Halo 2 "Free" with 5 game trade at EB

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Still 4 if you do trade them in at the stores... I think[/quote]

But the stores now have a list of restrictions for trade-ins that cover anything that people might actually consider trading in, where the website, as of right now, still has a pretty leniant stance.

Yeah I've been hearing about that.....my local EB is still real leniant about it though. I've done the instore trade 3 times and with some pretty craptacular games (i.e. Whirl Tour and Turok Evolution). I suppose it's all about YMMV in the end.

[quote name='StealthGear'][quote name='juicedup1']What a rip off![/quote]

I agree.[/quote]

It can be a ripoff, but it all depends on the games you trade in, when it was 4 games for ninja gaiden i paid about $5 each for the 4 games I traded in, all of which would not have been accepted in store. They probably got a lot of orders like mine and figured it was time to up the ante on how many games were to be traded in. It is still possible to get a deal from it, but there are fewer games you can use now. I.E. trading 5 $10 games doesn't pay off, where as 4 $10 games still saved you $10 with the old deal. But there was a $4 game on the front page today, and if you can find 5 games at prices close to the $5 mark (which is getting harder it seems), it definitely makes the trade worthwhile.

Considering how much profit EB makes out of such a transaction (and how much money you essentially lose), I can't understand why anyone would think it's a square deal.

[quote name='wookieballz']Considering how much profit EB makes out of such a transaction (and how much money you essentially lose), I can't understand why anyone would think it's a square deal.[/quote]

Would anyone else have given me $50 for Haven, Gungrave, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk 3?

[quote name='zzl365'][quote name='wookieballz']Considering how much profit EB makes out of such a transaction (and how much money you essentially lose), I can't understand why anyone would think it's a square deal.[/quote]

Would anyone else have given me $50 for Haven, Gungrave, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk 3?[/quote]

They will sell them for over 50

who cares what they do with them? it's a good deal, even when it's 5 games. after shipping and everything, you pay about $32 or so (depending how cheap you got the games, and shipping etc), so that's about a $20 profit for your troubles. i think it's worth it for me. now, whether EB rips off some poor joe because he doesn't realize he could get those games for cheaper somewhere else doesn't concern me. those who put the effort in should get the good deals

[quote name='"kroadmeister"'][quote name='"zzl365"'][quote name='wookieballz']Considering how much profit EB makes out of such a transaction (and how much money you essentially lose), I can't understand why anyone would think it's a square deal.[/quote]

Would anyone else have given me $50 for Haven, Gungrave, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk 3?

They will sell them for over 50

They will charge over 50 for them, true (although if you look up the games on EBgames.com they barely add up to over 50 and some of them are new). They will sell them for over 50, maybe, but I doubt it. They might not sell them at all. I bought the 4 games for $20 total so why would someone pay two and a half times what I paid. All in all I paid $20 for Ninja Gaiden (or any other game I had wanted for that matter), I over doubled my money (not to mention the $10 gift voucher I'm getting on top of that). How is that not a good deal. If they had a you pick whatever game you want for $20 or $30 or even $35 people would think the deal was great, yes, this deal is more legwork, but it pays off in the end.

P.S. No one buys Haven for more than $10

"Would anyone else have given me $50 for Haven, Gungrave, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk 3?"

A better question would be, how big is the difference between what you paid for all of those games, what they paid you for all of those games, and how much money they'll make from all of those games after they've sold them to someone else?

You may think you got a good deal out of this...but the fact of the matter is, unless you paid a total of $50 for all of those games, you got shafted.

Just because you got the best deal doesn't mean you got a good one.

[quote name='wookieballz']"Would anyone else have given me $50 for Haven, Gungrave, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk 3?"

A better question would be, how big is the difference between what you paid for all of those games, what they paid you for all of those games, and how much money they'll make from all of those games after they've sold them to someone else?

You may think you got a good deal out of this...but the fact of the matter is, unless you paid a total of $50 for all of those games, you got shafted.

Just because you got the best deal doesn't mean you got a good one.[/quote]

I paid a total of $20 for all of those games, I thought I made that clear. I bought them the week after XMas 2003 for $5 a piece.... soo I paid $20 they gave me 50...Net profit $30, and I doubt I couldve gotten much more than 10 a piece on EBay, so I got a good deal

~zzl

I missed that post. Yes, you got quite a good deal.

But what you described was a rare exception. Under normal circumstances (ie: buying games without consulting CAG first), trade-in deals are things consumers should avoid.

[quote name='wookieballz']~zzl

I missed that post. Yes, you got quite a good deal.

But what you described was a rare exception. Under normal circumstances (ie: buying games without consulting CAG first), trade-in deals are things consumers should avoid.[/quote]

Yeah, and that's definitely true, buying games for more than 10 a pop doesn't really make the deal worthwhile, but checking this site everyday helped me to get some cheap games that all happened to not be that great so I figure, hey, why not turn these games into something I want. That's what's so great about CAG, even getting some crappy $5 games can turn into a decent deal, and getting a gem of a $5 or $10 game is an even better deal. :D

"That's what's so great about CAG, even getting some crappy $5 games can turn into a decent deal..."

Amen to THAT. ;)

bread's done
Back