Half-Girl, Half-Basketball

Chase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
qianbasketball02gk0.jpg

Here is a part of the article.

Qian Hongyan, who was forced to use half a basketball as her prosthetic body, has inspired millions recently with her ambition to compete as a swimmer in the 2012 Paralympics in London.

The 10 year-old was injured trajically in an auto accident when she was only 3 years old. To insure her survival, the doctors were forced to amputate her legs.

Qian’s family, living in Zhuangxia, China, was unable to afford modern prosthetics and instead used a half a basketball to get around on. Once on the ball she uses two wooden props to help her move around.

The article says she is missing her legs, though, in the photos, it looks like she's missing much more. If she is missing that much of her body, I had no idea a person could live without their digestive and waste disposal systems. :whistle2:k

In any event, it is quite amazing how she manages her life. I cannot imagine how hard it must be living in such a way. She is a strong little girl.

Wow.

That's just...Wow. I Can't even begin to imagine not having legs, let alone bottom half of my body consisting of a basketball. That's just goddamn insane.

No, I don't think she is missing much above the hip sockets, especially in terms of internal organs. Keep in mind, much of her lower torso is inside the basketball half, using as a wraparound skid between her and the ground.

It's rough but she appears to have adapted well. I know of similar stories. My sister-in-law's father was born without arms. His sister wrote a book about him a few years ago and had a short run printed.
http://www.amazon.com/My-Brother-Ed...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230637795&sr=1-1

[quote name='Chase']The article says she is missing her legs, though, in the photos, it looks like she's missing much more. If she is missing that much of her body, I had no idea a person could live without their digestive and waste disposal systems. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
... part of her body is in the basketball.

Fascinating.

BTW, they say she has prosthetic legs (there is a pic of her on them in the article), but she prefers the basketball when swimming.

She is stronger than I.

Cool, now I'm in on the ground story of the latest TLC/Discovery/Health Channel special, six months before it airs.

[quote name='Quillion']Needs a poll. "Would you hit it?"[/QUOTE]
Sick.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Sick.[/quote]
That should be one of the potential responses. And likely the one I would pick. It's odd to see a topic like this without said poll though.

[quote name='Quillion']It's odd to see a topic like this without said poll though.[/QUOTE]

So you're apparently so accustomed to websites with polls about whether or not you'd fuck any given child in a photograph, that you find it odd not to see one.

Go back to 4chan, because I'm pretty sure that's not the standard around here.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So you're apparently so accustomed to websites with polls about whether or not you'd fuck any given child in a photograph, that you find it odd not to see one.

Go back to 4chan, because I'm pretty sure that's not the standard around here.[/quote]
That's quite a bit of vitriol in response to what I thought was an off-color, and somewhat bad, joke. Will an apology sooth your sense of indignation? If so, then please consider the following a formal apology.

"CoffeeEdge, I most sincerely and irrevocably apologize for upsetting your sensibilities. My joke was tasteless and should be ignored in it's entirety."

Back to topic, I really do think it's awesome that she's overcome her disability with such a wonderful attitude, it's also monumentally impressive that lacking legs she is able to swim 2000 meters a day.

[quote name='Quillion']That's quite a bit of vitriol in response to what I thought was an off-color, and somewhat bad, joke. Will an apology sooth your sense of indignation? If so, then please consider the following a formal apology.

"CoffeeEdge, I most sincerely and irrevocably apologize for upsetting your sensibilities. My joke was tasteless and should be ignored in it's entirety."

Back to topic, I really do think it's awesome that she's overcome her disability with such a wonderful attitude, it's also monumentally impressive that lacking legs she is able to swim 2000 meters a day.[/quote]

Wow, just wow.

Not only are you a complete asshole for making a sex joke about a little 10 year old girl with no legs, but you try to string a few sensible words together to sound educated, and expect that it will vindicate you.

You, sir, are a complete jackass.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']Wow, just wow.

Not only are you a complete asshole for making a sex joke about a little 10 year old girl with no legs, but you try to string a few sensible words together to sound educated, and expect that it will vindicate you.

You, sir, are a complete jackass.[/quote]
Thanks! :)

bread's done
Back