Guitar Hero X-Plorer Controller (Xbox 360) $10 at CC

Good deal. They must have made a million of these things. In three years there are going to be a ton of them at Value Villages and garage sales.

[quote name='RudyPants']Good deal. They must have made a million of these things. In three years there are going to be a ton of them at Value Villages and garage sales.[/quote]

Maybe enough to challenge the ET landfill.

Wow, these things have been $10 at lots of places lately. If they get any cheaper, I'll pick up one just so I can thrash and slam it like a frenzied, drunken, coked-up rockstar.

Heh agreed about the Rock Band guitars. I got one of these last week from CC for $10 bucks. Wayyy better than the Rock Band ones.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered two since I too am frustrated with my poor quality Rock Band controller. I'll be trading that in as soon as my Circuit City shipment arrives.

Anyone know of a decent filler in the $5 dollar range?

Edit: Got some Verge CD Wallet for $6 I needed. Thanks OP, in for 2 guitars!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these any good? My wife may get into Guitar Hero series because they're now releasing Nirvana songs for World Tour (her favorite band of all time). There are used copies of GH2 & 3 and World Tour I can attain for relatively cheap, but they dont come with the guitar, obviously.

Meh I figured for $10 each I could chance it. I bought two, one for me and the wife. Hope they're decent. No shipping gonna pick it up at the CC few miles away :)

[quote name='handisnacks']Are these any good? My wife may get into Guitar Hero series because they're now releasing Nirvana songs for World Tour (her favorite band of all time). There are used copies of GH2 & 3 and World Tour I can attain for relatively cheap, but they dont come with the guitar, obviously.

Meh I figured for $10 each I could chance it. I bought two, one for me and the wife. Hope they're decent. No shipping gonna pick it up at the CC few miles away :)[/QUOTE]

Xplorers are excellent guitar controllers.

How are the new GH guitars? I was going to order the GH:WT guitar bundle from the free 360 site, but if the new guitar isn't that much of an improvement I'll order this. I need a 2nd guitar.

I'd say most of the Guitar Hero guitars are better than the Rock Band ones. I still have my two launch GH2 360 x-plorers that are still going strong after a year and a half or whatever it's been. The PS3 Les Pauls come broken out of the box due to a weak wireless signal and add in variable lag that you can't fix. My Ps3 World Tour guitar is pretty good, though it's not getting as much use. I think that I like the x-plorers more since the neck is smaller (tiny man hands) and the frets are a bit closer together but it could be just because I'm used to it. The wireless on the new world tour guitar is pretty nice though.

All said though, I prefer Rock Band to the new GH since RB is kicking the shit out of them in the DLC department. Both games have only so many good songs and once you've played them you want to play some new good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up, OP. You can never have too many gui...tar...con...wait, yes you can.

(But I needed a spare, so this worked out great.)

My only gripe with this guitar is it's so damn loud... unless they've made improvements over the first run bundle.

Killer price for $10. Also noted that the GH2 bundle is $28.

just picked this up today; thanks!

My girlfriend and I just played about an hour of GHIII Co-Op Career...
I'm very impressed with her, as she's been doing Medium, and finishing each song... too bad the only songs she likes are "When You Were Young" and "Paint It Black" :roll:

[quote name='rapsodist']Wow, these things have been $10 at lots of places lately. If they get any cheaper, I'll pick up one just so I can thrash and slam it like a frenzied, drunken, coked-up rockstar.[/quote]

Hell yeah, dont forget about the e:lol::lol::lol:

Pretty good deal, I am still using mine but want to upgrade.....maybe I can argue the les paul

[quote name='handisnacks']Are these any good? My wife may get into Guitar Hero series because they're now releasing Nirvana songs for World Tour (her favorite band of all time). There are used copies of GH2 & 3 and World Tour I can attain for relatively cheap, but they dont come with the guitar, obviously.

Meh I figured for $10 each I could chance it. I bought two, one for me and the wife. Hope they're decent. No shipping gonna pick it up at the CC few miles away :)[/quote]

Just go with Rock Band, they almost have the entire Nevermind CD available across the two games and DLC, with more speculated to come in the future. The X-Plorers are the way to go for guitar controllers though.

In for one. I just bought it at the store to avoid shipping, they had a big pile of them. While I love the Les Pauls, I also love the iconic Explorer shape -- I'm a big James Hetfield fan. And, this will come in handy when I attempt the Endless Setlist without pausing achievement, won't have to worry about batteries dying over the course of 6 hours of playing!

Thanks for posting this. I found one at TRU while I was out yesterday & is great to have a 2nd one finally since I'm still using my original explorer from when GH2 launched.

bread's done
Back