Gunblade NY + LA Machineguns for Wii 15.49 @ Amazon FSSS

Thrinn

CAGiversary!
$15.49 (up from $11.69) with FSSS @ Amazon.

This is a two-pack of 90s arcade on-rail shooters. The game will probably do very little for you if you hadn't played it back in the day, but if you want to mindlessly blow a lot of stuff up then there's some fun to be had.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember playing Gunblade in the arcades, been meaning to pick up a copy to relive those years. Probably won't be the same without the over-sized machine gun attachments that recoiled like crazy, good times.

Excellent find! I'd been watching this from amazon directly, and recently found it at Kmart for $14.99. This seems to be a great price for a pickup....finally! Thank ya!

great price, I finally broke down about a week ago waiting for this game to drop and grabbed it at like $18... figures it finally drops to about where I expected it to be (a YEAR ago!!) right after I get it.

Say what you want about the Wii, but they carry the best rail-shooters. Most of my game stash for it is based on games like these, such fun shit. I'd recommend picking this up, for sure as well as some other $10 ~ $15 Wii game (if you like rail shooters, House of the Dead 2 + 3 comes to mind, most of those kinda games are in that range) so you can get the free shipping.

Thanks op. I just got ghost squad at the blockbuster sale and this would make a nice addition. I just need to get the new hotd game and I got all the sega rail shooters.

I picked this up at Costco last year for $10, but I haven't gotten around to opening it. Would love it if Sega would port over the Virtua Cop series to the Wii next, or if Namco could port some of the Point Blank games.

Where's my Time Crisis 2+3 port Namco? I'd pay full price for that. Great games on 360. What made you dopes think you could go all in on PS3 light gun games? Dummies.

Also, Sega, come on now. Confidential Mission? I'd be over that like I was on Ghost Squad. Geez guys, get with the program. You have done nothing but rehash the Genesis era for the past decade, rehash a different era for once dammit!

Either way, neither Gunblade (Eugh) nor LA Machineguns are nearly as good as you might remember but the price is right.

If you for some reason want a tour de force of Wii lightgun shooting and ONLY a tour de force, I'd advise you skip this and go for HotD2+3 and Ghost Squad. Dead Space Extraction if you want less arcade and more 'real game' in your lightgun dude shooting.

Got one! 3 left before I placed my order. Thanks for the heads up OP. Been looking to pick this one up for a while.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it just me or does LA Machineguns sound like an 80's hair band name and not the name of a game?:razz:[/QUOTE]

Close. L.A. Guns.

[quote name='falcinator']Excellent find! I'd been watching this from amazon directly, and recently found it at Kmart for $14.99. This seems to be a great price for a pickup....finally! Thank ya![/QUOTE]

Hopefully, I can find a copy at my Kmart for that price. I'm guessing it was one of those generic upc budget games that have a $14.99 price sticker that's in red and white.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']HOT GARBAGE - Seller ended up cancelling my order saying they oversold it..... or some crap like that.

BASTARDS!

Oh well maybe next time[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me, weak.

[quote name='lassiterb']It's 11.69 on buy.com with free shipping.

http://www.buy.com/prod/216021594.html[/QUOTE]

I just noticed this seller on Buy.com has the same name as the seller from Amazon that cancelled the orders (the name is 6ave). I'm tempted to buy from Buy.com but if this is the same seller then I'm guessing he is still out of stock?

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Close. L.A. Guns.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I looked it up after I made the comment. Funniest thing is I was growing up in the 80's, but didn't recall the name of the band.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Where's my Time Crisis 2+3 port Namco? I'd pay full price for that. Great games on 360. What made you dopes think you could go all in on PS3 light gun games? Dummies.

Also, Sega, come on now. Confidential Mission? I'd be over that like I was on Ghost Squad. Geez guys, get with the program. You have done nothing but rehash the Genesis era for the past decade, rehash a different era for once dammit![/QUOTE]

THIS. I was playing Razing Storm the other night and thought how awesome an HD Time Crisis collection would be awesome. I'm a huge Sega fan too so they need to get with the program. At least we're getting HotD Overkill on PS3...

I may try to see if my fry's will PM this cause I'd still love to have it.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']THIS. I was playing Razing Storm the other night and thought how awesome an HD Time Crisis collection would be awesome. I'm a huge Sega fan too so they need to get with the program. At least we're getting HotD Overkill on PS3...

I may try to see if my fry's will PM this cause I'd still love to have it.[/QUOTE]

I'm at least happy with some of the light-gun arcade ports on the Wii, but I third this! I LOVEEEEE Sega, but they need to drop this pachinko shit and get on this, or at least make sure Aliens: Colonial Marines/Sonic Generations is awesome. I'd settle for them getting back into the console market too, I guess. >_>;

Anyone play Aliens: Extermination in arcades? Fun stuff. That and House of the Dead 4.

[quote name='ManChowder']I just noticed this seller on Buy.com has the same name as the seller from Amazon that cancelled the orders (the name is 6ave). I'm tempted to buy from Buy.com but if this is the same seller then I'm guessing he is still out of stock?[/QUOTE]

Looks like your right. The price on their site doubled overnight. I removed the buy.com link from the OP.

[quote name='dallow']House of the Dead: Overkill getting a PS3 port.

Figured the people in this thread would care.[/QUOTE]

It seems like all the good Wii-exclusive games are getting ported to the PS3. >_>;
Hopefully everyone who ordered from Buy.com gets their copy.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Where's my Time Crisis 2+3 port Namco? I'd pay full price for that. Great games on 360. What made you dopes think you could go all in on PS3 light gun games? Dummies.

Also, Sega, come on now. Confidential Mission? I'd be over that like I was on Ghost Squad. Geez guys, get with the program. You have done nothing but rehash the Genesis era for the past decade, rehash a different era for once dammit!

Either way, neither Gunblade (Eugh) nor LA Machineguns are nearly as good as you might remember but the price is right.

If you for some reason want a tour de force of Wii lightgun shooting and ONLY a tour de force, I'd advise you skip this and go for HotD2+3 and Ghost Squad. Dead Space Extraction if you want less arcade and more 'real game' in your lightgun dude shooting.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, my Wii library consists of a lot of these games as well. Can't get enough of them... well, that lame Ghost Recon one can go die in a fire though.

Ghost Squad, HotD 2&3, HotD Overkill, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction, Gunblade NY/LA Machineguns... it kills me that of all the ideas (good or bad) Namco has had on Wii, putting Time Crisis on it was the furthest thing from their minds. Then again this is the same company that likes to make their Tales series largely Japan exclusive and then wonder why the few western releases don't do anything for them. (Symphonia was an anomaly)

bread's done
Back