Gunnar Gaming Eyewear $34.99-$49.99 @ tech.woot.com

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Here's the list of Gunnars that they have on sale with colors.

RPG - Gunmetal or Onyx - $34.99

Steelseries Desmo - Onyx or Orange - $39.99

Vayper - Neptune - $39.99

Haus - Onyx Fade - $44.99

The prices do not include the $5 shipping and sales tax.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/your-choice-of-gunnar-gaming-eyewear

I was thinking of getting the Vayper.

Anyways, good deal? or no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest they've been. I put an order in for an RPG in Onyx. Just wished shipping was free, they had a promo that expired yesterday that would have gave me free shipping. Oh well, I'm getting 5% back with Discover.

Can someone explain the point of these to me? I've been curious.
The only point is to see how much money they can get by scamming people. This takes the cake as one of the biggest Gimmicks to ever hit the gaming scene, even more than that Nintendo Sewing Machine.

The only point is to see how much money they can get by scamming people. This takes the cake as one of the biggest Gimmicks to ever hit the gaming scene, even more than that Nintendo Sewing Machine.
Not entirely true. While the high price is very questionable, they do work. I have harsh lighting in my room and using my PC or gaming for long hours with contacts gives me eye fatigue. While wearing these, the problem goes away

These are range safety glasses repurposed as "gamer glasses". You could get the same effect by wrapping your TV in yellow plastic wrap.

Not entirely true. While the high price is very questionable, they do work. I have harsh lighting in my room and using my PC or gaming for long hours with contacts gives me eye fatigue. While wearing these, the problem goes away
I wear contacts too, and while it's true that long periods of gaming will cause my eyes to dry out from not blinking, wearing lenses over my contacts doesn't help. You know what does? Taking my contacts out and wearing my normal glasses.

Again, these are just safety lenses. They were made just to block UV rays and offer better contrast for target shooting. People that think that they actually make a difference for indoor gaming are drinking the Kool-aid.

I wear contacts too, and while it's true that long periods of gaming will cause my eyes to dry out from not blinking, wearing lenses over my contacts doesn't help. You know what does? Taking my contacts out and wearing my normal glasses.

Again, these are just safety lenses. They were made just to block UV rays and offer better contrast for target shooting. People that think that they actually make a difference for indoor gaming are drinking the Kool-aid.

I dont like wearing my glasses. Maybe because I dont wear them often, but when I wear my glasses it just doesnt feel natural. You are right about safety lenses though. I have a $5 pair of safety sunglasses that give the same effect as the gunnars.

Regardless of what these "actually are", if you are curious about these glasses you should go read some reviews.

Do they improve gaming?  I don't know about that...  From this standpoint, it probably is a scam.  Do they help folks with eyestrain?  According to reviews, absolutely.

I stare at a computer at least 8 hours a day for work and (usually) add another 1-3 hours at night on the computer/TV playing games.  I suffer from eyestrain which causes headaches, etc.  The reviews on Amazon convinced me to buy the Vaypers from the Best Buy sale with one of my reward certs to drop the price to $30.  If these do end up helping my eyes then this deal is a steal!  We'll see how it goes :)

bread's done
Back