Half Price Books 50% Coupon, Today only!

saw FFXIII PS3 for $14.99, Elder Scrolls IV GOTY 360 for $7 before coupon. Got those already but I got Beatles Rock Band 360 after coupon for $2

[quote name='Squall835']You can ask them to hold things for you; they'll hold it for 7 days I believe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PapaSmerf']YMMV on that. They normally hold for 7 days, but sometimes they will not do so when the coupons are out or about to come out.

It's worth a shot though. I have been successful and denied when asking for a hold. The best outcomes for me have been when asking for a hold the Sunday before coupons start. I then come back the next Sunday for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

The hold policy varies from store to store. The one near me only holds for 72 hours, and other ones hold for 7 days, and another holds for 48 hours. It's going to be very YMMV with holding.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm pretty sure most HPBs have pretty generous return policies.[/QUOTE]

Their policy is amazing as long as the excuse is not "I didn't like it."

Apparently their policy can not return something that has been viewed or played. The idea behind this is because if it's a gift for someone, used or not, you still have a 7 day return policy for it.

I often see used PC games whose codes have been activated online and thus the physical media is worthless (Dead Island, Shogun 2, FEAR 2). Usually priced high, too.

[quote name='dfg']I often see used PC games whose codes have been activated online and thus the physical media is worthless (Dead Island, Shogun 2, FEAR 2). Usually priced high, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I stopped buying used PC games there after I bought one and it was worthless since the code was used and tied to someone's steam account. Both shady on the part of the person who sold it and clueless on the part of HPB for taking. It was no issue getting my money back, but with prices online so cheap nowadays no incentive to waste my time with the used stuff anymore.

YMMV pretty much. You're only supposed to be able to use the coupons ONCE per store per visit. I've had some stores allow multiple uses, but I think they've tightened up that policy pretty hard over the past year. If you have good friends, ask them to go with you so they can buy stuff for you/them.

I am going to call again and double check that there are no used Wii consoles in my area! If not I will still pick up a book or two!

Got a black Wii with a Motion Plus controller for $45 and Left for Dead 2 for $10!!!!!!!!!!

fist-pump-baby.jpg

I went in there today to check out what they had on Blu-ray. Man, what a joke. Their prices are like the same or even double what they can be found for at Best Buy or Amazon for new copies.

After spending a lot of time looking for something worthwhile, I realized that the 50% off coupon takes the prices on most items down to what you could find on amazon or ebay. So I ended up getting Gears of War 2 LE for $13 which is just an average deal.

I found some great stuff @ 2 HPB stores today! :D

Store 1:
-Slim PS2 (Black, older model) - $19.99 after coupon
-Slim PS2 (Silver, latest model) - $19.99 after coupon

Store 2:
-Resident Evil 5 Hardcover guide - $7.50 after coupon
-It's Always Sunny X-mas special Blu-Ray - $7.50 after coupon

At (store 1) I saw a boxed BC PS3 behind the counter on reserve for someone.....lucky!

Got Haven S1 for $11 and White Knight Chronicles for $5 both after coupon.
Did see a Wii for $75 and glad. Did not want another system.

Man you guys are lucky getting these deals (specifically the ps2s). No such stores down here in Florida
(didn't see any in South Florida or up here in North).

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Bought a PS3 80gb Backwards Compatible MGS4 system-$200, got it for $100
and got a wii for $50 in time for xenoblade[/QUOTE]
the gunmetal gray one? nice

Ninety minutes of looking around at the biggest store in Dallas and I walk out with a CD/DVD/Game cleaner for $5. Their stock of anything I'd be interested in was pretty grim. Sad.

[quote name='fortunado']Ninety minutes of looking around at the biggest store in Dallas and I walk out with a CD/DVD/Game cleaner for $5. Their stock of anything I'd be interested in was pretty grim. Sad.[/QUOTE]

The biggest one in Dallas sucked IMO the only time I went. A ton of overpriced stuff. Not a good game collection.

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']Got an XBOX (original) HALO's collector edition console for $25, and GameCube console w/ game boy player for $18.[/QUOTE]

Was this by chance at the Paradise Valley, AZ location?

No games I wanted at the store I went to so I ended up getting the first four seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm for $30.

They did have some systems in stock. Two original Xbox's, a Gamecube and a slim ps2.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The biggest one in Dallas sucked IMO the only time I went. A ton of overpriced stuff. Not a good game collection.[/QUOTE]

Oh I was about to go there today haha. I had an Xbox 360 on hold there. I probably should have released it lol

[quote name='Squarehard']Your store must be a treasure trove for stuff like that. :3[/QUOTE]
Had persona and persona 2 when I went there a few days earlier.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Oh I was about to go there today haha. I had an Xbox 360 on hold there. I probably should have released it lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah you should have...I asked about I and was told it was being held. $50 for a 360 would have been very nice.

bread's done
Back