Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

I ordered mine on 9/1 (the wii bundle) and it shipped today, expected to arrive on the 31st. Its funny though, right now its in NJ and i live in NY so what could possibly take so long?

[quote name='Rocko']Could the strange shipping pattern have to do with what system you bought the bundle for?

:whistle2:k[/quote]
i hope so, because mine has not changed status either

edit: 360, btw

Welp, looks like KhaosX ordered the Wii bundle, and a poster a few posts back mentioned the 360, so it must not have to do with the console.

Maybe they're doing it by Elite or regular bundles (Elite here)?

Or, most likely, they're doing it at complete random and I just happen to be unlucky.

Edit: Damn, I fail at spelling.

Looks like they're shipping from all over the place. Mine is from CO to MN. Exp date on the 29th. FYI, if you don't plan on being home all day, leave a note with your signature to leave the package (if you feel safe about it). Otherwise UPS won't leave it there. I've been screwed many-a-time with that. Mainly on my reparied 360. I had to sign for the empty box. WTF?

[quote name='Rocko']Welp, looks like KhaosX ordered the Wii bundle, and a pooster a few posts back mentioned the 360, so it most not have to do with the console.

Maybe they're donig it by Elite or regular bundles (Elite here)?

Or, most likely, they're doing it at complete random and I just happen to be unlucky.[/quote]This is likely the correct answer. Ohio here, and zilch. But if everyone is just getting confirmations now, it may just be procedural, and we'll get confirmations later on today. Or not.

Nothing for me yet as well.

I am in Washington, and ordered the 360 elite bundle on 8/31.

I am very happy it started to ship for some, but mad that I order before most that have shipped now, which should not be the way they do it.

[quote name='LuisRM']Looks like they're shipping from all over the place. Mine is from CO to MN. Exp date on the 29th. FYI, if you don't plan on being home all day, leave a note with your signature to leave the package (if you feel safe about it). Otherwise UPS won't leave it there. I've been screwed many-a-time with that. Mainly on my reparied 360. I had to sign for the empty box. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Weird UPS always leaves shit here except they always put it in the bushes and leave a note on the door. Oh and No E-mail yet but then again I ordered for PS2

[quote name='dopehat']Weird UPS always leaves shit here except they always put it in the bushes and leave a note on the door. Oh and No E-mail yet but then again I ordered for PS2[/quote]

Same for me except for the note. Usually they won't even wait at the door, they'll leave the package behind the pillar in front of my door and they're already back in the van by the time I get to the door.

My UPS guy leaves it at the door also, but thats only because he knows me in general and he's delivered alot of packages to me knowing i wont be there.

I bought the non elite wii bundle if it matters. After checking my tracking again, it was actually shipped yesterday on the 24th, but i got the email today a few hours ago. It came from CO and went to NJ in a matter of 12 hours. I guess if im lucky i might get it Monday.

Man, you guys have good UPS drivers. Mine must be a total rule follower. And trying to call and reschedule a delivery is a total pain.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm in Florida, no shipping email, one of the first to order. This bothers me. I don't mind not getting it on street date, but I do mind hearing people who ordered an item more than a full month after me getting theirs shipped out before me.[/quote]

I am also in Florida. I ordered the PS3 elite bundle on 8/31. Nothing here. But someone from Florida had theirs shipped. Weird stuff.

Couldn't all this be avoided if they shipped everything out on Monday? It would have been nice to have it early. Now we must wait after the release date.

My PS3 Elite still hasn't shipped. Illinois. Beginning to get pissed off....

*Looks at Ratchet & Clank*

Oh well, not as if I'm without good gaming today.

[quote name='KhaosX']My UPS guy leaves it at the door also, but thats only because he knows me in general and he's delivered alot of packages to me knowing i wont be there.

I bought the non elite wii bundle if it matters. After checking my tracking again, it was actually shipped yesterday on the 24th, but i got the email today a few hours ago. It came from CO and went to NJ in a matter of 12 hours. I guess if im lucky i might get it Monday.[/quote]

Take another look at the NJ part. I think it will probably say "In transit to" not "Arrived at" or something like that.

[quote name='Rocko']Welp, looks like KhaosX ordered the Wii bundle, and a poster a few posts back mentioned the 360, so it must not have to do with the console.

Maybe they're doing it by Elite or regular bundles (Elite here)?

Or, most likely, they're doing it at complete random and I just happen to be unlucky.

Edit: Damn, I fail at spelling.[/quote]

Mine was the regular Wii bundle.

Ordered 10/14.
Shipped from Commerce, CA - so estimated delivery to here in Escondido, CA is Monday.

I ordered 8/31 and got the confirmation today. It said it shipped yesterday, and it's in NJ... from CO. Says it'll be here on Wednesday 10/31, which I hope is wrong, as I'm only in MA.

Also it's a 9LB package, lole.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I ordered 8/31 and got the confirmation today. It said it shipped yesterday, and it's in NJ... from CO. Says it'll be here on Wednesday 10/31, which I hope is wrong, as I'm only in MA.

Also it's a 9LB package, lole.[/QUOTE]

That is only 3 hours away from me, i am hoping i get it by tuesday.

My 360 version has shipped. I ordered mine like this weekend. :)

Just like everybody else, it's expected 10/31. I hope it's wrong. I live in Maryland, and NJ ain't too far. I'm hoping for some weekend shredding, but we'll see I guess.

The problem here is that UPS is usually very good at forecasting their delivery date.... wish they would deliver sooner :roll:

10/31 here as well...

The problem for us east coasters is that if you look closely, it's IN TRANSIT TO Secaucus, NJ. It's not currently AT Secaucus, NJ.

Receipt Date: 10/6/2007

Tracking info:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 10/29/2007.

Tracking Number:
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 10/29/2007
Shipped To: TACOMA, WA, US
Shipped/Billed On: 10/24/2007
Service: GROUND
Weight: 7.30 Lbs

REDMOND,
WA, US 10/25/2007 3:49 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
COMMERCE CITY,
CO, US 10/25/2007 4:48 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/25/2007 12:47 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 10/24/2007 6:39 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Nice. It should take 2 days for them to get here (depending on the stops..) so Monday is about right (if they dont deliver on Sunday)

I'm another Orlando, FL, CAG. Mine shipped, and I ordered late last week. Scheduled for delivery on the 30th, and currently listed as going to Jacksonville...which I find odd, because there's a big UPS facility much, much closer in Altamonte Springs.

Maybe they're doing that stupid UPS-->USPS partnership thing? Though, when I've dealt with that before, it does go to the UPS facility in Altamonte, back up to the USPS facility in Jax, then back down again, wasting a day or two in transit.

It's just as well that it won't arrive til next week. My weekend's occupied with schoolwork: got a game due Monday, and Saturday is eaten up by a somewhat mandatory industry-networking costume party, along with time needed to finish up my TF2 Pyro costume.

Crap, mine's STILL in the warehouse (and no email). I leave town on the 3rd so it better arrive before that, at the very least!

PS2 bundle with guitar, btw, shipping to TX.

Another Orlando CAG here. . .mine's also scheduled for delivery on the 30th and currently on it's way to Jacksonville. I agree. . .the Alt Springs sorting center seems like a more logical choice. . .I hope it's not the USPS partnership thing. That takes forever.

[quote name='redoctane.com'] [FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT][/quote]
so that was all a filthy lie, huh?

well, i'll think twice before ordering direct from them again.

Put in an email to them, will likely make a call this afternoon, see if they can either tell me if my order has shipped, or why it hasn't yet since I ordered two months ago.

ordered on 9/1
shipped 10/25
delivery date 10/31
Live in CT

kinda blows for me as I actually have a totally free day on monday which hasn't happened in like a year. Might pick one up in store and swap-return it with this one when it comes in.

any suggestions on a store to grab this at? I wonder if I will have to have pre-ordered to get one in store.

sunday is the wierdest release date. I wonder when they will actually have them in the stores.

anyone know if the game that ships in this bundle is sealed and such. I'm thinking of picking up a game only copy and then doing a swap-return with the game in the kit.....thanks in advance for the help

[quote name='botticus']Put in an email to them, will likely make a call this afternoon, see if they can either tell me if my order has shipped, or why it hasn't yet since I ordered two months ago.[/quote]

Let me know what their reply is, as I ordered the first day this was posted (same as you, I believe, 8/31) and mine is still not shipped either.

[quote name='uconnrh11']anyone know if the game that ships in this bundle is sealed and such. I'm thinking of picking up a game only copy and then doing a swap-return with the game in the kit.....thanks in advance for the help[/quote]

They did for Guitar Hero II, I would imagine its the same way for III.

[quote name='Rocko']Let me know what their reply is, as I ordered the first day this was posted (same as you, I believe, 8/31) and mine is still not shipped either.[/quote]
ditto

I ordered the PS3 version and nothing.

There was an auth for my card early this week, but that is now gone. I just sent them an email. Hopefully they will reply back today. Thinking of cancelling and just picking it up on Sunday.

"Be one of the first to play Guitar Hero 3!" - More like be one of the last! Probably the last time I will deal with them.

[quote name='Se7en69']I ordered the PS3 version and nothing.

There was an auth for my card early this week, but that is now gone. I just sent them an email. Hopefully they will reply back today. Thinking of cancelling and just picking it up on Sunday.

"Be one of the first to play Guitar Hero 3!" - More like be one of the last! Probably the last time I will deal with them.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i ordered mine the first day and have nothing to show for it either. i, normally, can't stand when people are complaining about buying online and getting it a couple days late. But, come on, this is coming straight from the source and the only reason i can see them delaying our orders is so they can get a couple pennies of interest from our money before they ship. It's pretty ridiculous that they couldn't have shipped them the day after they shipped every other one. What were they doing in the wherehouse? Also, it's irritating that people who ordered at a later time are getting theirs first.

btw, i ordered the 360 version

[quote name='devildog820']Mine still says "Billing Information Received"

lame[/quote]

Yeah but remember...you will "be one of the first to get Guitar Hero 3!"

lol

yeah right.

What a joke. They may make a great game, but man...I'm NEVER going to order anything from their site again...horrible.

No shipping confirmation today either. I shot them an email to find out what's up. No rush for me really, I got stuff to play with plus I got in on all of the extras online and paid less than I would have paid in the store so its all good.

bread's done
Back