by Saturday. Taking my Wii to a party, was hoping GH would make it in time.[/quote]

Oh, yea - almost forgot i had this preordered at BB.

I find it highly dubious that CAGs - of all people - wouldn't have a backlog of games to keep them busy if they happened to get this a few days after launch.

Patience, people!

[quote name='Strell']I find it highly dubious that CAGs - of all people - wouldn't have a backlog of games to keep them busy if they happened to get this a few days after launch.

Patience, people![/quote]
DAMMIT! 200 GAMES THAT I HAVENT STARTED IS NOT THAT BAD!! I NEED MOAR!!!!

I'm sure I'm adding nothing here...but I just want to say that I told you so. I told you guys at the beginning of the thread that ordering from RO is a clusterfuck. I'm sorry to see that it appears they're going to fuck this launch up as much as they did GHII 360.

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm sure I'm adding nothing here...but I just want to say that I told you so. I told you guys at the beginning of the thread that ordering from RO is a clusterfuck. I'm sorry to see that it appears they're going to fuck this launch up as much as they did GHII 360.[/quote]

I had NO issues with the first launch. If anything, this time its going much smoother.

Such as, last time, when it said "shipped" it actually already has. Wharehouse is just a place holder.

[quote name='bobthecat23']has anyones order actualy shipped?[/quote]Nothing yet. Apparently their warehouse is very, very slow.

[quote name='screwkick']Sears, Target, and K-Mart seem to have the game only already on the store shelf. Good luck to all.[/quote]

Checked two Sears, and Targets in the area on suburban Boston and nothing. Clerks said not till Sunday.

I ordered from RO and it still shows in warehouse but the shipping part shows shipped???? lol. On a side note my friend that ordered online from best buy just got the game in today but got the game only no guitar. Wii version by the way for both of us. I think i can wait for the bundle, I would be really pissed if I ordered the bundle and didn't get the guitar like he did.

[quote name='mykee98']I ordered from RO and it still shows in warehouse but the shipping part shows shipped???? lol. On a side note my friend that ordered online from best buy just got the game in today but got the game only no guitar. Wii version by the way for both of us. I think i can wait for the bundle, I would be really pissed if I ordered the bundle and didn't get the guitar like he did.[/quote]There is no game-only Wii version, so that's rather... interesting.

[quote name='Brymo']There could be no Wii only game.... yet.

Also, my pending charge is now gone... again.[/QUOTE]

Where do you even see the pending charge?

[quote name='dopehat']Where do you even see the pending charge?[/quote]

It shows up on my online banking site.

It doesnt show the name or the hold, but it shows the amount being pending. The same amount for my order.

[quote name='Brymo']It shows up on my online banking site.

It doesnt show the name or the hold, but it shows the amount being pending. The same amount for my order.[/QUOTE]

Ahh cool thanks

Maybe its your credit card? have you tried a different one?

[quote name='botticus']There is no game-only Wii version, so that's rather... interesting.[/quote]

This actually got confirmed to me today, my friend did just get the game no guitar. His wife is calling best buy today to find out whats up.

got an email from redoctane...

Dear Customer,

We are looking to ensure that customers will receieve their orders as close as
possible to the item's 10/28 release. You will receive a notification email
when your order is shipped containing its tracking information and expected
delivery date.

[quote name='orntar']got an email from redoctane...

Dear Customer,

We are looking to ensure that customers will receieve their orders as close as
possible to the item's 10/28 release. You will receive a notification email
when your order is shipped containing its tracking information and expected
delivery date.[/quote]If they're shipping UPS ground, the latest they can get it out to have it delivered on Saturday (10/27) is tomorrow.

[quote name='botticus']If they're shipping UPS ground, the latest they can get it out to have it delivered on Saturday (10/27) is tomorrow.[/quote]
That assumes they won't let things go to monday, equally likely in my opinion.

[quote name='jlseal']That assumes they won't let things go to monday, equally likely in my opinion.[/quote]Certainly, just making sure everyone knows if they don't ship by tomorrow, they won't have it till at least Monday.

UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays unless you get special shipping.

Chances are we'll all get it Monday, which is fine by me.

i don't know about you, but ups ground never takes 2 days unless your right next to the shipping facility and i don't think they ship on saturdays unless they pay extra. so... i'd say that the majority of us aren't getting it until next week some time. Does anyone know where they ship from?

edit: for anyone that was wondering, i looked at their site and they are located in California. So, i'd assume that is where they ship from.

I'd be shocked, honestly, if these ship any time before Monday.

I'm expecting mine next Friday, give or take 1 day.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']i don't know about you, but ups ground never takes 2 days unless your right next to the shipping facility and i don't think they ship on saturdays unless they pay extra. so... i'd say that the majority of us aren't getting it until next week some time. Does anyone know where they ship from?

edit: for anyone that was wondering, i looked at their site and they are located in California. So, i'd assume that is where they ship from.[/quote]UPS Ground actually goes overnight from Amazon, but that's only across two states.

But I forgot they don't ship on Saturdays, so you're right.

bread's done
Back