GUN X360 19.99 Best Buy.com & in-store

Sorry, Gun, you came out too little too late.

I would have jumped all over this months ago but now, I think it's far too late for me to even care with all the November hotness out.

That's a decent price but I'm definitely not jumping with joy or overly surprised that one of the worst launch games for the console is only $20...

[quote name='bleak']That's a decent price but I'm definitely not jumping with joy or overly surprised that one of the worst launch games for the console is only $20...[/quote]

Easy there, pardner. There's more charm, content, and playability in this than in a dozen PDZeros. :p

This is a good deal for anyone who was interested in this game and didn't want to pay full price. I picked up the regular Xbox version of this game for 5 bucks a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Any significant difference between thie 360 and the Xbox version? Is there a noticeable difference in graphics?

[quote name='bsesb2003']Any significant difference between thie 360 and the Xbox version? Is there a noticeable difference in graphics?[/QUOTE]

All reviews point to a big fat NO, EGM seems to make a monthly joke about it.

[quote name='jrutz']Looks like a universal price drop. Although it's not the $10 I'd like to have it at, Amazon also has it at $20 with free ship and no tax.

Cheapy, please add the affiliate link. Here is the direct link:

http://www.amazon.com/Activision-80969-Gun/dp/B0009Z3I0A/[/QUOTE]
Probably couldn't get it any cheaper than $15 in even a couple years, though, barring the few big sale events.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Any significant difference between thie 360 and the Xbox version? Is there a noticeable difference in graphics?[/QUOTE]
Not as noticable as $10 retail price jump and a $400 investment would expect. But at this price I'm sure it's worth the extra $5 (hell, just for achievments alone, probably).

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gun is a sweet game. Would that all rushed games were as complete as this one.[/quote]

Actually thats why this game was so short. Activision rushed it out so it could be avaiable for the holiday season. Also the 360 version looks like ass and its not any different from the current gen versions that you can find for $8 or less, so $20 ain't that great of a deal. Still, thanks anyway OP.

[quote name='Rozz']Actually thats why this game was so short. Activision rushed it out so it could be avaiable for the holiday season. Also the 360 version looks like ass and its not any different from the current gen versions that you can find for $8 or less, so $20 ain't that great of a deal. Still, thanks anyway OP.[/quote]

Yeah, it was short, but it was COMPLETE. There weren't any half-assed glitchy, dull, boring endgame missions where plot was sacrificed for a steady stream of baddies to pad out the gameplay. The game was solid. The plot and gameplay were all fleshed out nicely (Though you could tell that they cut out every unnecessary mission for the plot to get the game out on time.). Is it worth it for the 360 when all you get is achievements? That's your call. But Gun is a great game that just needed more development time, but what they DID with what little development time they had trumps most of this and last generation's unfinished/rushed games in spades.

This just means were bound to find a copy for $10 or less, used or new. I'm waiting to grab this, along with Full Auto, for $10 each. Used copies should drop alot on eBay and Amazon. I've seen Ridge Racer for $10 shipped alot, so I'm expecting this to do the same.

Exactly. This is just another step on this game's inexorable path towards the magic pricepoint. Used or new, I'd buy that for ten dollars!

P.S. The game is supposedly really short. Are there enough side/optional missions to make it a good 10-12 hour game? Anyone?

P.P.S. Am I the only one who saw screenshots for this game and thought that Viggo Mortensen should be getting royalties?

[quote name='jollydwarf']Exactly. This is just another step on this game's inexorable path towards the magic pricepoint. Used or new, I'd buy that for ten dollars!

P.S. The game is supposedly really short. Are there enough side/optional missions to make it a good 10-12 hour game? Anyone?
?[/QUOTE]

Yes - Gun is ALL about the side missions

bread's done
Back