Guitar Strings

jakescape53

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just wondering what the cheapest and best quality guitar strings would be. I was just practicing a solo when i broke the high e string :oops:. This is the first time ive broken a string and i figure its probally time to replace all of them. Thanks for your help!

A while back Guitar Center had a good sale on strings near me. I forget how much they were, but I got a ton. If you're interested, I can probably sell you some (If I can even find them still). If you're looking for something B&M, then I would suggest checking out a Guitar Center if you have one locally, they seem to have the best deals compared to other places where I live. If not, I've noticed other stores (Target, Wal-Mart, ect.) starting to sell guitars. I'm not sure if they would have accessories or if they would have good prices, but you may be able to snag a few packs of strings there for cheap.

Guitar center is having a sale on their ernie ball power slinky strings, 3 packs for 9.99 (actually, the sale might be for any ernie ball strings). I'm not sure how long the sale lasts, though. This is assuming you have an electric.

I've heard decent things about webstrings.com, you could check that out.

Be happy guitar strings are cheap; I play bass and strings range from $20-50...

10 bucks for 3 packs of Ernie balls in a really good price, i would jump on that. Me personally, I don't mind spending a little more for a quality string, I use D-addario on all my electrics, which are relatively cheap(6-8 a set) but i use nothing but Elixers on my acoustic. Yeah, they are 15-20 for a set, but damn they sound good and last a long time.

Elixers are crap. They never warm up and have that bright tinny sound constantly. Blah. The teflon coating is cute but that doesnt help you on the E and B. Martin SPs for acoustics also last a good long time, and really do sound great.

Electric I use DR High beams. Nickel coated they are bright but not too bright, also last a good while.

bread's done
Back