Guitar Hero: World Tour (Straight to the clearance bin?)

hordak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
About a year ago, I waited patiently for World Tour to come to PC. It never did, but I got lucky and found the PS3 version for cheap at Target.

Fast forward a year and I didn't hear word (not that I cared at this point), but today I see it at HPB for $7. However, Amazon says it is to be released on 12/31. :D I wonder if someone did an "about face" and decided to just send it straight to the clearance bins.

Anybody know the story?

I can say that the first torrents were out for it around June/July this year.

I can also say that there is no news of it whatsoever on Aspyr's website.

This means that potentially since July copies could have been available for store to hold or whatever.

I would assume its not officially out yet, but since the latest version of Guitar Hero is already out, they probably just said screw it, get what you can for it when you do sell it, or HPB made a mistake.

[quote name='darthbudge']People want to play Guitar Hero on PC?[/QUOTE]

Some people do. I prefer (to watch - not play) Frets on Fire - It's free, has an insane amount of songs in multiple languages and actually teaches real guitar techniques.

I find mostly female gamers are into the guitar/karaoke PC games.

There is another guitar hero clone that is free but I forget the name of it.

With the way PCs are going, there's really no difference. And by that, I mean I have a media center/ gaming PC sitting hooked up to my 52" LCD in the living room. So, it's not like playing Guitar Hero on a keyboard in front of a small computer screen in an office. :)

Its the same as on any other platform only custom songs are much more accessible. Get yourself a guitar controller and you're good to go.

[quote name='hordak']With the way PCs are going, there's really no difference. And by that, I mean I have a media center/ gaming PC sitting hooked up to my 52" LCD in the living room. So, it's not like playing Guitar Hero on a keyboard in front of a small computer screen in an office. :)[/QUOTE]

:bouncy: Exactly, the last time my computer was ONLY hooked up to desktop screen was back in 1996...since then I have it on a projector...in my living room, bed room, children room with some wireless gamepads. :bouncy:

Every time company comes over and is shocked...I look at them and say "Welcome to 1997!" :lol:

Last edited:
[quote name='Megazell']:bouncy: Exactly, the last time my computer was ONLY hooked up to desktop screen was back in 1996...since then I have it a projector...in my living room, bed room, children room with some wireless gamepads. :bouncy:

Every time company comes over and is shocked...I look at them and say "Welcome to 1997!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nice dude! Awesome! :)

bread's done
Back