Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

random question here, but has redoctane or activision said anything about producing replacement guitar controllers necks? Since the current guitars and future guitars have removable necks.... why cant they sell the new necks with touch srtips for us les paul owners, so that instead of buying a new guitar we can just change the necks. I think it would be a good idea.....

[quote name='gotrice415510']random question here, but has redoctane or activision said anything about producing replacement guitar controllers necks? Since the current guitars and future guitars have removable necks.... why cant they sell the new necks with touch srtips for us les paul owners, so that instead of buying a new guitar we can just change the necks. I think it would be a good idea.....[/quote]
Because detachable necks suck. At least that's why I think they won't have it or speak of it ever again after GH:WT.

[quote name='gotrice415510']random question here, but has redoctane or activision said anything about producing replacement guitar controllers necks? Since the current guitars and future guitars have removable necks.... why cant they sell the new necks with touch srtips for us les paul owners, so that instead of buying a new guitar we can just change the necks. I think it would be a good idea.....[/quote]

There is also circuitry in the guitar itself, that would not work.

I hate the detachable necks because now sometimes the guitar buttons just don't work. The guitar is small anyways, how hard is it to carry a mini guitar? Honestly, I don't see the point of having the neck detach.

got to play bass on stage at the Xbox Booth at PAX08 this past weekend. medium felt a lot easier, like rock band. but maybe it was the tier one song we were playing which I can't remember at the moment. I didn't like it. if you're a medium player that likes to shred, but finds it difficult to transition to hard, I'd stick with GH3.

I can't help but notice the lack of a stand-alone drumkit on Amazon or any other online retailer's site. They ARE gonna release stand-alone drums, right?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I can't help but notice the lack of a stand-alone drumkit on Amazon or any other online retailer's site. They ARE gonna release stand-alone drums, right?[/quote]

Yea mucho ditto there but still 47 days away so there's time.

I wish they would put out some demo units. I really wanna see the quality of GHWT drums compared to RB1. RB1 drums are utter crap, and from the screens of RB2, little has been done to improve them. Give me any reason at all to use GHWT, especially a QA/QC reason, and I'm there.

Ok, I'll make a new post for teh new infoz.

- When players are on different difficulties, the scroll speeds are different, unlike in RB2, where it still scrolls at the speed of the player on the lowest difficulty.

- Hyperspeed is selectable for each instrument.

- "More Stats" screen is still in, including a full band one with breakdowns for each instrument.

- The note charts definitely seem to be better than the ones in GH3. No more artificial difficulty.

- The vocal aspect of the game is supposedly much better than RB's. You can actually sing like the singer in the song and do well.

- The new guitar's neck connection is much better and is kinda like a USB port.

- You can turn off the touch and tilt sensors in the options menu.

- The player creator looks much more detailed than the one in RB. I imagine they just borrowed some code from the THPS games and plooped it in.

- Not sure if this was announced already, but Ted Nugent is one of the guitar battles in the game.

New songs:

Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
Filter - “Hey Man Nice Shot”
Joe Statriani - "Satch Boogie"
NOFX - “Soul Doubt”
Rise Against - “Re-Education (Through Labor)”
Steve Miller - “The Joker”
Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
The Answer - “Never Too Late”
The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”
Trust - “Anti-Social”
Wings - “Band on the Run”

[quote name='Corvin']Why are they still messing with a detachable neck? Grr.[/quote]

More importantly, why are they still messing around with the guitar battles? I hated them in GH3 & GH:A. I want to play real songs, not do guitar battles.

[quote name='evanft']Ok, I'll make a new post for teh new infoz.

- When players are on different difficulties, the scroll speeds are different, unlike in RB2, where it still scrolls at the speed of the player on the lowest difficulty.

- Hyperspeed is selectable for each instrument.

- "More Stats" screen is still in, including a full band one with breakdowns for each instrument.

- The note charts definitely seem to be better than the ones in GH3. No more artificial difficulty.

- The vocal aspect of the game is supposedly much better than RB's. You can actually sing like the singer in the song and do well.

- The new guitar's neck connection is much better and is kinda like a USB port.

- You can turn off the touch and tilt sensors in the options menu.

- The player creator looks much more detailed than the one in RB. I imagine they just borrowed some code from the THPS games and plooped it in.

- Not sure if this was announced already, but Ted Nugent is one of the guitar battles in the game.

New songs:

Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
Filter - “Hey Man Nice Shot”
Joe Statriani - "Satch Boogie"
NOFX - “Soul Doubt”
Rise Against - “Re-Education (Through Labor)”
Steve Miller - “The Joker”
Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
The Answer - “Never Too Late”
The Stone Roses - “Love Spreads”
Trust - “Anti-Social”
Wings - “Band on the Run”[/quote]

can i see some sources for ted nugent confirmation and for this list of how everything in the game is better than rock band? ps: your imagination isn't a source.

[quote name='Irukandji']can i see some sources for ted nugent confirmation and for this list of how everything in the game is better than rock band? ps: your imagination isn't a source.[/QUOTE]

Terrible Ted, himself, also mentioned it four months ago in this radio interview from back in May (around the 12:30 mark). In the interview he says they 'mo-capped' him and that he came down to the studio for Stranglehold and a couple other songs. This was in May, so Cat Scratch Fever (in GH:A) would fall into the 'couple other songs' category.

Granted rock stars don't seem the most reliable when it comes to this kind of info, but the Nuge is a well informed guy and seems like he would know what he's talking about.

[quote name='evanft']Ok, I'll make a new post for teh new infoz.

[/quote]

Yes!!! The difficulty on GHIII sucks ass!

Full setlist:
30 Seconds To Mars--The Kill
311--Beautiful Disaster
Airbourne--Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
The Allman Brothers Band--Ramblin' Man
Anouk--Good God
The Answer--Never Too Late
At the Drive-In--One Armed Scissor
Beastie Boys--No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Beatsteaks--Hail To The Freaks
Billy Idol--Rebel Yell
Black Label Society--Stillborn
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club--Weapon of Choice
blink-182--Dammit
Blondie--One Way or Another
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band--Hollywood Nights
Bon Jovi--Livin' on a Prayer
Bullet for My Valentine--Scream Aim Fire
Coldplay--Shiver
Creedence Clearwater Revival--Up Around the Bend
The Cult--Love Removal Machine
Dinosaur Jr.--Feel the Pain
The Doors--Love Me Two Times
Dream Theater--Pull Me Under
The Eagles--Hotel California
The Enemy--Aggro
Filter--Hey Man, Nice Shot
Fleetwood Mac--Go Your Own Way
Foo Fighters--Everlong
The Guess Who--American Woman
HushPuppies--You're Gonna Say Yeah!
Interpol--Obstacle 1
Jane's Addiction--Mountain Song
Jimi Hendrix--The Wind Cries Mary
Jimi Hendrix--Purple Haze (Live)
Jimmy Eat World--The Middle
Joe Satriani--Satch Boogie
Kent--Vinternoll2
Korn--Freak on a Leash
Lacuna Coil--Our Truth
Lenny Kravitz--Are You Gonna Go My Way
Linkin Park--What I've Done
The Living End--Prisoner of Society
Los Lobos--La Bamba
Lostprophets--Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
Lynyrd Skynyrd--Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
The Mars Volta--L'Via L'Viaquez
MC5's Wayne Kramer--Kick Out the Jams
Metallica--Trapped Under Ice
Michael Jackson--Beat It
Modest Mouse--Float On
Motorhead--Overkill
Muse--Assassin
Negramaro--Nuvole e Lenzuola
Nirvana--About A Girl [Unplugged]
No Doubt--Spiderwebs
NOFX--Soul Doubt
Oasis--Some Might Say
Ozzy Osbourne--Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne--Mr. Crowley
Paramore--Misery Business
Pat Benatar--Heartbreaker
Radio Futura--Escuela De Calor
R.E.M.--The One I Love
Rise Against--Re-Education Through Labor
Sex Pistols--Pretty Vacant
Silversun Pickups--Lazy Eye
Smashing Pumpkins--Today
Steely Dan--Do It Again
Steve Miller Band--The Joker
Sting--Demolition Man (Live)
The Stone Roses--Love Spreads
Stuck in the Sound--Toy Boy
Sublime--Santeria
Survivor--Eye of the Tiger
System Of A Down--B.Y.O.B.
Ted Nugent--Stranglehold
Ted Nugent--Original Guitar Duel Recording
Tokio Hotel--Monsoon
Tool--Parabola
Tool--Schism
Tool--Vicarious
Trust--Antisocial
Van Halen--Hot For Teacher
Willie Nelson--On The Road Again
Wings--Band on the Run
Zakk Wylde--Original Guitar Duel Recording

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197604.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Pretty nice setlist.
Alot of RB2 repeats, though.

Setlist is very meh, I'll be sticking with rock band 2 and not bothering with world tour. Although I'm probably going to get the guitar hero drums.

There are some good songs on there, but I'm not all that excited, to be honest.

Though having compatibility with my RB instruments has moved this title from "not a chance" to "probably gonna buy it anyway."

Setlists aren't always indicative of how fun songs are to play.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Setlist is very meh[/quote]

Sums it up quite nice. There's some stuff on there I like, although a lot of it is from Rock Band...

Songs I Like/Look Forward to Playing:

311 - Beautiful Disaster **
Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Dream Theater-Pull Me Under **
The Enemy - Aggro **
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
LACUNA COIL - Our Truth **
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
The Living End - Prisoner of Society **
The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez **
Metallica--Trapped Under Ice (Could've been something way better...)
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Muse - Assassin **
Paramore - Misery Business
Pat Benatar-Heartbreaker
R.E.M. - The One I Love
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Trust - Antisocial
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher (Solo = Instant Fail)

(Stars denote something I didn't know about before this game)

WTF:

Anouk--Good God (What is this shit?)
Bullet for my Valentine - Scream Aim Fire (Finally BFMV, but they picked one of the worst songs...)
Linkin Park - What I've Done (See BFMV)

[quote name='lolwut?']Linkin Park - What I've Done (See BFMV)[/quote]It's not as heavy as a lot of their other stuff, but it is one of their best songs to play in a group. It's got a good drum beat, and is fun to sing. Definitely not one of their best songs guitar wise, though.

The setlist is better than I thought it would be. I'm definitely buying Rock Band 2, but if this game has good compatibility with the Rock Band drums, then I'll pick this up, too. I will probably wait until I can grab it for under $30.

[quote name='sj41']It's not as heavy as a lot of their other stuff, but it is one of their best songs to play in a group. It's got a good drum beat, and is fun to sing. Definitely not one of their best songs guitar wise, though. [/quote]

That may be, but the problem is I usually play by myself, unless my girlfriend is in the rare mood of playing. I also play the guitar :lol:

Who knows, it might be fun to play, I just really would've rather seen something off their first album

Solid setlist, but doubt I'll bite. I just haven't played GHIII nearly as much as I played the first 2. And even those I didn't play nearly as much as most here.

I think I'm over music games.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes...you could do this on III as well.[/quote]

Thanks. I thought as much just wasn't positive. I've only played GH 1&2.

edit: Let me preface this with, I'm a dumbass, didn't realize I was in the 360 forum. While some questions are universal, I only have a PS3, so if it matters, I need the PS3 version of the answer.
~~~~~~~

Is there any data or comparison of the quality of the new RB2 instruments with the new GH:WT instruments. I'm not so much interested in the new features as I am the actual quality. What I would like to know:

Drums: Will they last long or am I going to be sending them in for repairs after every 4-6 hour jam session? Who's is built better?

Guitar: 2 issues. (1) Do either of the guitars have the horrible mushy sturm bar that the RB1 guitar had. If so, instant fail. (2) Tilt sensors... have they made this work any better?

Mic: Does either one have a wireless mic?

Also, while I now know that pretty much everything is compatible with everything else (RB1 GH3, RB RB2, GH3 GH:WT, etc.), the only one I'm not sure about is RB1 instrument compatibilty with GH:WT. I'd like to keep my RB1 drums, but I have a feeling it might be difficult since RB1 has 4 pads and WT has 3 pads + 2 cymbals.

[quote name='Warner1281']edit: Let me preface this with, I'm a dumbass, didn't realize I was in the 360 forum. While some questions are universal, I only have a PS3, so if it matters, I need the PS3 version of the answer.
~~~~~~~

Is there any data or comparison of the quality of the new RB2 instruments with the new GH:WT instruments. I'm not so much interested in the new features as I am the actual quality. What I would like to know:

Drums: Will they last long or am I going to be sending them in for repairs after every 4-6 hour jam session? Who's is built better?

Guitar: 2 issues. (1) Do either of the guitars have the horrible mushy sturm bar that the RB1 guitar had. If so, instant fail. (2) Tilt sensors... have they made this work any better?

Mic: Does either one have a wireless mic?

Also, while I now know that pretty much everything is compatible with everything else (RB1 GH3, RB RB2, GH3 GH:WT, etc.), the only one I'm not sure about is RB1 instrument compatibilty with GH:WT. I'd like to keep my RB1 drums, but I have a feeling it might be difficult since RB1 has 4 pads and WT has 3 pads + 2 cymbals.[/quote]

No one has had in depth time with the new GH instruments so no one is exactly sure how they compare to rb 2 instruments. The rb 2 guitar is less mushy than the rb 1 guitar but harmonix WANTED it so it wasn't clicky like the gh guitars. So still what you would call mushy compared to gh guitars but much improved. I think both mics are wired. And in GH world tour, the note charts will actually change to match the rb drum sets, so you should be perfectly fine with your current drum set.

[quote name='GBmanNC']No one has had in depth time with the new GH instruments so no one is exactly sure how they compare to rb 2 instruments. The rb 2 guitar is less mushy than the rb 1 guitar but harmonix WANTED it so it wasn't clicky like the gh guitars. So still what you would call mushy compared to gh guitars but much improved. I think both mics are wired. And in GH world tour, the note charts will actually change to match the rb drum sets, so you should be perfectly fine with your current drum set.[/quote]

ty :applause:

I'm a huge fan of the new Rise Against song "Re-education Through Labor". Hopefully it's fun to play - it's one of their more "anthem" songs, lots of gang vocals and breakdowns.

considering the song list was a huge selling point with the other guitar hero games i found this list to be a little dissapointing. im wondering what bonus songs will be included. in either case ill be getting the game and then buying rock band 1 & 2 seperate. so i guess it wont really matter after that.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']considering the song list was a huge selling point with the other guitar hero games i found this list to be a little dissapointing. im wondering what bonus songs will be included. in either case ill be getting the game and then buying rock band 1 & 2 seperate. so i guess it wont really matter after that.[/quote]

I think that's all the songs on the disk, right?

At the Drive-In--One Armed Scissor
Beastie Boys--No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Beatsteaks--Hail To The Freaks
The Doors--Love Me Two Times
Dream Theater--Pull Me Under
The Eagles--Hotel California
Interpol--Obstacle 1
Jimi Hendrix--The Wind Cries Mary
Jimi Hendrix--Purple Haze (Live)
Linkin Park--What I've Done
The Living End--Prisoner of Society
Lynyrd Skynyrd--Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
The Mars Volta--L'Via L'Viaquez
Metallica--Trapped Under Ice
Michael Jackson--Beat It
Motorhead--Overkill
Muse--Assassin
Nirvana--About A Girl [Unplugged]
Ozzy Osbourne--Crazy Train
Paramore--Misery Business
Ted Nugent--Stranglehold
Ted Nugent--Original Guitar Duel Recording
Tool--Parabola
Tool--Schism
Tool--Vicarious

Well that's what I'm looking forward to. The Tool tracks alone makes GH4 a must-buy for me.

bread's done
Back