Half.com Instant Sale (Trade In Program)

I sent in my games 2 weeks ago. And they only are claiming to have received one package and that was last week.
Getting a bit scared now.

Trade ins expire 3 weeks from the submit date I heard.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again now. Since the company is half owned by the dickwad that runs NorScam I forsee a LOT of issues with people getting paid in full for stuff that they sent in in great shape and possibly receiving back stuff that's in beat up/destroyed shape compared to what they sent when it's rejected.

Unfortunately it would seem that there's no real way to complain about the issues with this company unlike Amazons' program, where you can at least call or chat with them directly and at least get a promotional credit issued.

I also got an email saying they received my shipment. 1 of 4 all sent the same day. At least it is something. And all were sent with tracking, but none have updated to delivered yet lol.

They've received my package as of today and it is pending audit. Hopefully, in a few days, I will receive payment and so will everyone else under audit....

They received my box of 8 games last week. This was a single order and I was paid for 5 of them on the night they were received. The other 3 have been sitting at Processing ever since the middle of last week. There is no rejection reason stated, so I don't think they have been rejected. Has anyone had this happen and still been paid for the remaining games after an extensive delay? It doesn't really make sense that they would make two partial payments for a single order, but then again a lot of things are strange with this program.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]My email to Half Late July

Hello My name is ********** or doc_j88

My email/paypal address is **********

I am emailing to ask a question in regards to my Instant buy-back with your company. I sent in a package on July 31st, 2012 Order Id : ******** which was recived by You on August 7th, 2012

The Game for the PS3 console Rayman Orgins Episode 1. The quote for the item in like new condition was $31.56.

The item was sent with another game (same package) and the other game has been Audited and processed and paid but not Rayman. Rayman Orgins which was in the same packasge though is still pending Audit and on top of that the game has been chsnged to Sleeping Dogs, A game that does not come out until August 14th, 2012.

If you enter the game's UPC: 008888346852

You get taken to Sleeping Dogs but with Rayman Orgins Episode 1 PS3 Item description. Maybe this is a glitch in the system and i wished to notify you of, and also ask about the Pending Audit for said UPC in Order Id : ********

Thanks for your help.

THEIR REPLY

[/FONT] Dear ******, [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Thank you for your email in regard to your instant sale on Half.com.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]I apologize for the delay in my response to you. We have experienced a high volume of emails and are trying our best to address them as efficiently as possible.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]After reviewing your email, I understand that you want to know the status of your item that you have sold through instant sale. I know the frustration you feel and I’ll be happy to help you with this matter.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Mitchell, first, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about this matter. Upon checking your account, I can confirm that one of your items under the order number ******** entitled “Sleeping Dogs” has a catalog correction. I apologize for the inconvenience about this matter. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]We’ve escalated your issue to our catalog team directly. They’ll review the information and will try to get this updated within the next 3-4 weeks. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Due to the nature of these requests, we’re not notified of when the update has been completed. This means we won’t be able to email you back once the catalog is updated. I recommend that you check our site for the update after 4 weeks. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]If it has been more than 4 weeks and there still isn’t an update, please reply to us after this timeframe with as much information as you can provide about your request, including the ISBN or UPC number of the item. We’ll be happy to resubmit that for you.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]I know that you really want to be paid for this item however, I’m sorry to inform you that these item would be sent back to you since we need to fix these issue on our catalog.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Again, I apologize for the inconvenience it may caused you and for not receiving your payment for the item you have sold.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]In summary, I have provided you the information that we have already escalated this issue to our catalog department and I also advise you that the item will be sent back to you.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Mitchell, we would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation of your patience and your prompt response to our e-mails.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Thank you for choosing Half.com.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Sincerely, [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Jean R.

[quote name='mabuhay13']They've received my package as of today and it is pending audit. Hopefully, in a few days, I will receive payment and so will everyone else under audit....[/QUOTE]
So you got an e-mail from Half today saying they received your package? If so, I'm curious as to when you mailed your package. Were you one of the people who added DC to Half's label or mailed directly to Evolutions? If the former, what was the delivered (to the post office) date? Just trying to see if they actually funded their account after last weekend. Thanks.

I got a RECEIVED email from them today also. The question is since they say my order had lapsed, will they still honor the values or ship it back to me? No word on my Rayman/Sleeping Dogs order yet.....

[quote name='egofed']I got a RECEIVED email from them today also. The question is since they say my order had lapsed, will they still honor the values or ship it back to me? No word on my Rayman/Sleeping Dogs order yet.....[/QUOTE]

It will be sent back to you.

See my post above

I had one of mine accepted today. It was dropped in the mail Saturday the 11th, about 8am. I uses the label that was printed from there website. So they must have funded there post office account. My real question is, I mailed to packages same exact day and time..... Wonder why only one was accepted?

[quote name='egofed']I got a RECEIVED email from them today also. The question is since they say my order had lapsed, will they still honor the values or ship it back to me? No word on my Rayman/Sleeping Dogs order yet.....[/QUOTE]
What is your order date? Does "lapsed" just come up after the valid ship date pasts and they haven't received it or was your order over 3 weeks old?

[quote name='kingwormer']I had one of mine accepted today. It was dropped in the mail Saturday the 11th, about 8am. I uses the label that was printed from there website. So they must have funded there post office account. My real question is, I mailed to packages same exact day and time..... Wonder why only one was accepted?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your info. We need more posts like yours with details instead of just "mine was received." That really doesn't help us figure anything out. I guess they are just digging through the mountain of packages and haven't got to your second package yet.

My order date was 07/25/12 and was shipped to them on 08/01/12. The email says it was received today, not paid.

[quote name='egofed']My order date was 07/25/12 and was shipped to them on 08/01/12. The email says it was received today, not paid.[/QUOTE]
Wow. Ok, so you did hit the 3 week mark, but it's their fault they didn't receive it sooner. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Keep us posted.

Mine was sent on the 7th and received today, but I also live in Indiana, so it's not too far from where they are at. That's not factoring in if it was being held at the PO like others.

Sent 2 packages on the 9th or 10th (don't remember to be honest), one was received but the other was not.

Still have 4 more separate packages en route.

A bit of an update and more info on my trades:
2 of my 4 orders have been received and are processing as of yesterday. Looks like I sent them a BB version of R&C, "unauthorized or incorrect edition." Oh well.

All 4 were sent on the 7th, with tracking. None of the tracking says delivered yet, all say they have departed the sort facility in Cincinnati, Ohio as of the 10th.

One of the 3 packages I sent has been delivered according to the USPS tracking, I sent two at the same time, so both are probably there, just hasn't been updated by the USPS. Other one was just sent last Friday.

I sent in three packages - one on 8/6 and two on 8/8. According to the Delivery Confirmation I put on the packages, the two from 8/8 were delivered on 8/14 and the one I shipped on 8/6 hasn't been delivered. The one I shipped on 8/6 I'm sure is at the Erlanger PO since it was processed through Cincinnati on 8/10. I have not gotten any "received" emails from Elovations/Half.com even though my two packages were delivered. I'm considering contacting them, but I don't want the packages to "mysteriously" end up as damaged (even though I sent in brand new, freshly-opened games). Not sure what to do at this point.

Looks like they updated the BB R&C, "returned," with tracking #, but the rest of that order still says processing.

Still 2 of 4 orders show received by half. I love how I paid for tracking at the PO, and they still all say they left Cincinnati on the 10th. I enjoy paying for services I don't receive :(

Same boat as the rest. Order dated 10th tracking shows received on 14th, but half showing not yet received. Imagine if we as ebay sellers pulled this.

It takes up to 2 weeks. And it seems they take their sweet time to check these in. I bet it gets there quick (3-7 days), and then another 4-7 on top for them to check it and mark it as "Processing"

One of my previously mentioned Phelps games has been switched to "Processing". The other still "Not Received". Both were sent on the same date (8/10).

Buddy of mine sent in 2 Phelps as well, those were accepted and payment is "Processing". He marked his as "Very Good" instead of "Like New" (they were both freshly opened) and they bumped him up to "Like New" condition on both games. Must be nice.

[quote name='jooksingjie']one of my orders just lapsed. mailed out within the 7 days but not received on their end. anyone have experience with this happening before?[/QUOTE]

One of mine is about to lapse in 2 days, the other in 3 days.
I'm scared :(

Also, if my order lapses, can I resubmit it or does it count towards the 2 per quarter limit?
I sent my games in on the 4th so this is fucked up.

One Phelps moved to processing. The other still shows its not even there yet. Both mailed same day. This company is retarded. I'd be happy just getting the other game back at this point as I feel they are keeping both, and only going to pay me for one.

Hey, be happy it is processing - means they acknowledged acceptance at least.

I have a package that will expire a week from today that still hasn't been marked received and I mailed it within a day or two of submitting it.

And then there's the one game out of 5 that never moved from "pending audit" even when the other 4 were paid. I contacted eBay about it and got two responses that basically said they were looking into it and to stay tuned. I just checked that transaction out and even though it has been over a month, that one game now shows "Processing". So maybe that's a good sign on that one, at least! Though I suppose it could still move to "expired" even after processing, so I won't get too excited until I get paid for it. But at the very least, it does seem like they have the power to keep a transaction open past 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into a problem yesterday sending out my last game. I had two open orders for Rayman Origins 360. I already sent off one, and when I went to print off the next label, I forgot which one I already printed. So there I am trying to remember which label I already used. I used the one I think I hadn't used, and printed off the other one and stuck it in the package with a note. Hope that doesn't cause a problem.

All of this has taught me one thing, USPS really sucks when it comes to delivery confirmation. One of my packages apparently wasn't even scanned past my local post office. Says it was to be delivered by the 18th, but doesn't show any progress since I sent it. So either it hasn't been scanned and updated, or something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

[quote name='Pookymeister']whats the url for the My Instant Sales page? There is no link on my main Half.com account page for some reason now...[/QUOTE]

The link is still there for me: https://account.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyAccountISaleSummary

I'm still waiting for acknowledgement that they've received 2 shipments from last week. The previous 3 arrived within a week so there is most certainly a delay. I don't mind waiting since the values are pretty good but it would be nice to know if anything has gone wrong.

[quote name='Clak']All of this has taught me one thing, USPS really sucks when it comes to delivery confirmation.[/QUOTE]

This. Lol. Half has at least admitted to receiving 2 of the 4 packages I sent them as of the middle of last week. According to the USPS? All 4 packages still reporting as departed from Cincinnati since the 10th.

[quote name='godsmack13']This. Lol. Half has at least admitted to receiving 2 of the 4 packages I sent them as of the middle of last week. According to the USPS? All 4 packages still reporting as departed from Cincinnati since the 10th.[/QUOTE]

Yet mine got all way to delivered. and still aint checked in, i am probably done after this

So one of my orders lapsed. The other 2 will soon follow suit. They have not acknowledged that they received 3 of 4 of the ones I sent. The one they acknowledged was marked as received 2 weeks ago (still not done processing).

What a fucking broken company

Just great. I'm expecting close to $300 from 2 shipments and they still haven't "received" them. Whatever the outcome, I'm done with them.

bread's done
Back