Guitar Hero: World Tour game only $10-$20 sale @ Microcenter B&M

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Damn, I must be the only gamer that shops at MC in CO. There are still 12 left even after I placed my order. Now, do I have an extra 200+ to drop?[/quote]

Are you going to get one for all the rest of us who don't live near one of those stores? ;):bouncy:

I'll drop by my local Microcenter in the afternoon. Hopefully there will be some copies left. Might try to pick up a few for some CAGs if there are extras.

I didn't even realize there is a Microcenter in Chicago. I was able to order one copy w/pick-up. Now I just need the snow to stop so I can get it after-work!

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Are you going to get one for all the rest of us who don't live near one of those stores? ;):bouncy:[/quote]

IF there are any extras when I actually pick my order up I will get a few. But I won't be back in town until Sunday so if they last I'll make sure to help you.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']IF there are any extras when I actually pick my order up I will get a few. But I won't be back in town until Sunday so if they last I'll make sure to help you.[/quote]

[quote name='BigBen']I'll drop by my local Microcenter in the afternoon. Hopefully there will be some copies left. Might try to pick up a few for some CAGs if there are extras.[/quote]

I would love one if someone could snag me a copy. Thanks.

I almost forgot: I'm looking for the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a great deal. I'd bite if I didn't want one of the new guitars. as painful as it is to pass. I'm going to have to do it and hope I have money next time the bundle drops.

It sound like a lot of locations only have 12 in stock. I wonder if that is all they were shipped. You know. The infamous "bait and switch" tactic.
Well, I called ahead the minute my local store opened. They are holding one for me.

So that means for $45 total, I now have GH Aerosmith, GH world tour, and a wireless guitar. Thank You CAG.

[quote name='Walt Jay']I didn't even realize there is a Microcenter in Chicago. I was able to order one copy w/pick-up. Now I just need the snow to stop so I can get it after-work![/quote]
and a Circuit City down the street, so you can do a easy price match

Like I said I wont be back near a Micro until later Sunday, it says that location has 18 in stock. Can I order it online for pickup tonight and pick it up Monday?

[quote name='Techsticles']Is there an ad for this in the papers or anything? My CC & BB are pretty shitty about price matching.[/QUOTE]

It's a mailblast, so nope. It's only advertised through email

[quote name='vic_x51']wasn't able to price match. either no one knew or didnt like the flyer with no starting date on a print out[/quote]

If they called the store they would have found out, plus it does have an expiration date:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offers end 01/11/09 unless otherwise noted.[/FONT]

[quote name='BrolyB593']Like I said I wont be back near a Micro until later Sunday, it says that location has 18 in stock. Can I order it online for pickup tonight and pick it up Monday?[/quote]

No. If you order today they'll hold it for 2 days. So Sunday's still a viable option but not Monday unless you order tomorrow.

Is no one OK with picking some CAGers up a copy to get reimbursed? I live in Florida, we have no MicroCenters here...I would really appreciate it if someone could get me a PS3 version.

[quote name='Bubbakja']just order it online...[/quote]
Tried to order any version off the website even PS2 and it says not available when you try to add to cart.

ugh, i guess I'm going to have to step foot in that godawful place to see if they have any in stock. This is a great price.

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']Damn, figured this was too good to be true. I only want the game to play the TOOL songs.[/quote]
That is funny because I only want it to play those songs as well.

My order went through this morning and I received confirmation, and just now I got an Order Cancellation email. That sucks.

[quote name='xeex']The deals seem to be live on the website, if you can handle $6 shipping. In-store pickup also available:

PS3
Wii
PS2[/quote]

Website says not available on line

WESTBURY NY has no more copies as of 12 noon 1-9-09
Infact worker was fairly rude to 2 people asking for the name.

Thanks OP, $20 is about my price point for this game! Picked up a 360 version in Fairfax, VA, looked like it was the last one.

i price matched this at walmart in san jose, monterey road. i had to fight for it to show them that it was an INSTORE price. so if you're in the area, they are giving the go ahead to price match microcenter. they have plenty of copies. print the ad just in case but a Tanya there said to go ahead with all microcenter GHWT price matches.

if they say otherwise, talk to a store manager and say that a friend got it price matched no problem.

[quote name='Monroeski']Is the equipment from the Rock Band 2 that was on sale at TRU a few weeks back compatible with this game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is, even the drums. the game changes so that it only has 4 pads instead of 5 for drums. fully compatible

I'll try to make this short.
I called the minute the store opened. they said they had 12, and they held one for me.
I went in at noon, and not only did they not have any for any console, but they also didn't have one for me. And the video game department guy said they were sold out before the store opened.
SO, I talked to the manager. He asked if there is anything else that I might want that is similar.
I told him that the game alone is normally $60 and the game With guitar sells at times for $75. So can I have that for $35?
Without any hesitation, "no problem" was his answer.
So I got the guitar bundle for $34.99.

[quote name='sunnysky']
I told him that the game alone is normally $60 and the game With guitar sells at times for $75. So can I have that for $35?
So I got the guitar bundle for $34.99.[/quote]

Nice haggling! I'm impressed.

[quote name='sunnysky']I'll try to make this short.
I called the minute the store opened. they said they had 12, and they held one for me.
I went in at noon, and not only did they not have any for any console, but they also didn't have one for me. And the video game department guy said they were sold out before the store opened.
SO, I talked to the manager. He asked if there is anything else that I might want that is similar.
So I got the guitar bundle for $34.99.[/quote]

Micro Center managers a pretty good at/and place a high value on customer satisfaction.

There were still many left at my MC, luckily for me, but at least 3 other people were buying it while I was there.

hmmm I wonder if I can get Sears to PM this if the nearest store is pretty far away...technically they honor online prices, but not sure if I can get them to honor this one XD

I was there at the westbury store at about 10 and they had like 4 copies of the 360 version and that was it - one other guy on line had a copy , but like I said the casher RAN to where the games were after he rang me up - probabally snapped up the other copies

[quote name='GamerChris']ugh, i guess I'm going to have to step foot in that godawful place to see if they have any in stock. This is a great price.[/QUOTE]

What is so "godawful" about microcenter, they carry a lot more computer stuff than best buy and are cheaper too.

[quote name='teknomusik']I tried having Best Buy match this with no luck, then went to Fry's and they matched it :)[/quote]

Which FRY's did you go to? And did they look anything up?

i tried price matching it with a printed ad on BB CC and Walmart and i was ompletely rejected but there isnt anymicrocenter in florida so wasnt expecting much either

Good luck with the price matching. With many stores it all comes down to whether or not the clerk goes ahead and checks Microcenter if they have them in stock.

PS2 version is OOS online, microcenter cancelled order. Called to verify why (to make sure it wasn't a CC processing problem), Service Rep said OOS. I joked "I guess that's what happens when you sell a 50 dollar game for 10 bucks", he replied "Yeah, apparently someone posted it on one of those deal websites too", so they got hammered.

ill be going to gamecrazy tomorrow to price match myself a ps3 copy. the manager there is really nice to me so ill see if i could grab extra 360 and ps3 copies for cags.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']I was there at the westbury store at about 10 and they had like 4 copies of the 360 version and that was it - one other guy on line had a copy , but like I said the casher RAN to where the games were after he rang me up - probabally snapped up the other copies[/quote]

crap, you mean westbury NY i guess
i guess that means ps3 was all out too?

[quote name='sunnysky']Good luck with the price matching. With many stores it all comes down to whether or not the clerk goes ahead and checks Microcenter if they have them in stock.[/quote]

I wonder if Best Buy in Westbury NY will price match ?? the Westbury NY Microcenter has the worst phone system going. You can never get thru to anybody.

Then again do they consider Microcenter a competitor ????

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Are you going to get one for all the rest of us who don't live near one of those stores? ;):bouncy:[/quote]

Vlad - I'm trying. MC won't let my wife pick up my order but I'm trying to get her down there to pick up any extra copies. They must know about it now as the locator says there are only 3 left.

bread's done
Back