Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

[quote name='209chromatic']Any chance that Half will give you less $$ even after you lock in the price? First time trading in to them.[/QUOTE]

Not if you choose the "return" (instead of downgrade) option. But if you mean in case the price drops? See, the thing is they have yet to drop any prices so we don't know about that (though I would assume if you lock in you lock in).

[quote name='Geco17']Same here. Is it because of an upgrade of the offer? I'm not sure. But I hope it pays out soon.[/QUOTE]

I actually have 2 packages pending - one from Monday and one from Tuesday. The first one has no upgrades but it does have one game stuck on "pending audit" while the others are processing. The second one does have an upgrade on it. That would seem to indicate it has already been inspected - that upgrade was there on Tuesday. So not sure what the hold up is.

[quote name='twinton']I shared and helped others much more than I benefited from the group, so it's no big deal really. Just kind of chicken shit to go and remove a past contributor when they have done nothing wrong. Velo himself was MIA for long periods of time...actually the only person I remember using the family excuse was him.

Oh well, now I MUST post on the public forums if I wish to share/discuss flips. I thought the point of the group was to keep flipping activity off of the public forums...guess I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Velo started the damn thing.

Stop playing the victim.

It was already said that if you could get someone to vouch for you you'd be let back in.

I think the problem may be that in the past they were delayed in updating the received date and this was the reason that we were paid a day or two after received. Now we may be seeing the true length of the process.

Can any one that has paid for delivery confirmation/tracking confirm/deny that their actual received date matches up?

[quote name='klimb22']I think the problem may be that in the past they were delayed in updating the received date and this was the reason that we were paid a day or two after received. Now we may be seeing the true length of the process.

Can any one that has paid for delivery confirmation/tracking confirm/deny that their actual received date matches up?[/QUOTE]

Received dates don't match up.

[quote name='twinton']I have no choice but to discuss flips in the public forums now, since I was removed from Velo's group for some reason?

I'm not sure why I was removed, but when I went to post a deal there a couple of days ago, I was no longer a member.

Pretty sad, as I helped a lot of people out in that group, and contributed many past flips. I guess it was more of a what have you done for me lately decision.[/QUOTE]

Keep trying to "spite" us. It's only damaging your cause.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Velo started the damn thing.

Stop playing the victim.

It was already said that if you could get someone to vouch for you you'd be let back in.[/QUOTE]

I'm not playing the victim, I really don't care. Like I said, I contributed in the past more than I benefited...so it's the groups loss. I just don't want anybody to whine when flips are posted in the public forums. I had no idea why I was removed. Nobody said a word to me. I only found out by trying to go to the group to post a deal.

And yes, I do have existing members willing to vouch for me. In fact, I just PM'd one of them to let him know not to bother and that I'm not interested.

OK now back on topic of Half.com...sorry that this got kind of off topic, that's the last I'm going to say about the Flipper's Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twinton']I'm not playing the victim, I really don't care. Like I said, I contributed in the past more than I benefited...so it's the groups loss. I just don't want anybody to whine when flips are posted in the public forums. I had no idea why I was removed. Nobody said a word to me. I only found out by trying to go to the group to post a deal.

And yes, I do have existing members willing to vouch for me. In fact, I just PM'd one of them to let him know not to bother and that I'm not interested.[/QUOTE]
Not for thing but why not start a new group with say me?(then we add more ppl) lol

or continue with public flip information. I think the CAG community would really appreciate that :)

[quote name='klimb22']I think the problem may be that in the past they were delayed in updating the received date and this was the reason that we were paid a day or two after received. Now we may be seeing the true length of the process.

Can any one that has paid for delivery confirmation/tracking confirm/deny that their actual received date matches up?[/QUOTE]

I've put DC on three packages so far, but none has been received as of yet. Should be there on 8/11 according to the USPS site, so I'll update when I know.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I've put DC on three packages so far, but none has been received as of yet. Should be there on 8/11 according to the USPS site, so I'll update when I know.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. USPS (2 different Post Offices) have not let me add DC to the Half labels. Be it PP or MM. They say I would have to pay for a new label in full.

[quote name='klimb22']Thanks. USPS (2 different Post Offices) have not let me add DC to the Half labels. Be it PP or MM. They say I would have to pay for a new label in full.[/QUOTE]

Odd, because I've shipped from two different post offices near where I live and neither seemed to care. Only question at the second post office was if the DC would get scanned since it wasn't part of the original label, but the first one had already been scanned a few times by that point so they were fine with it.

[quote name='twinton']I'm not playing the victim, I really don't care. Like I said, I contributed in the past more than I benefited...so it's the groups loss. I just don't want anybody to whine when flips are posted in the public forums. I had no idea why I was removed. Nobody said a word to me. I only found out by trying to go to the group to post a deal.

And yes, I do have existing members willing to vouch for me. In fact, I just PM'd one of them to let him know not to bother and that I'm not interested.

OK now back on topic of Half.com...sorry that this got kind of off topic, that's the last I'm going to say about the Flipper's Club.[/QUOTE]
:lol:The only person I see whining here....is YOU. I understand that a lot of members in the group went inactive(you were one of them btw) after the BB banhammer came down en masse on many of them. It's one thing to be banned, but a whole other thing to stop contributing because of it. There are ALWAYS new opportunities and there are other places than BB/GS/Amazon to trade to.

Then again, some members(coughcoughhandsomebitchcoughcough) always only seemed to speak up and pretend to be busy with work/family/whatever excuse they came up with when we openly discussed starting to purge the group, followed by saying they intended to post something but someone else already did. To them, I say that's when you find the time and you find another flip to compensate for the one already posted. Instead, they would just beg/plead to remain and be given a free pass to lurk and leech even more. Funny how that works, huh?

That's why I was glad Velo didn't give any prior warnings this time, since those who were active and contributing in some way would have no reason to worry about a kick. There's still some flotsam that I don't think I've ever seen post in the group and hopefully Velo will jettison them before too long. But if you wanna come back and actually share and contribute, then I'll vote for you coming back.
[quote name='darknight88']Not for thing but why not start a new group with say me?(then we add more ppl) lol

or continue with public flip information. I think the CAG community would really appreciate that :)[/QUOTE]
You forgot the word leech after CAG in your statement.;) Don't get me wrong. I love this community(the part that contributes anyway:razz:), as it has saved me a ton of money and there are many great members here who are just awesome.

I'm all for sharing info, but there has to be a willingness on the part of other CAG's to actively share back. Many feel that it's a one way street, where everyone should post everything and then you get dickheads that send in 30 copies of something and before long any decent values are $1-2 each.:roll:

Can we stop the talk about the flipping group? And ChunLiBarbie, FYI it is a private social group here on CAG.

If all the former members of that group want to make a new one and include some new blood then go for it. But stop talking about it on here please.

[quote name='io']Can we stop the talk about the flipping group? And ChunLiBarbie, FYI it is a private social group here on CAG.

If all the former members of that group want to make a new one and include some new blood then go for it. But stop talking about it on here please.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see..:whistle2:k
TY!

[quote name='io']Can we stop the talk about the flipping group? And ChunLiBarbie, FYI it is a private social group here on CAG.

If all the former members of that group want to make a new one and include some new blood then go for it. But stop talking about it on here please.[/QUOTE]
Sorry.:)

I got paid late tonight for my 2 boxes that they said they got Monday and Tuesday. The email came at 10:30 PM Pacific.

One game is still showing "pending audit" - almost like they didn't even check it in. I know for sure I sent it. That's $24 I'm missing so I'm not pleased with that though I am relieved all the rest got paid out. Now if this was Amazon I could get that credit in a heartbeat from a CS rep. I guess I'll wait another day or two and then contact them about this one.

The interesting part was that they made one payment to me for both boxes - just thought that was strange as you'd figure they would keep the transactions separate.

[quote name='io']I got paid late tonight for my 2 boxes that they said they got Monday and Tuesday.

One game is still showing "pending audit" - almost like they didn't even check it in. I know for sure I sent it. That's $24 I'm missing so I'm not pleased with that though I am relieved all the rest got paid out. Now if this was Amazon I could get that credit in a heartbeat from a CS rep. I guess I'll wait another day or two and then contact them about this one.

The interesting part was that they made one payment to me for both boxes - just thought that was strange as you'd figure they would keep the transactions separate.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Still waiting on mine that were received on Monday. I don't get why they'd exclude a game that was in a box with the others. Maybe they open multiple boxes at once and mix up the orders? But then again, you're supposed to include the packing slip

[quote name='Geco17']Good to hear. Still waiting on mine that were received on Monday. I don't get why they'd exclude a game that was in a box with the others. Maybe they open multiple boxes at once and mix up the orders? But then again, you're supposed to include the packing slip[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was 5 games in one order and I put the 5 games in a plastic bag with the packing slip wrapped around them. So there shouldn't have been any issue.

I just decided to contact Half.com right now and not wait any longer - in case they realize they have an extra game and maybe can place it with my order. Of course that assumes Half.com communicates with the processing people. But we'll see...

I just have one more box on the way to them and then I think I'm done for a while. It has been a decent program for me besides the stress of having no tracking info and reading all the horror stories here. Though had I not read about the rejections here I would have had a higher impression of them (depending on the outcome of my missing game).

[quote name='io']Yeah, it was 5 games in one order and I put the 5 games in a plastic bag with the packing slip wrapped around them. So there shouldn't have been any issue.

I just decided to contact Half.com right now and not wait any longer - in case they realize they have an extra game and maybe can place it with my order. Of course that assumes Half.com communicates with the processing people. But we'll see...

I just have one more box on the way to them and then I think I'm done for a while. It has been a decent program for me besides the stress of having no tracking info and reading all the horror stories here. Though had I not read about the rejections here I would have had a higher impression of them (depending on the outcome of my missing game).[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you. I hope they contact you, but from what other posters have said, just a crapshoot. And I agree. I think one box with a shipment of 7 is good enough for me. Definitely not worth the hassle for these. Did your order at least change from "Processing" to a different status for the ones that did complete?

So, I will give you guys an update on my most recent trade-ins to contrast the complaints I've been reading in this thread. I made two separate orders for the first BB Gaming Blowout. Before you criticize me for flips, I highly doubt anyone would've wanted these games anyways.

Order 1

:360:
Sims 3 Pets

:ps3:
NCAA Football 12
Warhammer 40k

:wii:
Madden NFL 12

:psp:
Madden NFL 12

I mailed this out Thursday the 28th, got a received email August 7, and the Paypal payment later that night. All were brand new sealed and accepted.

Order 2
:360:
Sims 3 Pets
Madden NFL 12

:ps3:
NCAA Football 12
Warhammer 40k
Madden NFL 12

:wii:
Madden NFL 12

:psp:
Madden NFL 12

I also mailed this out Thursday the 28th, got a received email August 8, and the Paypal payment late at night on the 9th. Once again, all were brand new and sealed BUT I got payment for everything except Sims Pets. It apparently got denied for a scratched disk, so I don't know if someone got too happy with a knife or they decided to deny it because the value was high and didn't want to tell me. I immediately sent them an email pointing out their FAQ says I should be emailed a picture of the supposed defect, and that I have pictures proving otherwise. We'll see if they respond.

tl;dr
2 limit max per game per platform, or more specifically 2 max per UPC. Sealed games seem okay since 11/12 sealed games accepted seems like a good acceptance rate. I dunno what's happening with you guys, but we'll see what they'll tell me, and what they'll do to everyone's trade in of the Michael Phelps game.

[quote name='Geco17']Good luck to you. I hope they contact you, but from what other posters have said, just a crapshoot. And I agree. I think one box with a shipment of 7 is good enough for me. Definitely not worth the hassle for these. Did your order at least change from "Processing" to a different status for the ones that did complete?[/QUOTE]

They currently say "Payment Processing" - but I had already gotten the payment by the time I said that. I think they go directly from "Processing" to "Payment Processing" when they pay out.

Half.com

Telephone Numbers:
1-800-545-9857
888-879-4253 ext 1

Spokesperson: Kristin Keyes, 610-680-4051
Hours: 800AM - 600PM EST

Someone said to also call Ebay. So here is the nuber just in case you want to do that

Ebay Phone Numbers:

(408) 558-7400
(408) 558-7401
1-800-322-9266
1-888-749-3229
1-408-376-6554 FAX

Spokesperson: Kevin Pursglove, 408-558-7458
Hours: 7:30AM - 5:30PM PT M-F
Employee's Extension: press 1
Dial by name directory: press 0
Customer Service: press 2
Operator: press 3

[quote name='kulaguy']
I also mailed this out Thursday the 28th, got a received email August 8, and the Paypal payment late at night on the 9th. Once again, all were brand new and sealed BUT I got payment for everything except Sims Pets. It apparently got denied for a scratched disk, so I don't know if someone got too happy with a knife or they decided to deny it because the value was high and didn't want to tell me. I immediately sent them an email pointing out their FAQ says I should be emailed a picture of the supposed defect, and that I have pictures proving otherwise. We'll see if they respond.
[/QUOTE]
Same situation with me for :360:Warhammer, sealed. Emailed them and got a canned response saying they will escalate my concerns to another department. While I'm waiting on that reply, I get an email saying they're returning the game. Check my account and this (View Image) is what they show for Reason:The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished. :roll:

[quote name='io']They currently say "Payment Processing" - but I had already gotten the payment by the time I said that. I think they go directly from "Processing" to "Payment Processing" when they pay out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help io, much appreciated

I sent in 2 Phelps and a friend of mine did as well. We opened them (not sure if that was a mistake or not) and went ahead and sent them in. Marked one as "Like New" and one as "Very Good" on both shipments, as well.

I'm willing to gamble $20 on A couple copies of Phelps. I decided to do everything in individual orders so they don't see 2x Phelps and 4x Rayman in a box and decide to smash some things.

[quote name='klimb22']Same situation with me for :360:Warhammer, sealed. Emailed them and got a canned response saying they will escalate my concerns to another department. While I'm waiting on that reply, I get an email saying they're returning the game. Check my account and this (View Image) is what they show for Reason:The Disk has scratches and could not be refurbished. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Who did you email? I just went through the CS link in the OP (Half.com support supposedly) and it ended up just going to general eBay support after I couldn't find a category for Instant Sale or whatever. That was yesterday and I haven't heard a thing since.

[quote name='io']Who did you email? I just went through the CS link in the OP (Half.com support supposedly) and it ended up just going to general eBay support after I couldn't find a category for Instant Sale or whatever. That was yesterday and I haven't heard a thing since.[/QUOTE]
Same route. Help-> Contact Us->1.Other->2.Other Questions->3.Contact Customer Support->No->Contact Customer Service. It took about a week for them to respond.

[quote name='klimb22']Same route. Help-> Contact Us->1.Other->2.Other Questions->3.Contact Customer Support->No->Contact Customer Service. It took about a week for them to respond.[/QUOTE]

#-o D'oh! A week? Well, OK then - I was getting anxious that I hadn't heard in a day. I guess it's good I contacted them immediately then.

Well 5th and final business day since Half.com has received my order and still no payment. Getting worried here.

EDIT: Credited at 3am CST

[quote name='Geco17']Well 5th and final business day since Half.com has received my order and still no payment. Getting worried here.

EDIT: Credited at 3am CST[/QUOTE]

Me too. Got my payment (for 3 separate orders) at the exact same time. Maybe they're only doing payments a couple times a week or something? Oh well. At least all 6 of my sealed games were accepted and remained in "like new" condition. That makes me feel a lot better about sending off another package.

Are the half.com coupon (codes/cards) redeemable on EBAY . This would make my year. I got some sucky games from bestbuy today !

[quote name='str8gamer23']Are the half.com coupon (codes/cards) redeemable on EBAY . This would make my year. I got some sucky games from bestbuy today ![/QUOTE]

Nope.

grabbed a copy of Rayman Origins for X360. it is on sale for $10 at BB, and i had a $5 reward cert. I will be trading it in for $32. not bad.

how does this work i am gonna ship a game and they give me a media mail label but i looked at media mail on usps site and it said you cant ship video games through media mail so how does everyone else ship there games if they dont use this

[quote name='shieryda']Half.com not letting continue to process my shipping label. Anyone else having similar issues?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just go to your "My Instant Sale" page.

[quote name='DiabloLives']how does this work i am gonna ship a game and they give me a media mail label but i looked at media mail on usps site and it said you cant ship video games through media mail so how does everyone else ship there games if they dont use this[/QUOTE]

By shipping it like that. They make you use that label.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']By shipping it like that. They make you use that label.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna respond to his post, but i like to encourage brain usage....

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Yes, just go to your "My Instant Sale" page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I had the same issue. Failed to print, gave me an error so I tried again. Same thing. Then I read your post and was able to cancel the secondary double order and print the label. Very crappy setup they have. All my items say "pending audit", is that just because they don't have them yet? Thanks

Has anyone noticed a slowdown in the payments for their trade-ins? I sent something in that was received last Wednesday, 8/8, and the payment is still processing as of 8/13. It used to be fairly quick (1-2 days) after they received the games. Just want to see if anyone else has noticed a slowdown. Thanks.

mailed in 5 games today. Got tracking on all of them (3 orders).

Estimated delivery is Saturday...boo. that means they wont get accepted till like Tuesday and not paid till next friday

[quote name='DiabloLives']how does this work i am gonna ship a game and they give me a media mail label but i looked at media mail on usps site and it said you cant ship video games through media mail so how does everyone else ship there games if they dont use this[/QUOTE]

I addressed this a few pages back in greater detail.

Yes, Media Mail means NO GAMES.

Yes, Half.com CS is aware of this (I've emailed them and they responded with "we are looking into it").

No, Half.com hasn't changed a thing.

My guess is that they are continuing with the practice because it saves them a couple of dimes per shipping label compared to Parcel Post rate and then can claim ignorance if/when the USPS flags it for improper use.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I addressed this a few pages back in greater detail.

Yes, Media Mail means NO GAMES.

Yes, Half.com CS is aware of this (I've emailed them and they responded with "we are looking into it").

No, Half.com hasn't changed a thing.

My guess is that they are continuing with the practice because it saves them a couple of dimes per shipping label compared to Parcel Post rate and then can claim ignorance if/when the USPS flags it for improper use.[/QUOTE]
Since they also accept books, among other "media", I chalk it up to the automated shipping label system that doesn't distinguish between video games, books, etc. Since their system is screwed up now and doesn't generate Parcel Post labels automatically after your confirmation, you can't even keep Half honest.

bread's done
Back