Guitar Hero III @ RedOctane Free Shipping and Extras X360, Wii, PS3, & PS2

coldlight

CAGiversary!
RedOctane's store has Guitar Hero 3 pre-order bundles up with free shipping:

http://redoctane.com/gh3.html
[quote name='RedOctane.com'][FONT=arial, helvetica]*Pre-Order Terms and Conditions
We will ship out your order as early as possible so you will be one of the first to receive this product. Your credit card will be authorized. However we will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped...
[/FONT] [/quote]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hold the presses - code: Vgmusic = 10% off[/quote]
vgmusic code DEAD

:360: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:360: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Elite Bundle $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:wii: Extreme Bundle - 89.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Elite Bundle $109.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps3: Extreme Bundle - $99.99 +Tax(if applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme Bundle - $89.99 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

:ps2: Extreme 2P Bundle- $149.98 +Tax(If Applicable) w/Free Shipping

The regular priced bundle labeled 'extreme' includes the following free bonuses:

Custom 2" Guitar Strap
Dual Gig Bag
Key Ring

For an extra 10$ you can get the 'elite' bundles which includes the above items as well as:

Guitar Hero T-Shirt
Guitar Faceplate

I pre-ordered Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 from them, and even though the free shipping is ground, they shipped it early so it arrived on the street date.

Hope this helps someone, the freebies are pretty decent.

**I did a search for this on deals forum and couldn't find it posted, if it has please lock this post.

(LinkinPrime Edit: Added direct links to all versions)

[quote name='devildog820']Rocko, have hope. Mine updated tonight (finally). It's originating in Jacksonville, so I get it tomorrow. If O-Town is in fact Orlando, you should be getting yours soon enough.[/quote]
Someone obviously doesn't watch enough Nickolodean in the early to mid 90's to get that reference...

Hmm...my package says it's expected to arrive on the 31st, but...

PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US 10/29/2007 11:49 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
10/29/2007 11:25 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/29/2007 10:58 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

I live in Philly too...does this mean I could get it a day early? I don't think I should hold my breath, but it's fun to dream...

[quote name='DarkEclipse234']Hmm...my package says it's expected to arrive on the 31st, but...

PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US 10/29/2007 11:49 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
10/29/2007 11:25 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
10/29/2007 10:58 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

I live in Philly too...does this mean I could get it a day early? I don't think I should hold my breath, but it's fun to dream...[/QUOTE]

Where was it coming from that it got to Philly in 24 minutes? :p

I'm in the Philly area as well, hope we both get it tomorrow!

anybody know if I order now if I would still get the free pre-order items, the gig bag, the strap, and the keychain? I doubt it, but worth it to ask you all.

[quote name='Jonathan360']anybody know if I order now if I would still get the free pre-order items, the gig bag, the strap, and the keychain? I doubt it, but worth it to ask you all.[/quote]

The items are still listed with all the GH:III bundles, so I believe they are still included with the purchase from Red Octane online.

[quote name='worshipsf']Where was it coming from that it got to Philly in 24 minutes? :p

I'm in the Philly area as well, hope we both get it tomorrow![/quote]
Came from SECAUCUS, NJ. Apparently now my order is "out for delivery." Online tracking is a double edged sword...

Shocker, my order shipped. At 10:30 last night, two days after they told me the manifest was printed and it should be going out the door. Scheduled for Friday delivery. Someone over there will be chewed out, if they decide to answer their phone.

[quote name='bardockkun']Someone obviously doesn't watch enough Nickolodean in the early to mid 90's to get that reference...[/quote]

That's true, Rocko always got dumped on. I did watch the show!

I'm in MA. Mine was scheduled for tomorrow, but the tracking says it's out for delivery today, so hopefully there'll be a surprise when I get home.

Wow after all your guys complaining i figured it would be weeks before i would get my game, on account of ground shipping and the shipping problems. This didnt really bother me since my 360 is broken. but i got my shipping email yesterday, and i just checked its status and its out for delivery right now. i guess living in california has its advantages.

Got my Wii bundle yesterday afternoon. Tacoma, WA.
The build quality of the guitar is very nice - I was skeptical about shoving the Wii-mote inside the thing but it fits perfectly: snug but not too snug, so you're neither scratching it sliding it in and out of the guitar nor scratching it because it's bouncing around while you're rocking out. The gig bag is made of the cheapest nylon known to man, but it's better than no case at all. The graphics are pretty much PS2 quality, but...it's so freakin' fun that I don't notice. Great game.

I got my order from RO yesterday at about 10:30 AM. I'm very happy with the freebies - the gig bag is cool, and I like the wider strap (its a little more comfortable and looks cooler than the straight black).

Sorry to hear you guys are having such issues.

[quote name='devildog820']That's true, Rocko always got dumped on. I did watch the show![/quote]
Constantly overshadowed by Ren & Stimpy and to a lesser extent, Rugrats. Blasphamy I say!

[quote name='devildog820']Rocko, have hope. Mine updated tonight (finally). It's originating in Jacksonville, so I get it tomorrow. If O-Town is in fact Orlando, you should be getting yours soon enough.[/quote]

Nice. I got an email today, coming from Commerce City in transit to Jacksonville. However, this fellow is correct...

[quote name='bardockkun']Someone obviously doesn't watch enough Nickolodean in the early to mid 90's to get that reference...[/quote]

O-Town is where Rocko lives. I'm in Southwest Florida, between Sarasota and Naples, on the coast.

Bah:

"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE"

Guess I'll be making a trip to UPS tonight.

i got mine today (a day earlier than UPS said) . I wrote an email to support saying I didn't get a faceplate, then realized i didn't buy the bundle it came with - whoops. I did ask them if it was possible to get a better deal on the dual gig bag since i need another for my 2 PS2 guitars.

[quote name='Rocko']Nice. I got an email today, coming from Commerce City in transit to Jacksonville. However, this fellow is correct...

O-Town is where Rocko lives. I'm in Southwest Florida, between Sarasota and Naples, on the coast.[/quote]

Fine, but I still watched the show...just not enough of it. :)

I ordered the Elite 360 bundle and my extra faceplate is backordered too.

Mine arrived yesterday and I haven't noticed any major problems. The buttons worked fine and I'll have to play more to make sure.
The whammy bar calibration is kinda off and I'll have to review the manual on the right setup.

Saw the final credit charge appeared yesterday too.
At least 2 pending charges and a final charge appeared on my card....sheesh.

Overall, I was satisfied with this GHIII order. The GH2 order went more smoothly and I don't have any huge complaints....yet.

I received my PS2 bundle today. I thought the PS2 guitar had a removable faceplate. That was a major reason why I bought another guitar. That sucks.

Question for PS2 guitar owners, does your guitar sound like something is loose inside when you shake it?

Well i did get mine yesterday like it said. The gig bag is definetly worth the wait. I got the ps2 version and i must say... th graphics are pretty crappy, they were better on GH2 but oh well, the gameplay itself is awesome

package just arrived...

just noticed that my les paul faceplate is backordered

wtf.. does this only take double a? no slot for batterypack?

I got mine in a day early :D

Also my faceplate is backordered... shame. At least I got everything else it claimed to have.

BACK TO GH3 NOW *vanish*

[quote name='wtfbbq']Well my whammy bar is broken :( Time to find out about returning to RO[/quote]

Try rebooting the game and reconnecting the controller; my Wii guitar's whammy didn't work on my first try, but then I restarted and went to the options to calibrate the whammy. Try it before contacting RO

I got all you faceplate-less folks beat...

Went to pick up my 2 GH3 bundles at the UPS facility tonight (my bf ordered one for me and one for him) and... there was only 1 bundle in the box!!! ARGH! Seriously WTF RedOctane.

Got mine today and am suffering from the all too common fret button problems, really regretting ordering online, returns are going to be such a hassle and I'm already 3 days late to the party.

too bad my effing 360 is broken or i would play it got it today was suprised as to how heavy the guitar was the buttons to mee feel much farther appart

[quote name='worshipsf']Bah:

"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE"

Guess I'll be making a trip to UPS tonight.[/QUOTE]
Did the same thing. Already run through career mode on easy.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I received my PS2 bundle today. I thought the PS2 guitar had a removable faceplate. That was a major reason why I bought another guitar. That sucks.

Question for PS2 guitar owners, does your guitar sound like something is loose inside when you shake it?[/quote]
Nope, nothing with mine.

And goddammit still nothing from Red Octane over my 360 Elite Bundle...bunch of dildo's and jackoff's....

I had a negative experience with them back with Guitar Hero II--sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having.

Thank goodness for free copies this go around ;)

I got my Wii bundle in yesterday: upstate SC.

I purchased the lesser of the two bundles, but everything arrived intact and seems to be working properly.

I got mine on Monday and also didn't get a faceplate (backordered). Those with fret problems might want to try detaching and reattaching the the neck. Initially, I had a problem with the green fret but doing this solved it.

Wow, a company ships out a ton of product via UPS ground that seem to be arriving for most people within 3-4 days of launch...Yeah, what a bunch of assholes RO must be...I mean, couldn't they just have caused GH3 to spontaneously appear at people's front door?...This is cheapassgamer, not Igotit15secondsafterlaunchgamer...Free shipping (and no wasting gas going to the store to find its sold out), no sales tax, free trinkets/gig bag, and for those who could get it it, 10% off list price. Alot of folks must have pretty good lives to be whining so much about something so trivial....to get all those benefits for the mere trade off of having wait 3 whole days.

[quote name='K_G']Wow, a company ships out a ton of product via UPS ground that seem to be arriving for most people within 3-4 days of launch...Yeah, what a bunch of assholes RO must be...I mean, couldn't they just have caused GH3 to spontaneously appear at people's front door?...This is cheapassgamer, not Igotit15secondsafterlaunchgamer...Free shipping (and no wasting gas going to the store to find its sold out), no sales tax, free trinkets/gig bag, and for those who could get it it, 10% off list price. Alot of folks must have pretty good lives to be whining so much about something so trivial....to get all those benefits for the mere trade off of having wait 3 whole days.[/quote]Let me set you right, son. If RedOctane can't ship out every order they have on the same day, they should take a second to understand the dynamics of order processing, and initiate shipping for those who ordered first before those who ordered last. That is the issue at hand for me. That, and they shouldn't tell me my order is about to ship two days before it ships. I hope your RO stock is doing okay.

Oh, and they should also have an employee who sits next to the phone identified on their website as the customer service number so that it is answered at least once over a 6 hour period. If you're going to claim that deals are in place to excuse shitty service, then I suppose we'll take that to heart.

[quote name='minhaferzz']I got mine on Monday and also didn't get a faceplate (backordered). Those with fret problems might want to try detaching and reattaching the the neck. Initially, I had a problem with the green fret but doing this solved it.[/QUOTE]
second that one... i had a problem with my green fret too. It took two times of taking it apart (faceplate included) to get it fixed.

[quote name='K_G']Wow, a company ships out a ton of product via UPS ground that seem to be arriving for most people within 3-4 days of launch...Yeah, what a bunch of assholes RO must be...I mean, couldn't they just have caused GH3 to spontaneously appear at people's front door?...This is cheapassgamer, not Igotit15secondsafterlaunchgamer...Free shipping (and no wasting gas going to the store to find its sold out), no sales tax, free trinkets/gig bag, and for those who could get it it, 10% off list price. Alot of folks must have pretty good lives to be whining so much about something so trivial....to get all those benefits for the mere trade off of having wait 3 whole days.[/quote]

So... work for RedOctane do you?

Tell your boss that it's good business to get pre-orders to people within a few days of it's release. Not a week later. Getting a game that someone preordered 2 months in advance a week late it poor business.

Got my 360 elite bundle yesterday, faceplate is also backordered. Everything seems to work fine, though sometimes when I'm holding a long note it'll act like I took my fingers off the fret buttons. I'll have to try re-connecting it tonight.

[quote name='botticus']Let me set you right, son. If RedOctane can't ship out every order they have on the same day, they should take a second to understand the dynamics of order processing, and initiate shipping for those who ordered first before those who ordered last. That is the issue at hand for me.[/quote]

Thank you. This is my issue as well, and people seem to mistake it as bitching due to not receiving the game on release date.

bread's done
Back