Guitar Hero: Metallica in the works

If GH: Metallica sells like hotcakes, I'm sure a legal battle to get more money out of Activision....

with GH IV in the works already across all consoles... gesh...

soon we'll see, GH sells 1 billion and they'll release a crappy song just to boot... they're going to milk thing thing dry...

Sorta like the Sims... with 10+ exp packs...

fortunately sims and GH aren't my choice of games...

I love me some Guitar Hero. I actually prefer it to Rock Band. This is just bullshit. I will not buy this, nor will I even rent it. Metallica can suck its own cock and go to hell. They've been shit for years, and showed their true colors years ago. They don't deserve a single penny.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I love me some Guitar Hero. I actually prefer it to Rock Band. This is just bullshit. I will not buy this, nor will I even rent it. Metallica can suck its own cock and go to hell. They've been shit for years, and showed their true colors years ago. They don't deserve a single penny.[/QUOTE]

Grow up. They were dickish about suing napster users but they did have a point. In sense they were suing their fans, but most of these 'fans' started whining and complaining and calling them sell outs years earlier when they released a more mainstream Black alblum. Their last cd sucked but the rest are pretty damn good.

Ill buy this easily. Should be fun. Maybe while youre on your Metallica bashing rant you can head over to missionmetallica.com and preorder their new cd.;)

The question I have, aside from 'why?', is whether or not this will be GH3 based or GHWT based, considering that it's likely to come out AFTER World Tour.

Meaning.... just guitar, or the entire band?

This will sell a boatload better than Aerosmith.

I hope this doesn't preclude Metallica DLC from continuing to appear in Rock Band.

Guitar Hero: Metallica > God. I'm buying this the second it comes out. The only bad album Metallica has is St. Anger, so I'm looking forward to some awesome songs in this game. And since this won't come out till next year, and Metallica is releasing a new album this year, maybe we'll see some songs from the new album.

So you think St' Anger is bad, but you have the art from it as your avatar?

For me, Metallica peaked with Master of Puppets. Yeah, it's a common opinion. ;)

Hehe. I liked ...And Justice for All but shit certainly went downhill for me at the Black album. If I ever get around to liking music games (that aren't Samba de Amigo) I'd probably get this.

With this announcement, I'm wondering why they went with Aerosmith first. GH Metallica would be alright, but I'm picky about what songs of theirs I like. I'd rather see GH Pantera but that's not very realistic.

[quote name='mykevermin']This will sell a boatload better than Aerosmith.

I hope this doesn't preclude Metallica DLC from continuing to appear in Rock Band.[/quote]

There was suppossed to be a Metal DLC pack released in March that would have included Metallica - Fuel among another song from Sabbath and Maiden. There was a rumor that the pack wasn't released because Activision secured the rights to one of those bands. It appears Rock Band won't be seeing the new Metallica single, let alone a full album.

I liked GH & GHII, but I didn't really like GHIII. The note chart wasn't as fun and it was more of a gimmick with boss battles. If this were a Rock Band thing, I'd buy it on the release date. Metallica was one of the few bands I'd pay any instrument on Rock Band. I may buy this, but I'll probably buy it used so Activision doesn't see a dime from me.

I wonder if this is why that old rumor of ...And Justice for All coming out on Rock Band hasn't seen the light of day in quite awhile now.

[quote name='mykevermin']This will sell a boatload better than Aerosmith.

I hope this doesn't preclude Metallica DLC from continuing to appear in Rock Band.[/quote]
It better not, or Activision can go screw themselves.

[quote name='QiG']With this announcement, I'm wondering why they went with Aerosmith first. GH Metallica would be alright, but I'm picky about what songs of theirs I like. I'd rather see GH Pantera but that's not very realistic.[/quote]

GH Pantera would be awesome. I wish Rock band would put up some Pantera songs as DLC....

and I would get excited, but I know Acitivision will screw this up some how.

For some reason the article wouldn't load for me. Anyway, this will sell assloads of copies. I hope they are not new recordings of the songs, since Jame's voice is terrible now and the guys in the band can barely play their old songs. It would be cool to see the Diamond Head songs in the game. Probably won't happen but I would probably rent the game just to play those.

let me just say.... Hit the Lights... and Bow to Lepper Messiah!!!! long as those 2 songs make the cut... im all in!!!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']So you think St' Anger is bad, but you have the art from it as your avatar?

For me, Metallica peaked with Master of Puppets. Yeah, it's a common opinion. ;)[/quote]

MOP is easily the worst of the first four Metallica albums. CNN metal is not good.

[quote name='evanft']MOP is easily the worst of the first four Metallica albums. CNN metal is not good.[/QUOTE]

It's cool. Different strokes for different folks. :cool:

But at least you didn't tell me that their last 4 are better.

[quote name='evanft']MOP is easily the worst of the first four Metallica albums. CNN metal is not good.[/quote]

I dont see how you can say MOP was worse than AJFA, AJFA was a great album (with some VERY long songs) but MOP has the overall better tracklist with MOP, Sanitarium, Battery, Disposable Heroes, etc.

Id rate them

Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
Kill 'Em All
...AJFA

AJFA after Blackened, AJFA, One, and Frayed Ends of Sanity is not really all that amazing.

Told my GF, she's so fricken happy. She grew up with Metallica.

She likes all this metal and awesome rock music. And I listen to MGS sound tracks, podcasts and cold play. =/

stolen from another forum... not sure of the source but I think someone got it from a Game Informer magazine:[quote name='a SomethingAwful poster']

Here are the announced songs so far:

Alice In Chains - No Excuses
Bob Seger - Turn The Page
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
Mastodon - Blood And Thunder
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - Fuel
Metallica - Hit The Lights
Metallica - King Nothing
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - No Leaf Clover
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Metallica - Sad But True
Metallica - The Unforgiven
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
Samhain - Mother of Mercy
The Sword - Black River

Unannounced tracks by Foo Fighters, Slayer, and Queen will be included. [/quote]Alice In Chains "No Excuses"... damn I want that!!! It'll be sweet if they allow for some sort of exporting, like with AC/DC in Rock Band, but I'm not holding my breath. Disc-swapping is kinda becoming a GH trademark, and that's not a good thing.

[quote name='hhhdx4']"Queen will be included"

I can tell you right now its Stone Cold Crazy[/quote]

Damn, don't know why I didn't think of that when I read this earlier.

The info comes from a poster at ScoreHero who apparently got it view GI, so I'm gonna say its pretty reliable.

Samhain - Mother of Mercy

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Though Misfit's Last Caress would have made more sense, obviously. P'raps the "I raped your mother today" line was a bit much. But, hell, why not "Die, Die My Darling" or "Green Hell"?

Also, 'Whiskey in the Jar,' either the Thin Lizzy rendition, or Metallica's take on that version, pretty please.

Lastly, not enough pre-black album 'Tallica. Boo.

[quote name='mykevermin']Samhain - Mother of Mercy

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Though Misfit's Last Caress would have made more sense, obviously. P'raps the "I raped your mother today" line was a bit much. But, hell, why not "Die, Die My Darling" or "Green Hell"?

Also, 'Whiskey in the Jar,' either the Thin Lizzy rendition, or Metallica's take on that version, pretty please.

Lastly, not enough pre-black album 'Tallica. Boo.[/quote]

This is only tentative, and the post black songs they have are the best songs they released in that period.

edit: I hope they add Unforgiven II personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
AH fuck! I NEEEEED THIS GAME!

Any word on if it will be a full band thing or just guitars. All buy 2 of those songs in that list are shit i have on my ipod.

As much as St Anger gets pooped on, I dug the CD when it came out. Guess that makes me a diehard fan or something. I wouldn't mind seeing St Anger on the disc. They need easy Metallica songs somewhere.

The track lineup looks good so far, good enough to warrant a Day 1 Rental (not to mention making me seriously consider renewing my gamefly account). If they can at least manage 60 awesome songs, or keep it priced at $40 or less I might just bite.

This reminds me; I'd literally kill for GH: Tool. Seriously.

...Samhain.

They just got a customer for this one.

Don't know why it's not a Misfits track or a Danzig one since that would make more sense, but whatever. Don't care.

Being the staunch Metallica supporter I am, I would buy this game day 1 if it had only songs from Load up to St. Anger. With that being said, there are still songs I badly want to see in the game.

The Four Horsemen
Fade to Black
Creeping Death
Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
Damage, Inc.
Harvester of Sorrow
Bleeding Me
Outlaw Torn

These are the ones I want most(especially "Fade to Black"), but there are other ones I'd like in there, too.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
This reminds me; I'd literally kill for GH: Tool. Seriously.[/quote]

:applause:

I *almost* held on to WT just for the three tool songs since they were charted unlike any song I've seen in GH or RB before for the drums. I don't need supporting music either, just a bunch of Tool (maybe some APC) albums in a row would do it.

GH makes me want to vomit though. I didn't understand all the hatred until I got the POS that was GH:Aerosmith. It was some new character models and new songs... *WHY* could that not have been DLC? Not to mention when I played WT and the Willie Nelson song was non-stop red eighth notes the ENTIRE song on drums. No effort whatsoever.

I'd love a Metallica DLC pack for RB, or more importantly, if Tool got the full album treatment for DLC. Disc swapping is unacceptable anymore now that RB raised the bar with exporting.

At the very least, if Fade to Black is on this game, I would spend 50 dollars on it immediately.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Being the staunch Metallica supporter I am, I would buy this game day 1 if it had only songs from Load up to St. Anger. With that being said, there are still songs I badly want to see in the game.

The Four Horsemen
Fade to Black
Creeping Death
Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
Leper Messiah
Damage, Inc.
Harvester of Sorrow
Bleeding Me
Outlaw Torn

These are the ones I want most(especially "Fade to Black"), but there are other ones I'd like in there, too.[/QUOTE]

Now that my Samhain-induced boner has subsided...I'm not getting why some of those other bands have been included. Samhain I kinda-sorta understand, even though Danzig (Hetfield doing backing vocals on a few Danzig I songs, the bands touring together) or the Misfits (obviously Metallica covering a bunch of their songs) would make more sense. Beggars can't be choosers though, and if this means Glenn is opening up the vaults for these kind of games, awesome.

But why Mastodon? Did they tour together? Why the Foo Fighters? Kyuss but no Diamond Head? Michael Schenker Group?? I realize this is not a complete list, but there are a few wonky choices in there. I'm not bagging on what's listed either, I'm just wondering what the association for some of these are.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Lastly, not enough pre-black album 'Tallica. Boo.[/quote]

Yeah, no Disposable Heroes makes this far less interesting.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Now that my Samhain-induced boner has subsided...I'm not getting why some of those other bands have been included. Samhain I kinda-sorta understand, even though Danzig (Hetfield doing backing vocals on a few Danzig I songs, the bands touring together) or the Misfits (obviously Metallica covering a bunch of their songs) would make more sense. Beggars can't be choosers though, and if this means Glenn is opening up the vaults for these kind of games, awesome.

But why Mastodon? Did they tour together? Why the Foo Fighters? Kyuss but no Diamond Head? Michael Schenker Group?? I realize this is not a complete list, but there are a few wonky choices in there. I'm not bagging on what's listed either, I'm just wondering what the association for some of these are.[/quote]

The guys in Metallica are huge fans of Mastodon, James grew up idolizing Michael Schenker (the reason he bought his Japanese knock off V) and Dave Grohl is the biggest Metallica fan in the world.

Also realize that for one some bands are hard to license and two, like Ill reply to the person above me, THIS ISNT THE WHOLE SETLIST.

bread's done
Back