Half Price Books 50% off One Item Sunday, 11/16 (In-store)

Ya these are great i picked up Arrested Developement season 2 for $12 and Scrubs Season 5 for $9

6 stores in my area so Sunday ill be busy

I'm trying to decide if I should wait til Sunday or go today- they have a really rare, valueable game. If I go Sunday, I would save $5 and have to go straight from work but someone else may have bought it by then, hmmm.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I'm trying to decide if I should wait til Sunday or go today- they have a really rare, valueable game. If I go Sunday, I would save $5 and have to go straight from work but someone else may have bought it by then, hmmm.[/quote]

Depends on the value. If its that valuable, it may not be worth the risk of saving 5 bucks.

[quote name='fart_bubble']wish I had one of these closer than having to go up to Milwaukee[/quote]

Man, your username always makes me want to puke!!! :applause: :lol:

[quote name='evilmrhenry']Last time I checked, HPB coupons have a serial number embedded in the barcode, so these coupons may not work.[/quote]

Last time I went to HPB, the coupon worked... multiple times. Also, I got the same email about this coupon, and the serial bars look the same.

Is there a way to isolate JUST the Sunday 50% off coupon? I will only go on sunday so thats the only good one for me, no need to waste ink. Thanks to anyone who helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ravenous']Is there a way to isolate JUST the Sunday 50% off coupon? I will only go on sunday so that the only good one for me, no need to waste inkl. Thanks to anyone who helps.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[quote name='JPEncarnac']has anybody ran into problems using the 50% off because i know it says do not copy,etc.?[/quote]

Did you run into any problems?

[quote name='JPEncarnac']Yeah they looked at the coupon and said they wouldn't take it because it said that.[/QUOTE]

it's a coupon i received from half price books via e-mail, so i'm not exactly sure how they could tell it was a copy.

[quote name='JPEncarnac']Yeah they looked at the coupon and said they wouldn't take it because it said that.[/quote]

Well, that's odd. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the barcodes seem to be all the same... not mention that this is emailed to people... so it HAS to be printed. I would go back and explain this.

I think i figured out why they didn't take it. I made the stupid mistake of not cutting it out and just gave them the whole page. And it shows the image shack url at the bottom. oh well.

[quote name='JPEncarnac']I think i figured out why they didn't take it. I made the stupid mistake of not cutting it out and just gave them the whole page. And it shows the image shack url at the bottom. oh well.[/quote]

That makes sense b/c I just got back from using this coupon at HPB. The guy took it with no hesitation; I had torn the coupon out by hand.

Sorry for the lateness on this, but as an ex-employee of HPB, I can assure you there's no unique identifier on the coupons. In fact, the ones I received in my email for this sale had no bar code at all. I can also tell you, just for future reference, the company is pretty lax about adhering to the "do not copy" rule. I mean, as long as it isn't obvious (like an imageshack url on the bottom, LOL.) At my store, it was the customer is always right, to a fault, like when people were blatantly abusing the returns policy and things like that.

bread's done
Back