Ha! The n00bs are at it again on Ebay! (Final Fantasy XI)

This guy is probably the reason I didn't find any HDD's at my CC yesterday (not likely, but I need to displace my hatred somewhere).

[quote name='Astinus Majere']I like the description of the only other thing that he's selling

new still sealed remington shaver starting bid 1 dollar i have playstation 2 hard drives on my other auctions feel free to see
[/quote]

lol yea

Do you think he even has bought all those drives? He is going to wait for the bidding to end, buy what is needed and only send to the auctions that make profit. Bad karma for him.

WTF? He even was stupid enough to leave the CC price tag on the box. If you are stupid enough to pay over 30 bucks bidding on these be my guess because 9 bucks shipping is pretty steep.

honestly, this is great; after the $5 cc sale, i picked up a number of games off ebay that i got cheaper than if had i purchased directly from cc plus the added benefit of the seller taking a bath

"all sales final sorry no returns or refunds i will not be held responsible for lost items if items are lost the only proof i have to let you know i shipped your item is the receipt. i keep receipts for about 1 week so let me know if you havent received item i will scan the receipt and email it to you for proof but thats about all i can do but bid with confidence as i have flawless feedback i am honest just trying to say things straight forward"

Great, so the seller doesn't offer insurance to buyers but the seller doesn't think he is responsible if the item is lost?!

[quote name='big_squirtle']He didnt' even bother to remove the price tags. What a tool.[/quote]

Probably to show that it originally was $99.99 to make the buyers think they are getting a good deal.

[quote name='cdeener']WTF? He even was stupid enough to leave the CC price tag on the box. If you are stupid enough to pay over 30 bucks bidding on these be my guess because 9 bucks shipping is pretty steep.[/quote]

Is $9 that steep? It does have a HDD with it, so $9 doesn't seem that unreasonable, considering people seem to like to charge $5 for games alone.

This guy is stupid and a hoarder, but unfortunately I can see him making money off these... at least more so than the idiot selling MGS and bidding on his own auctions.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='cdeener']WTF? He even was stupid enough to leave the CC price tag on the box. If you are stupid enough to pay over 30 bucks bidding on these be my guess because 9 bucks shipping is pretty steep.[/quote]

Is $9 that steep? It does have a HDD with it, so $9 doesn't seem that unreasonable, considering people seem to like to charge $5 for games alone.

This guy is stupid and a hoarder, but unfortunately I can see him making money off these... at least more so than the idiot selling MGS and bidding on his own auctions.[/quote]

I shipped a PS2 HDD with FFXI and it cost me $9. Not steep at all.

I wish people who were bidding on those wouldn't bid on all of them. When someone is selling like 20 of the same thing. I think it would be sweet if everyone who wanted one just stuck to that one and didn't raise the prices on the others, maybe they would get them for under $20 from the guy. I'll watch these, it would be sweet to get one for less than this guy paid for it.

Someone explain this to me. Why do you all hate people who are trying to make money on eBay? Just ... BECAUSE?

I understand why this person shouldn't have listed them all at the same time, but what is everyone's objection with reselling? That's how ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON EARTH reaches the consumer. Very, very few items are sold directly to the end consumer by the manufacturer. I just don't get everyone's objections.

I think you're all just pissed because it's A.) somone ELSE making the money, or B.) someone buying all the cheap games from the store before you could get there. Does anyone have a better reason than that? Because either of these would be pretty pathetic...

I don't think I'm ever coming into a thread that has the title "Ebay" in it. Everytime I do I get pissed off when I see somebody selling 2 thousand of the same item that was on sale, I looked for and couldn't find. This just stinks.

[quote name='othergames']Someone explain this to me. Why do you all hate people who are trying to make money on eBay? Just ... BECAUSE?

I understand why this person shouldn't have listed them all at the same time, but what is everyone's objection with reselling? That's how ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON EARTH reaches the consumer. Very, very few items are sold directly to the end consumer by the manufacturer. I just don't get everyone's objections.

I think you're all just pissed because it's A.) somone ELSE making the money, or B.) someone buying all the cheap games from the store before you could get there. Does anyone have a better reason than that? Because either of these would be pretty pathetic...[/quote]

You're new. After a while you'll learn that complaining about missing out on a sale is part of being a CAGer.

See, instead of just shrugging their shoulders and going "damn, oh well, I'll hit the next sale" most CAGers come here immediately after coming home empty handed to complain about "hoarders".

Here's the truth - its not unethical, immoral, illegal, or anything else for 1 person to buy multiple sales items. When a store doesn't want you buying a lot of their stuff, they say "limit 2". Otherwise its every man for himself. If you want a product bad enough you should be there when the store opens the first day of the sale to get it. If you learn about a sale 2 weeks after its started you really have no excuse to get mad at the guy who bought out the store the first day the sale was on.

[quote name='othergames']I understand why this person shouldn't have listed them all at the same time, but what is everyone's objection with reselling? That's how ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON EARTH reaches the consumer. Very, very few items are sold directly to the end consumer by the manufacturer. I just don't get everyone's objections. [/quote]

No, manufacturers sell to wholesalers who sell to retailers who sell to consumers. He's buying from a retailer selling at below wholesale prices, essentially turning himself into the retailer in that chain. In other words, he's adding another markup to the system.

Someone explain this to me. Why do you all hate people who are trying to make money on eBay? Just ... BECAUSE?

Truth be told, the only reason I created this thread was to laugh at the guy listing 30 million of the same item all ending at the same time. A classic noob way to totally destroy your ending prices.

I remember when the Wrestlemania XX tickets went on sale. They were sold out and then not 5 minutes later, there were tickets on eBay. I get pissed off at the people that buy the tickets just to resell them. 10 years ago this wouldn't have been a problem.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I remember when the Wrestlemania XX tickets went on sale. They were sold out and then not 5 minutes later, there were tickets on eBay. I get pissed off at the people that buy the tickets just to resell them. 10 years ago this wouldn't have been a problem.[/quote]

You're telling me there weren't scalpers 10 years ago? And that concerts and major events didn't sell out within minutes due to people trying to resell tickets? C'mon.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I remember when the Wrestlemania XX tickets went on sale. They were sold out and then not 5 minutes later, there were tickets on eBay. I get pissed off at the people that buy the tickets just to resell them. 10 years ago this wouldn't have been a problem.[/quote]

in the late 70s and 80s... my parents sold spots in lines and concert tickets to nearly all the major concerts that went through SLC so its been going on ever since the dawning of time..

the fact of the matter is.. i bought a bunch of Millenium falcons from walmart (10 bucks a piece.. yes).. sold them on ebay for 30.. and i'm dumb? no.. i think it is the consumer should do the research before plopping down more than what the guy paid for them at a sale.. yeah it sucks missing out on a sale (in my town we only have a wal mart and kmart.. and i heard about the TRU/CC sale way way too late) but it doesn't matter to me.. i still got some great games because of the Kmart heads up.. (TY whoever).. but yeah its pretty silly when you obviously know where the guy got them.. he could have at least taken off the stickers/price tags so you'd think that he got them from some other means..

eh..
rOB

[quote name='Astinus Majere']I like the description of the only other thing that he's selling

new still sealed remington shaver starting bid 1 dollar i have playstation 2 hard drives on my other auctions feel free to see
[/quote]

You obviously don't see the strong connection between razors and ps2 hard drives. They go hand in hand.

i really dont see much of a difference between what he did and what everyone else is doing with buying every TRU game that they see, only to trade it into ebgames...im not saying either is right or wrong, because neither really bother me much...but its funny to see that on CAG their is a very thin line between what is okay and what is completely wrong

the only few differences that i see are that he isn't going to make as much money as the TRU hoarders and he is going through more hassle thatn the TRU hoarders....

the bottom line in my view is that, no matter who you are...if you find a really good deal, you're going to take advantage of it and cash in...whether or not you brag about it to everyone is another story...

as for the ebay seller, he's not making people bid on his auctions...so it must be a good deal to them...leave it at that

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='masha']I reported it before in CC thread. His listings were removed by ebay. He put them back up again .[/quote]

nobody likes a tattletale [-X[/quote]

Reporting? No way! You gotta be Facking kidding me. I was just watching his auctions. I have one HD for sale. I wanted him to sell his 12 HDDs as fast as possible and leave.

[quote name='masha']I reported it before in CC thread. His listings were removed by ebay. He put them back up again .[/quote]

Reported him for what?

[quote name='AndrewUIS420']lol, what a great description. What sucks is that he will probably get more than 50 for each of em[/quote]

This brings me back to my question: why does this suck? Why are you hoping that someone doesn't make money?

bread's done
Back