Half.com Problem with Buyer

jd302426

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Okay so a couple of weeks ago I sell a used Wii on half for 350, I ship it and today I get an e-mail from the buyer telling me this:

I recently purchased a Wii package from you for $374 incl shipping. It was advertised by you to have 4 controllers and 2 memory cards. It was only a basic package with 1 controller and no memory card. I could have bought that at Walmart for $274. I paid extra to get those extras. If this was a mistake I will give you a chance to fix it before going further. Please let me know.

When I listed the Wii the only comment I made was :Like New Wii!
So I wondered how the buyer could have gotten confused, he emails me again:

what comes with the product. It listed 4 controllers and 2 memories
cards. I read it twice to make sure of what I was getting. That is the
only reason I bought the system, otherwise I could have got it much
cheaper in a store. I'm am not trying to give you a hard time, but I know
what I read and the reason I bought it.

So I look at my listing and I think I know why this buyer got confused:

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ56833153QQtgZdetails

So what do you guys think?

oh man - yea - it does look like a misunderstanding but all on his part - realistically its no fault of yours. Im curious as to how Half would handle this - obviously he'd have to fabricate some story in order to return it though

I can see where he got confused. I mean, a smart person wouldve emailed you asking for more specifics, as there isn't really much given. But, yet again, a smart person knows how to comprehend the words he is reading before buying a product.

I would say you are clearly not at fault here. But, check more half.com listings to see if other Wii's are listed like that. If so, then take it from there.

Clearly explain to him what it all means. Because, judging by the link you posted, all you would have to send him is just the actual Nintendo Wii console, none of the stuff that came with it.

Not to sure how Half.com will handle this complaint though if its filed. If I were them, I would personally say you are at no wrong doing, but yet again, 3/4 of the people that work in the claims section at Ebay don't have a clue about anything.

Best of luck, keep us informed, im interested in how this turns out.

If I was the buyer I would have email you before I would even think about buying it from you just to see what it game with. It does say connections. It also says actual items for sale may vary from the above information and image.

fuck him/her. I don't buy that they could've bought the same bundle cheaper at Walmart. Reading is still fundamental now a days.

Hopefully if you refuse to take a return, Half.com will side with you since that information is provided by Half.com, be prepared for negative feedback though

Here is the thing though some people did contact me about controllers and other stuff, but I never really answered cause if I was going to include extra controllers wouldn't I put that in the comments section and when I did try to respond to someone Ebay blocked my communication.

So I got a last email from the buyer:

I don't know what happened but I know what I read. I am not angry, just disappointed. I am in Afghanistan right now and gave the system to my daughter for Christmas and she already has it, so nothing much to do now. I hope you have happy holidays.

Glad that this is most likely over.

[quote name='jd302426']So I got a last email from the buyer:

I don't know what happened but I know what I read. I am not angry, just disappointed. I am in Afghanistan right now and gave the system to my daughter for Christmas and she already has it, so nothing much to do now. I hope you have happy holidays.

Glad that this is most likely over.[/quote]

That is some Bull. Is he trying to guilt you?
lol.

How much was shipping to Afghanistan?

It was prob a Dad in the service, who came home for the holidays, and wanted to find his daughter a Wii, so in his haste, he didn't read and purchased it. Now he thinks he can return it just like a store.

No harm no foul, atleast you don't have to worry about it

bread's done
Back