Guitar Hero World Tour w/2 Wired Guitars (360) $60 Shipped and More at RedOctane.com

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='red_devil3']In for one. This is really an amazing deal. Anyone know the trade-in value for these guitars at Gamestop?[/quote]

[quote name='dogmanky']Can anyone confirm the original RB drums and mic work on GHWT? Nice deal. Thanks to OP!
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

[quote name='smb43432']Is there a working link? the link I clicked says it cost 79.99 now.[/quote]

"Use coupon code (on the last page of checkout) WORLD2X to receive the discount."

Quoted from the first post.

[quote name='el swordo']can you pay more to get the gh3 guitar?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not with any discount.

You could get this,, which includes one World Tour guitar, and one GH3 Les Paul, but there is no discount available.

my package came today. Im new to the GH franchise. just played GH Aerosmith the other day for the first time. played GH WT today. songa are awesome. the order came pretty quick and everything was fine. awesome price too of course. im just thinking in the long run though, its gonna cost me a fortune. i have so much pain in my forearm, wrist and fingers from playing too much... im gonna need physical therapy soon i think! itll be damn well worth it though!

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']how long is the cord on the controller?[/QUOTE]
9'

It's a USB connector, though, so you can pop a cheap USB extension cable on the end of it and make it whatever length you need. I think you can also use it with a PC as well.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I think you can also use it with a PC as well.[/QUOTE]

Correct. The PC versions of GH3 and GH:Aerosmith ship with this exact same guitar, and Windows automatically recognizes it as a Guitar Hero controller when you plug it in. You can also use it with Guitar Hero simulators.

I ordered on the 7th and got mine today. I played it a little bit, and I forgot how much I liked this guitar. And the game seems fun even though the set list is terrible. A lot of the songs are already on Rock Band 2, but I knew this going in. The music studio seems to be a lot of fun, so I'll be playing that when I hang out with a couple of friends this weekend. I think Rock Band 2 is a better game, but $60 is a great price for this bundle.

I don't know if anybody else mentioned this, but I got an email that said the GH3 bundle for PS3 was reduced another $20 down to $40 yesterday for a one day special that's now over. Look out for other deals like this.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Nope, not with any discount.

You could get this,, which includes one World Tour guitar, and one GH3 Les Paul, but there is no discount available.[/quote]

that deal with les paul and the new guitar has a discount till nov 16th,
here is the link $99 shipped for 2 wirless guitars and the game,
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=499

[quote name='red_devil3']Anyone know when the drum set is going to be sold separately?[/quote]

yep that's what I'm missing too...

[quote name='red_devil3']Anyone know when the drum set is going to be sold separately?[/quote]

I asked some GameCrazy employees the other day, and they hadn't received any information on it. I got lucky and scored a barely used 360 set off Craigslist for $65 (he was asking $90 because he saw the prices on eBay, I offered $65, expecting a little back and forth, but he jumped at it), after having picked up the $100 2-player wireless bundle. I need to remember to order the tuning cable when I get home, though, there is a definite sensitivity issue (I have to wail on the cymbal to get it to register).

[quote name='guessed']I asked some GameCrazy employees the other day, and they hadn't received any information on it. I got lucky and scored a barely used 360 set off Craigslist for $65 (he was asking $90 because he saw the prices on eBay, I offered $65, expecting a little back and forth, but he jumped at it), after having picked up the $100 2-player wireless bundle. I need to remember to order the tuning cable when I get home, though, there is a definite sensitivity issue (I have to wail on the cymbal to get it to register).[/QUOTE]

tuning cable? pls explain. thanks!

i bit. was a little leary, cause i normally suck at rythym based games, but thought what the heck.

anyone know of a good place to get cheap skins for the explorer controllers?

[quote name='drktrpr1']What is the quality of the X-plorer? I like how they look, but do they work as well as the wireless guitars? If they're just as good as the wireless, I'd love to get this, I could care less about wireless if I can save $40![/quote]

Supposedly the best guitar out there... I got this deal and the guitars are great but you won't be able to use the added feature which only comes on the new guitars which is the "stroke" or however you call it.

Yeah but I ordered this deal, came extremely quick, and the guitar is great, just sucks you don't have the "stroke" feature... nonetheless, I suggest selling one guitar to save up for one of the newer versions and/or the drum/mic set, it's what I will be doing.

[quote name='psychobuck']tuning cable? pls explain. thanks![/quote]

There are issues with the drums being either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough. Article.

There is a form that one can fill out to request the USB Midi cable (there is also a free download of the tuning program).

My order went awol :(, I ordered on the 7th then told a few other people who jumped in on the deal. They all received theirs and mine is showing out of stock :(. Even though it is in stock on their page still.... funk dat.

[quote name='Theenternal']My order went awol :(, I ordered on the 7th then told a few other people who jumped in on the deal. They all received theirs and mine is showing out of stock :(. Even though it is in stock on their page still.... funk dat.[/quote]

I'm wondering where mine is too. I received the email /w tracking number that it had shipped out on the 10th, but the only info on the FedEx site is "package data transmitted to FedEx".

To be honest, the band kit should just come with two guitars and the drums/mic. It's not exactly a "band kit" with only one guitar.

I ordered mine as well. What an awesome deal. Thanks very much to the CAGer who posted this. I am so thrilled with this site/forum. Nice to finally start saving some money after Gamestop and others have ripped me off for so many years.

For others who have received this, did the game arrive separately or in the same shipment? Mine arrived Wednesday, and when I finally opened it this morning it looks like just two standalone controllers. Unless the game is packaged inside one of the guitar boxes which the labeling makes seem unlikely.

[quote name='ZeiramMR']For others who have received this, did the game arrive separately or in the same shipment? Mine arrived Wednesday, and when I finally opened it this morning it looks like just two standalone controllers. Unless the game is packaged inside one of the guitar boxes which the labeling makes seem unlikely.[/quote]

The game comes in the same box as the guitars. The game should not be packaged inside one of the guitar boxes.

[quote name='cmart05']The game comes in the same box as the guitars. The game should not be packaged inside one of the guitar boxes.[/quote]

they stuffed my game in a box that looked like just enough to fit the two guitars, but separately

I just ordered. My status says 'pending fulfillment' on the Red Octane site. What's that mean?

"Fulfillment" is their term for "shipping". Mine was there too. Got it in two days, and everything looks great.

Pretty happy with this deal. I wasn't necessarily gonna take up RB2 time with GHWT, but my old guitars are wearing out and this seemed like a great way to take care of that. Thanks OP!

well I totally scored.

I ordered the 2 Wired Controlls + 1 Guitar Hero World Tour package.

Box arrived today, I opened it up and looked inside, there were TWO copies of World Tour in it. No idea how this happened, I double checked my invoice, I was only charged 59.99.

So I pretty much got $180 worth of stuff for $60.

[quote name='Zarcath']well I totally scored.

I ordered the 2 Wired Controlls + 1 Guitar Hero World Tour package.

Box arrived today, I opened it up and looked inside, there were TWO copies of World Tour in it. No idea how this happened, I double checked my invoice, I was only charged 59.99.

So I pretty much got $180 worth of stuff for $60.[/quote]

Nice! I hope they screw my order up like that too! lol

Well mine arrived Yesterday and I have to say I am happy...I got THREE copies of World tour in it!!!!!! No I'm kidding, just the one, but it was a great deal either way.

bread's done
Back