Guitar Hero wIII - Thread of Bitchin' Friend Codes and Killer Graphics

[quote name='munch']This game froze up on me three times last night. The whammy bar stopped working too. I haven't tried it again today, but I'm starting to get frustrated with this game. First, you have to be really careful how you pick since it double hits. Now this shit! It makes the game not so much fun.[/QUOTE]

The first time I loaded up my Wiimote into the guitar, I had turned the whole case upside down. When I did that, the whammy bar was pressed down fully. So when I tried to use it in-game, it didn't register.

I found the calibration screen, but I noticed that it NEVER registered as moving at all. So I took off the plate and unplugged/replugged the Wiimote, and the calibration screen suddenly showed response.

So it's worth checking out. I really wish there was a switch that could easily/quickly disconnect/reconnect the Wiimote, but it's a minor annoyance. Anyway, just a suggestion.

I'll get more into this game after Phoenix Wright 3/Zack and Wiki.

Finished up Tier 1 on Medium today... man I'm going to suck at later tiers. Still managed to 4-star some songs, but Story of My Life is the only one I got over 90%. I'm good with the blue fret now, until they throw a big string of varying notes at me, then I get all mixed up.

I'm through tier 4 or 5 on Medium. I'm pretty bored so far- 5 starred everything first try. So anxious to be done with this so I can move on to Hard.

I'm afraid to get this game. I want it, but I don't think I'll like it. I've only very briefly played Guitar Hero. Would anyone consider this a must have?

Do you like music or music games? I never touched a guitar in my life but I bought GHI when it came out due to positive reviews and love the series.

Hmm, I think I'll pick this up later on when (hopefully) it will be a bit cheaper and I have a bit more cash.

And of course, I love music and enjoy music games.

[quote name='naes']I'm afraid to get this game. I want it, but I don't think I'll like it. I've only very briefly played Guitar Hero. Would anyone consider this a must have?[/QUOTE]

I definitely consider this a must-have. I guess I'm a musical simulation fan so most music games I find worth buying. Only GH I feel like it's worth its full price, but any deals would be great.

Price cut is not likely. I seem to like GH2 and GH3 on the same level, but if you want a price cut/deal for GH, get GH2 first and see how you like it. It's pretty cheap at some places. I have seen deals for it at $60 (okay that's cheap in the GH world since most games are $70-80) or I think $50.

Also the songs are great to play. I never really paid attention to rock/metal/punk? music too much, but I still like the game.

Also thanks Rocko for the advice, but I was referring to the PS2 GH and the Wii GH. It felt like my timing was off especially for the faster notes, but meh I guess I was rusty.

And another thing about the controller, for some reason on DAY2 of playing the game, my whammy bar totally stopped working, so I started playing the next day and it was working again.. so weird..

Will add my code later...

sometimes the buttons/wammy will stop working and you have to reconnect the controller. Like unplug it from the wiimote and plug it back in.

At least there's a cheat. I don't want to buy another guitar just to play a few extra songs. That's pretty lame.

[quote name='Rocko']At least there's a cheat. I don't want to buy another guitar just to play a few extra songs. That's pretty lame.[/quote]
Yeah, at least there's that. Too bad there's no online co-op, cause that would rock.

[quote name='jlseal']Yeah, at least there's that. Too bad there's no online co-op, cause that would rock.[/quote]

that'll be the main selling point for #4 haha

[quote name='Rocko']At least there's a cheat. I don't want to buy another guitar just to play a few extra songs. That's pretty lame.[/quote]
I played yesterday with my friend and just used my remote as the 2nd guitar. I let my friend use the guitar since she's never played GH before and I used the remote. It was a little weird at first, but I got the hang of it and we unlocked a couple of the co-op encores that way.

[quote name='jlseal']sometimes the buttons/wammy will stop working and you have to reconnect the controller. Like unplug it from the wiimote and plug it back in.[/QUOTE]

Ahh I see. Yeah I did that and it was still weird, I don't know... I'll keep this in mind though.

My friend code:

5-starred everything on Medium first try. Booooring. On to Hard.

I sent RO an email since my whammy bar is definitely broken. Sigh.

If the Tour Group is multiplatform, I would be interested in joining, as I was finally able to link my account on guitarhero.com. My XBL Gamertag and guitarhero.com account names are DeskLaser.

I just picked up the game. I'll have a FC up later, whenever I can get my Wii connected to the tubes.

I finished the second set. Boy, battles are awesome.

When the hell is RO going to release an extra guitar for sale? It's almost xmas and I still can't find any damn info about a separate guitar...

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']When the hell is RO going to release an extra guitar for sale? It's almost xmas and I still can't find any damn info about a separate guitar...[/quote]http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2792427

That's the only listing I've seen for one anywhere, but $60 is ridiculous, and the release date just changed from today to January. If they don't get a guitar out by Christmas they're idiots.

I was umming and ahhing a bit about getting this game - I had GH 1 for the ps 2 and hadn't really played it for ages.

I'm so glad I got it though, it just seems better than the first game - even though the only thing I'd read was that it was essentially more of the same etc.

I love the feel of the Wii guitar and some of the songs are brilliant. Purchased She Bangs the Drums as soon as I could and just love it. Sure the vocal isn't as good but that doesn't matter when I'm singing over the top of it.

I can't wait to get to Maiden, Pearl Jam and the Stones.

Anyways my friend code is:

Love to play against some CAGers - i'm pretty much a Easy kinda guy but could step it up to Medium if I had to.

edit: added everyone

So since the Wii requires a different faceplate any word on when those will show up? If at all..

Also come on Redoctane, I would like a second guitar at some point....

[quote name='foltzie']So since the Wii requires a different faceplate any word on when those will show up? If at all..

Also come on Redoctane, I would like a second guitar at some point....[/quote]There will be at least one different faceplate, since it was offered (and is currently on backorder) by RO with the preorder. Not sure if stores will carry any, though.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hey I saw you mention that you were thinking about starting a GHIII Tour Group for CAGs. Well I just started one up called CAGs ("ass" is a banned word) so if anyone is interested in joining up check it out:

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319[/QUOTE]

I just put in a request.

btw, what's the point of the tour group?

just wondering

[quote name='natureboy46']I just put in a request.

btw, what's the point of the tour group?

just wondering[/quote]

Hey thanks for signing up! For now the Tour Groups are just there to show how your group ranks against other groups on the leaderboards. You can also check out how your rank on songs, etc within your group. You also get bragging rights based on how you do in online matches. Hopefully they will have some sponsored prizes and accolades soon as well.

I talked to CheapyD and he liked the idea and signed up for the group, so lets get as many CAGs as possble to sign up and join our group so we can show the gaming community how CAGs roll in GHIII!

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hey thanks for signing up! For now the Tour Groups are just there to show how your group ranks against other groups on the leaderboards. You can also check out how your rank on songs, etc within your group. You also get bragging rights based on how you do in online matches. Hopefully they will have some sponsored prizes and accolades soon as well.

I talked to CheapyD and he liked the idea and signed up for the group, so lets get as many CAGs as possble to sign up and join our group so we can show the gaming community how CAGs roll in GHIII!

http://www.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/207319[/QUOTE]

Oh, so the group goes across platforms too. Very nice.

Are we still going to try for some CAG Tours?

I know I'd like to be a part of an easy team seeing as how I suck at anything else (frickin blue button - but hey I still have fun!)

[quote name='CombatCraig']Are we still going to try for some CAG Tours?

I know I'd like to be a part of an easy team seeing as how I suck at anything else (frickin blue button - but hey I still have fun!)[/quote]

Hey I started up a CAG group for Guitar Hero III!

You can sign up here:

We have a bunch of CAGs signed up and we are about to break into the top 40 on the leaderboards! CheapyDs on board as well!

My FC is: 4940-3723-5573

I'll try to get in on the tour group soon. Look forward to playing with some CAGs :)

I signed up for the group as well, GLOCK. I'm pretty much sucking at GHIII right now, but this gives me a reson to improve. :)

[quote name='SnorE']will put in a request later on when im at home[/quote]

Great! Glad to have on in the Tour Group!

Just to update everyone, we now stand at #31 on the Tour Group Rankings which means we are just a few spots from being on the top page of the leaderboard! One of the great things about the tour groups is that they are CROSS PLATFORM so everyone can join regardless of if you are playing on 360, PS3 or Wii! :D Now you can easily compare your results to others across platforms!

Lets get everyone signing up to represent the CAGs! If you have already signed up then lets start shredding online and gaining some more groupies!

:bouncy:

Quick question

With the 50 other games I just got I haven't been able to play GH online much. I tried the other day - and I was led to believe you could set the difficulty setting for strangers match so you can play people of the same level

"Strangers matches let you play against random people. When searching for games, there are options to filter for game types and difficulty levels you want to see. You can create a game yourself if you're having no luck finding one. The different difficulty settings will ensure that you find players that are on the same level as you, making for some very competitive, and very fun, online games" (from an online review)

But it seems that no matter what I do - setting the difficulty to easy or medium, whenever someone joins my game they throw their difficulty to hard or expert. So I spend the entire song looking like a retard with easy while the person I'm playing is going nuts on hard or expert.

Am I setting up the game wrong or am I just doomed to a life of online embarassment?

bread's done
Back