H: Mystery Boxes for Charity! W: Donation / Paypal

GetWellGamers

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone. The Get-Well Gamers Foundation is looking to put together Mystery Boxes filled with donations to the foundation.

For those of you not familiar, the Get-Well Gamers Foundation is dedicated to providing for children's hospitals year-round, supplying everything from classic video game systems to brand new next-generation systems to over 200 hospitals around the world.

After generously receiving a large amount of "swag" that can't go to the hospitals from E3 this year, we decided the best way to raise money for the foundation was to put together Mystery Boxes. Each box will contain both exclusive and random items picked up at E3 in the last two years. We have T-Shirts, Pins, Magnets, Posters, Lanyards, rare items, you name it. We are also putting together a mystery box of video game donations we've received which will include games spanning through most consoles (N64, PS1, SNES, Gamecube, Boxed PC, etc).  We also have collectors edition items. We realistically have enough to fill over 100 boxes.

Picture: http://imgur.com/41OHo1U

Tell us what type of Mystery Box you'd like and we'll load it up with awesome items!

E3 Box
Videogame Box
Promo Item Box
Mix n Match

Do you want consoles? Let us know in the notes.

$50
$100
$200 (bonus items)
$200 + (choose your items)

PayPal and checks accepted. If you'd like to mix and match please let us know and we can work out payment. Please specify shirt size as well.

PM for Paypal.

If you want to get rid of these things for charity money, you're better off just selling them individually. I have no idea what the "mystery box" contents will be for the lowest $50 price point and if it'll even be worth my effort. I understand that it's for charity and all, and $50 is on the low end of charitable donations (especially if your getting loot in return for it), but we're in tough times. I don't want to be burdened with junk I don't want either when my hard-erned $50 is on the line

I would agree with the poster above, I would be more than happy to pay for some video game collector items and swag from E3, however I'm not a huge fan of mystery box.

I can safely say every single person who has bought a mystery box has been happy with their purchase. We sell many items individually on eBay and will go that route if they are not put in boxes. 

Here's an example of a $100 box we put together:

Exclusive E3 2014 Sunset Overdrive T-Shirt in Container

Exclusive E3 2014 Dragon Age Inquisition T-Shirt

Angry Birds Schwag from E3 (Pins, Magnets)

Sealed Gamecube Lego Star Wars II

Dragon Warrior VII PS2 Complete in Box

Kingdom Hearts I PS2 no manual

Swingerz Golf Gamecube Sealed

Exclusive E3 2014 Destiny Bracelet

Sealed Star Wars Clone Wars Trading Cards

Exclusive E3 2013 Sonic Lanyards

Bioshock 360 Collectors Edition Art Book

Valkyrie Profile Silmeria PS2 Complete

Last edited by a moderator:
So a bunch of crap?
That's not really the point as It's for charity afterall. Like Phil said, I wouldn't mind buying some gaming merch, but a mystery box might be stuffed JRPG stuff (which I hate) and I have alot of merch myself, so I might spend $50 and get 5 new things instead of 15 things of my choosing.

I can't even believe the level of immaturity in this thread already. If you aren't interested, move along. If we dont have any interest we'd be more than happy to list out items on another thread individually, as I mentioned we have many many items to move. 

The point of mystery boxes is to help move some of the less desirable items mixed in with more attractive stuff. This isn't a foreign idea. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back