Half Life 2 Aftermath (PC) $11.99 pre-order (free ship) @ buy.com

I wonder how much it'll be on Steam. Anyone who applies for the add-on (i.e. already has HL2), already has Steam.

[quote name='Vegan']I wonder how much it'll be on Steam. Anyone who applies for the add-on (i.e. already has HL2), already has Steam.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Steam seems to offer a few bucks off if you preorder stuff (at least thus far...DoD:S, RD Kung-Fu, and whatever that new game is coming out soon have all been discounted prior to release), but this could still be a better deal.

I guess I'll wait and probably regret it later.

Oh, and BTW...for those not in the know, don't expect this as a sequel or even much of an expansion pack. There's a reason it's only 15 bucks - it'll only take you a few hours to beat (if that). It's fine for me since that's what I'm expecting, but I can see posts from the uninitiated now "WTF IS THIS SHIT I BEAT IT IN AN AFTERNOON"

I'm just curious but when did Vavle give a price for Aftermath? And when did Valve say that this was going to be distributed in stores? I'm sure it would eventually happen but when did this come about?

And this price... this price is insanely low. Not even 3rd party games on steam like Rag Doll Kung Fu is 11.95.

With that said, everyone preorder this ish right now. Worst thing that could happen is that we never get the item, but if we do get Aftermath, I KNOW it's going to be the cheapest price available.

I read something in CGW where Valve said they'd be doing annual collections of these add-ons for retail (ie Aftermath and two more future add-ons would be released at B&M stores as one package), so I do kind of wonder what's up with this deal. Maybe plans changed, I dunno.

they said the expansions would be the same price as a trip to the movies, so this is about what I was expecting. As far as length, I think it is supposed to be about 6 hours from what I read

[quote name='megarust']I was pretty sure it was[/QUOTE]

I could have swore I read that in the latest interview, too. I'm skeptical.

Great price on Aftermath. I remember when they were planning on releasing it only on Steam, which really disapoined me.
But this is a great price. I look forward to picking it up.

I had heard it would be a steam only game too, maybe not. I was sure the $14.99 list price was a mistake, but it sounds like it may be correct. Does anyone have links where they talk about the price and or length of the game? Everything I have read made it sound like another full game.

If you go to the Valve website it's briefly discussed. A platinum collection will also be released with HL 1,2 and aftermath along with Couterstrike and the HL multiplayer mods. Retail around $60 I believe.

You have to remember that EA is now distributing Valve games in the stores. That means that EA will milk every dollar possible out of the games.

bread's done
Back