Guitar Hero: Rock the 80s - $20 Amazon

Out of the first 3, 80's was my favorite setlist. But I guess it all depends on taste. I believe Radioshack has Rock the 80's clearanced for $15.

[quote name='chrisnsally']Wow. WTF?!?!?![/quote]

A bit of an extreme statement I admit, but it's sad how this game was priced at $50 when it was released, considering A) it's an expansion B) it's technically it's song list is half that of the other Guitar Hero games in the series and C) it was far from being worth $50...maybe $30 at most...

I'm in agreement with other posters in that the the original price was excessive given the number of songs, but this title has more songs I enjoy playing than any other GH title. Who doesn't like rocking out to the guitar solo in "Round and Round"?

[quote name='Pbear1212']Anyone know if you can play this on PS3 with the PS3 GHIII wireless controller?[/quote]

When I researched it earlier this year, it was not possible. I also have the USB adapter and I couldn't get any ps2 versions to work with my ps2 guitars. There are updates all the time so something may have come up since I last looked into it.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wow, how is this still as high as it is? I always laugh when I see it in-stores for $50, thinking it has to be one of the worst expansions every released. Don't get me wrong, it's a great addition, but the price at which it was released at was worse than rape.
[/quote]

It is not like the per copy licensing fees that go to the music companies goes down over time...I doubt any of GH games will ever officially go below $30 because of this...in this case it looks like target is clearing out old stock and pricing it to move.

[quote name='Tom Ato']I believe Radioshack has Rock the 80's clearanced for $15.[/quote]

Yes, Radio Shack does indeed have it for $15. I picked it up there last month. I think it's also on their website if you want to try to get Best Buy or Circuit City to price match it.

The delivery estimate before ordering was 3-5 days. Now it's showing up as a maximum of 8 days. WTF? It has already shipped, so I can't cancel or change the shipping method. This sucks. I would have rather searched for it in B&M stores.

looks like it's $21.99 at Amazon right now.

i've wanted this game for a while, but obviously didn't want to pay the full $50 for it, so i might bite now that it's near $20.

I recall getting a good deal on this from Best Buy when it came out. Something like $30 with a gift card or something.

Whatever the case, it's a really fun set list. The Flock of Seagulls songs is my all time favorite GH song; it's really fun to play.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Nope[/QUOTE]

Damn. I would be willing to pick up a bundle for around this price, but there's no point now :)

I would be willing to get this for $5 new. Maybe.

It's definitely shipped, but the tracking number still doesn't work. It doesn't even tell me on the USPS site that the shipment has been submitted to their database but not actually shipped yet. The tracking number just plain won't work.

Getting just a bit miffed here.

[quote name='opportunity777']Damn. I would be willing to pick up a bundle for around this price, but there's no point now :)

I would be willing to get this for $5 new. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was in a bundle, I saw it at Circuit City. I don't really remember seeing it anywhere else though and I highly doubt you'd be able to find it anywhere near this price.

In store price is also $19.99. Just picked one up today... It was labeled @ $49.99 but came up $19.99 when scanned.

[quote name='rainking187']Actually it was in a bundle, I saw it at Circuit City. I don't really remember seeing it anywhere else though and I highly doubt you'd be able to find it anywhere near this price.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you saw something else. Who is right? I don't know.

EDIT: Here's the ugly POS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879221054

It's $100 directly from Amazon. Talk about a rip off.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...ias=aps&field-keywords=guitar+hero+80s+bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emperordahc']Always wished '80s was released on the 360. :/[/quote]

QFT!!!! I can't believe I can't get these on my 360 copy :bomb:

I just received mine. I guess the tracking is just borked. It was strange, though. The outer packaging made no mention of Target or Amazon, and it came as a "UPS Mail Innovations" thing with USPS delivery confirmation. And it said it came from the returns center. And the forwarding service was requested? WTF? Whatever, I got it.

[quote name='mitch079']^dude, I told you where to look the tracking number up yesterday.[/QUOTE]

And I only saw your original post, not the edit. Anyway, thanks.

Main setlist
1989 "18 and Life" Skid Row
1988 "Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time" Poison
1984 "Ballroom Blitz" Krokus
1984 "Balls to the Wall" Accept
1983 "(Bang Your Head) Metal Health" Quiet Riot
1987 "Bathroom Wall" Faster Pussycat
2003 "Because, It's Midnite" Limozeen
1987 "Caught in a Mosh" Anthrax
1982 "Electric Eye" Judas Priest
1982 "Heat of the Moment" Asia
1981 "Hold on Loosely" .38 Special
1983 "Holy Diver" Dio
1982 "I Ran (So Far Away)" A Flock of Seagulls
1984 "I Wanna Rock" Twisted Sister
1981 "Lonely Is the Night" Billy Squier
1980 "Los Angeles" X
1982 "No One Like You" B]Scorpions[/B]
1981 "Only a Lad" Oingo Boingo
1989 "Play With Me" Extreme
1987 "Police Truck" Dead Kennedys
1989 "Radar Love" White Lion
1984 "Round and Round" Ratt
1988 "Seventeen" Winger
1982 "Shakin'" Eddie Money
1983 "Synchronicity II" The Police
1980 "Turning Japanese" The Vapors
1984 "The Warrior" Scandal
1982 "We Got the Beat" The Go-Go's
1980 "What I Like About You" The Romantics
1981 "Wrathchild" Iron Maiden

I was one of those unlucky (irresponsible) bastards who was really, really into Guitar Hero when Rock the 80s came out. The day after its release, I went to GameStop and waiting behind some guy returning a game. After he was done, I asked if they had Rock the 80s in stock, and the guy at the counter said that this guy just traded it in. So I got it pretty much new for $54.99. It was the classic GameStop scenario. I can't believe the guy traded in it after only one day. Then again, I can't believe I paid that much for it.

[quote name='bsl918']In store price is also $19.99. Just picked one up today... It was labeled @ $49.99 but came up $19.99 when scanned.[/QUOTE]
Not at the Target near me. Came up $49.99.

bread's done
Back