Half price games at Best Buy YMMV

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!
Hey guys was in BB in Prattville AL the other day and noticed they had a bin with half off PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PSP and WII games at half off.
Xbox had like Universe at War, Beijing Olympics, Smackdown 08, Lost Planet and a few others.
Diddnt look at the Wii games.
Heres the kicker though. For PS3 they had Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero WT, Fallout 3 and various others.

I cant recall alot of the games but im pretty sure this is extremely YMMV....seeing as how the other BBs around here dont have the same sale but i figured id pass it on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darrenf619']Half price USED or NEW?[/quote]

I guess the real question here, in addition to that, is.. is this BlockBuster or Best Buy? That question should answer the one above..

They had a similar sale last year some time. I seem to recall that it eventually made its way into most stores, but the timing was very YMMV, so just because it's not at yours when you check, doesn't mean that it won't be at a later date.

Saw this today at the Best Buy in Brighton, MI. Got Warriors Orochi and Parappa the rapper on PSP for 9.99 and 7.49 each. Some good deals on all consoles.

Saw on 360: Space Chimps (25% off, so in the end it would come at 7.49), Tony Hawk Proving Ground (50% off, so 9.99 total).
Other 360/PS3 games were Golden Compass, Viking, Blitz The League, Conan, NBA Ballers, Hail to the Chimp, Iron Man, Hellboy, Spiderman Friend or Foe, Madden 09 Special edition, some miscellaneous sports games. Most would come out at the 20-15 dollar range. Most of the ones I mentioned are so-so games but you might find something there. The sign said "buy one other game or accessory, and get the 25 or 50% discount" but he just gave it to me straight out. Rock Band 2 was in the pile, but never checked if it had the 50% off, should have tried now that I saw this thread.

Edit: Just remembered. They also had Resistance 2 collectors edition and Quantum of Solace on this YMMV sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BestBuy in Marina, CA had the same thing. Not as good selection on the PS3 though.

Picked up Universe at War for $15. Can't recall everything else they had.

ive seen the fallout 3 CE for xbox360 at 40% off the sticker price of $59.99,as well as madden 09 CE,disgaea 3,brother's in arms HH CE & eternal sonata for the ps3 all 40% off

You always have to be careful with those bins as sometimes people will through random games in there hoping to claim they pulled it out of there or just being lazy and not returning it to the shelf when they decide not to buy something at full price.

I remember seeing this at the Best Buy in Mechanicsburg, PA but most of the games were craptacular, bunch of wrestling games and a couple children's games.

Best Buy in Maple Grove, MN had some half price guides (MGS4, FarCry 2, Resistance 2) and Tom Clancy: Endwar for PS3 with headset for 50% off. Did not have much time to check thing out.

bread's done
Back