Guitarists - check out the axe I just bought...

Don Chubo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I haven't played six-string for a bit over a year now, and I've missed it. I was looking at getting a new guitar, and one that I was really looking at was the Floyd Rose Discovery series guitars. I ended up bidding on this one because while the speedloader strings are cool, they are expensive and discontinued.

dsot3.jpg

For $152, I think I got a really sweet axe. Now off to find a decent amp. I don't need anything over 30-40 watts really - I'll just be jamming along with the MP3 player. I'm looking for a little amp with a really bassy "Megadeth" style tone. Any of y'all have any sugestions?

Not a bad looking axe- as for an amp, I use a Fender Champion 110 with built in over drive for practice with my B.C. Rich Warbeast WMD- (makes it so I dun need my death metal pedal ) Or you could try a Peavey amp. Ibanez makes some inexpensiv amps as well that have plenty of balls. Check out musiciansfriend.com for details/specs on things.

Just hope speed loader strings don't stop production because if I remember correctly those guitars can't use regular strings.

Great deal. I suggest a Peavey amp and maybe a digi tech pedal(check craigslist, I found some cheap pedals there).

[quote name='woolsey11']Just hope speed loader strings don't stop production because if I remember correctly those guitars can't use regular strings.[/QUOTE]

This is the DSOT-3, which is the export model. This one does not use the Speedloaders.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Great deal. I suggest a Peavey amp and maybe a digi tech pedal(check craigslist, I found some cheap pedals there).[/QUOTE]

Another Peavey recommendation - interesting. I've had a couple of their amps back in the day, and I thought they kind of lacked low end - but that was some time ago.

I'd really like to get an amp with decent built-in effects to start out, and then I could add a pedal or two. I would love to score an older Crate 212, but they're a little pricey.

I was kind of looking at this one...opinions welcome! $160 is the $$ ceiling at this point.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-20X-Amp-With-COSM?sku=487031

Another vote for Peavey! I will definitely give them a fair listen. With luck, I'll have the axe by the weekend so I can go hit up the music store.

Vox can be good. Peavey makes solid low watt amps. However, I still prefer a stack to a combo, and in my experience, you can't get much better than a nice Marshall head.

I don't know my electric guitars, but that's got to be a good deal. That looks like a pretty high quality guitar; really crummy electric guitars are $100.

I've heard nothing but good about these, and looking at prices for new instruments you generally can't get a decent guitar with a locking trem for under $350-$400. And this one has an actual Floyd, of course.

Would have rather had the blue, but I really couldn't pass it up.

Picked up a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT last week. Chock-full of features, and got a used-but-in-new-condition one for $140. Score!! Now to chip the rust off of my fingers and get the chops back.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Picked up a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT last week. Chock-full of features, and got a used-but-in-new-condition one for $140. Score!! Now to chip the rust off of my fingers and get the chops back.[/quote]

Most excellent.

bread's done
Back