Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

Got an email today as well saying my order will ship "soon". I sent another one asking why mine shipped after people who ordered like two weeks ago.

It better fucking ship on Monday.

WebCam_20071028_1517.jpg

I gotta admit though, I like the Kramer more simply because the select button is awhole lot more handy when it's that close for battle mode.

[quote name='bardockkun']
WebCam_20071028_1517.jpg

I gotta admit though, I like the Kramer more simply because the select button is awhole lot more handy when it's that close for battle mode.[/quote]

that does look pretty nice. im leaning toward the korn one myself, although it is not as colorful as that.

Sweet! My bundle is IN TRANSIT to Ames as of 10 minutes ago! So it should be here in the next 30 or so. I wonder if that means it'll be delivered early morning... oh that'd be sweet if it came before I had to go to class at 10!

online_package_tracking.png

[quote name='jlseal']yeah, of the ones listed on Best Buy's site, that SP one looks the best. Still not sure if its worth $15 though.[/quote]
In all logical-CAG sense, no, it isn't. As a pure GH and Smashing Pumpkins fanboy for me, yeah, it was totally worth it...

[quote name='iowaholdem']Sweet! My bundle is IN TRANSIT to Ames as of 10 minutes ago! So it should be here in the next 30 or so. I wonder if that means it'll be delivered early morning... oh that'd be sweet if it came before I had to go to class at 10!
[/quote]

In TRANSHIT from where though? ;)

[quote name='Pookymeister']In TRANSHIT from where though? ;)[/quote]Des Moines. Which is only about 30 miles away. It still says "in transit to ames" though, so I assume it's here just not checked in yet. There's no way that drive takes 2 hours!

Upddate on my missing faceplate. Emailed them on Saturday...I now have an order for a free faceplate. Should be arriving sometime this week.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Des Moines. Which is only about 30 miles away. It still says "in transit to ames" though, so I assume it's here just not checked in yet. There's no way that drive takes 2 hours![/QUOTE]

I live in Ames too, so I've got a little experience on this. 80% chance you'll get it today, but it doesn't mean you'll get it this morning. I've had things be "in transit" in the early hours of the morning, and be on the truck all day, only to be delivered after 5 PM even.

Mine's sitting in Toledo, OH. There's no reason it couldn't have been here today, but it hasn't moved since Saturday. Stupid UPS

[quote name='jlseal']Mine's sitting in Toledo, OH. There's no reason it couldn't have been here today, but it hasn't moved since Saturday. Stupid UPS[/QUOTE]

SAME HERE!~

Mine has been sitting about 30 min to 1 hour away from my house since Saturday at 11 am. There's no reason that it couldn't or shouldn't have been delivered today.

The only thing I can figure is that they're holding it because the "scheduled delivery date" is 10/30, so they're not worried about getting it early. According to them, it will still be on time if it's delivered tomorrow. :mad:

anybody seen anything about buying the guitars separately? I haven't seen them advertised by themselves let alone any deals on them.

[quote name='bardockkun']I gotta admit though, I like the Kramer more simply because the select button is awhole lot more handy when it's that close for battle mode.[/QUOTE]

Duuuuuuude, that select button on the Kramer is like sex, but better.

[quote name='luffy_kun']anybody seen anything about buying the guitars separately? I haven't seen them advertised by themselves let alone any deals on them.[/quote]Nope, no guitar only packages for awhile. But you can't really blame them, can you? The guitar production is obviously their limiting agent, they can only sell as many bundles as they can make guitars. So until sales of the bundles taper off, we won't be seeing separate guitars and game only packages.

[quote name='luffy_kun']anybody seen anything about buying the guitars separately? I haven't seen them advertised by themselves let alone any deals on them.[/QUOTE]

Unlike the earlier versions I haven't even seen a bundle with two guitars, let alone a stand-alone guitar. Just the game + 1 guitar. I would have ordered 2 wireless guitars if they offered it.

My Wii Bundle is out for delivery. Does Best Buy carry the face plates for the Wii or just the 360/PS3 version?

[quote name='red flare graf']If UPS doesn't get here before I go to work at 2, I'm gonna be pissed.[/quote]

Yeah, I have class at 1pm, but usually they deliver my stuff around 11. I will be so mad if there is the little UPS slip on my door that says I can't go pick it up tonight.

And yet, mine still says "Billing Information Received" on the UPS site. Which means it's still at Red Octane's warehouse.

morons

Well, mine is finally on the way to it's last stop before it gets delivered. Still annoyed that it should have been out for delivery today.

xxx, US 10/29/2007 2:10 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO

xxx, US 10/29/2007 2:09 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

xxx, US 10/27/2007 11:05 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

My Stuff got here around 10:30. Man Red Octane is great! I can't thank them enough they have been extremely helpful with their e-mails. And I even ordered a week before the game came out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Upddate on my missing faceplate. Emailed them on Saturday...I now have an order for a free faceplate. Should be arriving sometime this week.[/QUOTE]

I got my elite bundle today as well, but like you, no faceplate. I submitted a ticket and hopefully will get service like you did. From many of the posts on this board, I'm not hopeful.

[quote name='devildog820']You all suck. Apparently RO hates Central Florida people like me and Rocko...[/quote]They just hate people who ordered a long time ago. They're screening my calls to customer support today, it seems.

[quote name='jazzchamp']I got my elite bundle today as well, but like you, no faceplate. I submitted a ticket and hopefully will get service like you did. From many of the posts on this board, I'm not hopeful.[/QUOTE]
same here, no faceplate.

oh, it also says "backordered" on my receipt, even though it clearly shows shipped on the red octane order status page. retards.

I know this is the RedOctane thread, but just wanted to let you all know that my Family Video GH3 preorder arrived today packed well and just one day after release. This was with their 99 cent shipping. So I am impressed by FV and wouldnt order from RO after reading this thread.

tested out the game at BB today, looks pretty sweet. The demo for Rock Band was right next to it, and have to say I wasn't too impressed with the drums.

I got my Wii bundle today at 11:01 am! Sweet. I've shredded a few songs - but man I suck :) I lost my first online battle, boo. I'm working up my PrizeRebel points right now to buy another Wii bundle from Amazon.com to nab the guitar and sell the game since I need a second guitar and sure don't have money for it! Now dammit, those points need to start crediting, I just did a 10 point CC offer and nothing yet. Boo. I'm like 20 points away at the most.

[quote name='addicted2games']I know this is the RedOctane thread, but just wanted to let you all know that my Family Video GH3 preorder arrived today packed well and just one day after release. This was with their 99 cent shipping. So I am impressed by FV and wouldnt order from RO after reading this thread.[/quote]FV is pretty hit or miss, and I guess they worked well in this case. Not so well when I ordered Persona 3. Just figures that I skipped on them as a result, and walked into this. :lol:

They've not answered their phone over the course of 5 hours. That's amazing.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I got my Wii bundle today at 11:01 am! Sweet. I've shredded a few songs - but man I suck :) I lost my first online battle, boo. I'm working up my PrizeRebel points right now to buy another Wii bundle from Amazon.com to nab the guitar and sell the game since I need a second guitar and sure don't have money for it! Now dammit, those points need to start crediting, I just did a 10 point CC offer and nothing yet. Boo. I'm like 20 points away at the most.[/quote]

How is the Wiitar Hero graphics? I heard lots of bad things about it and I'm kinda worried...I'm not usually a graphics whore, but when games look like PS1 games, I get a little bit anxious..

Got mine today and the red button didn't work. The green and orange were spotty at best. Ugh. I unhooked and rehooked it twice and it's working now. I hope it was because it was sitting outside in the cold for 5 hours. I'm tentatively cautious though. Oh, and backordered faceplate.

On a side note, I do feel for everyone who didn't get it from RO yet. You all paid for delivery TODAY!

[quote name='devildog820']You all suck. Apparently RO hates Central Florida people like me and Rocko...[/quote]

I'm among you in the RO hated. According to their website though, it says it should get here tomorrow, I just hope I'm here for it. It's too bad I didn't just pick it up at Best Buy last night like all my friends did, but I think all the free stuff will be worth it in the long run... as long as it all arrives.

got my order today. the strap and gig bag are pretty sweet.

love the game so far, morello rules.

i'll be taking the day off of work tomorrow to play!

Mine came this evening at the exact time we were putting the baby to bed, so it was prefect timing, really. The gig bag is definitely worth waiting an extra day or two.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'm among you in the RO hated. According to their website though, it says it should get here tomorrow[/quote]

Apparantly you're not. Mine hasn't shipped. :roll:

Rocko, have hope. Mine updated tonight (finally). It's originating in Jacksonville, so I get it tomorrow. If O-Town is in fact Orlando, you should be getting yours soon enough.

bread's done
Back