Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle - $180.49 Amazon.com Gold-Box Preorder

jgressley

CAGiversary!
Hey all -

Guitar Hero World Tour for the XBox 360 showed up in my Gold Box today for $180.49.

I know a good number of you will be interested in jumping on this price (or asking for $9.50 back on your existing pre-orders). You may need to call or e-mail Amazon to get this as most gold box deals are not automatically offered as part of the Pre-order Price Guarantee...

Personalized gold box deals are not the same for everybody.

For example, mine only has two items today.

The Premiere Frank Capra Collection = $28.49
Battleship Potemkin (The Ultimate Edition) = $23.74

[quote name='Sporadic']Personalized gold box deals are not the same for everybody.
[/quote]

Yep. I know, but I've had luck getting my price lowered every time someone else mentions they had a gold box offer. It usually does require contacting Amazon.com customer support, though.

Hmm... I might try to get the Wii version in my Gold Box, but I suspect it can be found cheaper than this even with a little work.

[quote name='jgressley']Yep. I know, but I've had luck getting my price lowered every time someone else mentions they had a gold box offer. It usually does require contacting Amazon.com customer support, though.[/quote]Well, every item that Amazon sells is technically eligible for the Quick Pick discount and has probably shown up in somebody's Gold Box at some point.... I mean, do you do this every time you buy anything from Amazon?

I have a question. Where is do you find the link to see your personalized goldbox deals? Do I just click the gold treasure chest icon on the top of the amazon home page?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well, every item that Amazon sells is technically eligible for the Quick Pick discount and has probably shown up in somebody's Gold Box at some point.... I mean, do you do this every time you buy anything from Amazon?[/quote]
No, but you make a compelling argument for some of the bigger ticket items. The problem is that the discounts tend to vary so there is no way to know what the discount is unless you receive the offer or someone tells you.

[quote name='jgressley']The problem is that the discounts tend to vary so there is no way to know what the discount is unless you receive the offer or someone tells you.[/quote]
They're always 5% for Quick Picks, the added discount is from a preexisting sale that is available to everyone.

[quote name='Alucard400']I have a question. Where is do you find the link to see your personalized goldbox deals? Do I just click the gold treasure chest icon on the top of the amazon home page?[/quote]

same question, anyone?

[quote name='Alucard400']I have a question. Where is do you find the link to see your personalized goldbox deals? Do I just click the gold treasure chest icon on the top of the amazon home page?[/quote]
Yes, but it only works if you're already signed in to your Amazon account. They also occasionally won't show up due to gold box server overload or random error or during product refresh.

bread's done
Back