Guncon...Time Crisis...

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone know where I can get one of these games or something like it that is worth the price? I wanna get a shooting game with the gun but I think it's like $60 or something. I'm trying to save up for next gen since that'll hit my wallet pretty hard, so if anyone could recommend a good deal on any of these games with a gun, maybe even 2 guns, I'd be really grateful. Thanks

I actually saw Crisis Zone and a 3rd party gun bundle at EB for 18. I bought TC 3 with the guncon for $40 a while ago preowned, but It's getting harder to find a bundle for cheaper than $60. Go with Time Crisis 3 if you decide to buy, IMO it's the best lightgun game ever.

The time crisis bundle I just saw at Circuit city is $54.95 and it comes with 2 guncons. In fact, everywhere I've sen it retail (not used) it's now packaged with 2 guns.

Time Crisis 3 or Crisis Zone can both be had on Ebgames.com sometimes for like $20-25. They're listed as used but both the ones that I've gotten were in such good shape that I think they might have just been opened new ones.

As a note, if you can find an EB that has Guncons marked with the SKU for the PS1 guns, they're $0.01. I managed to find my second mis-marked PS2 gun yesterday. (in addition to the 2 ps1 guns that I'd found a while back).

I've been to 3 EB's and all they have is Time Crisis 3 $17 used and Guncon 2 with a gun for $60. Is the Circuit City thing online? I might order that Time Crisis 3...

My CompUSA had the Crisis Zone package w/GunCon2 for $14.99, but YMMV. (I BOUGHT TWO OF THEM!!!)

I just got Crisis Zone for $35 off Ebay. I noticed there are a bunch of other Guncon games. Can anyone recommend me some besides Time Crisis 3 (Which I'm deffinatly getting)

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I just got Crisis Zone for $35 off Ebay. I noticed there are a bunch of other Guncon games. Can anyone recommend me some besides Time Crisis 3 (Which I'm deffinatly getting)[/quote]
duuuude you couldve went to gamecrazy and gotten the guncon and time crisis for $9.99

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I doubt they'd have it or I would've picked it up a long time ago.[/quote]
i think i just got really lucky they had it used but still it looked new barely even looked used sometime gamecrazy has some sweet deals

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I just got Crisis Zone for $35 off Ebay. I noticed there are a bunch of other Guncon games. Can anyone recommend me some besides Time Crisis 3 (Which I'm deffinatly getting)[/quote]

Here are all the Guncon 2 games for the PS2 (that I know of):

Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone
Ninja Assault
Vampire Night
Endgame
Dino Stalker

Resident Evil: Dead Aim is also GC 2 compatible but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Time Crisis 2 and 3 were my faves. Endgame is a TC clone but in a sci-fi setting and I liked it. Ninja Assault and Dino Stalker were merely OK. What sets apart Dino Stalker is that you move around the levels with the D-Pad on the Guncon 2 instead of it totally being on rails. Vampire Night is also pretty shit hot and there are loads of Point Blank style mini-games to play when you've finished the main game. It's also the most expensive to get out of the bunch as it'll cost you $25-$30 w/o the Guncon.

Also, if anyone has a copy of TC3 w/ Guncon in the big box for sale give me a price.

I'm selling my Time Crisis: Crisis Zone complete with large box and guncon2. All the stuff is in mint and I can send a pic. PM me with an offer if interested. Only looking for money or DS stuff.

[quote name='valor19']I'm selling my Time Crisis: Crisis Zone complete with large box and guncon2. All the stuff is in mint and I can send a pic. PM me with an offer if interested. Only looking for money or DS stuff.[/quote]

He already bought it...

Is Crisis Zone better than Time Crisis 3? I've never seen it in the arcades so I haven't played it. I really wish there was a House of the Dead game too. Those are always fun.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Is Crisis Zone better than Time Crisis 3? I've never seen it in the arcades so I haven't played it. I really wish there was a House of the Dead game too. Those are always fun.[/quote]

IMO TC3 > Crisis Zone. I thought Crisis Zone was the weakest of the PS2 Time Crisis games due to you using a machine gun for the whole game. I didn't think it was as fun coming out from behind your riot shield and holding down the trigger. I did like the fact you could shoot stuff off of the shelves, desks, etc. and it was still a fun game. I just wiosh there was more Guncon games period. I'm about to go back and buy the PSX Guncon games just to have more, more more.

i found a gun at blockbuster the other day with recoil get home play it for a few hours and the recoil stops working lol realy wierd gun still works tho.
5bucks

Its intec brand i think are there any other guns out there with recoil that work and dont die?

Ninja Assault absolutely SUCKS, but it is also the cheapest Guncon game for PS2. All of the Time Crisis games are pretty good, but I agree with the other poster that 3 is the best one. The graphics are pretty sharp and its fun to use and manage multiple weapons. The Time Crisis games are all fairly short from beginning to end, but TC 3 has other modes to unlock such as the Rescue Mission which is actually longer than the main game and in my opinion more fun.

Haven't played the other games yet but I'm looking to pick up Vampire Night if I ever see it for a decent price.

bread's done
Back