Halo 2 & Gears of War - When are maps going to be free?

soccerstud652

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
I have heard a lot of conflicting rumors on this isssue.

Just for the record, I actually bought the Halo 2 map pack on day one, (no glitch, used real money), and it actually caused my system to stop working. The av output got all screwed up and then the screen just went black; purley because there was a glitch in the original download. I called up MS and they refunded my credit card. Luckily I have the Beat Buy 2 year plan so I went the next day and got a brand new 360 with no hassle.

Now, back to the issue. When are the Halo 2 maps and The Gears of War maps going to be free to download?

Thanks for the help CAG's. :lol:

EDIT HERE ARE THE DATES FOR FREE DOWNLOADS:

Halo 2 Blastacular Map Pack - 7/7/07

Gear of War '[SIZE=-1]Hidden Fronts' Multiplayer Map Pack 2 - 9/3/07
[/SIZE]

The H2 maps are supposed to be free the first week of July. I'm betting money that that's the very least they'll do tomorrow, 7/7/07. Something will happen tomorrow with Bungie, I just hope it's not related to that ARG.

[quote name='Mister Switch']seriously, you couldnt just google up a credible source instead of listening to rumors or starting a thread about it?[/quote]

SERIOUSLLY...did you read my first post? I said I have heard RUMORS and I want the FACTS! There is no hard information on google yet, so that is why I asked here.

DO ME A FAVOR...don't flame my thread.

[quote name='soccerstud652']SERIOUSLLY...did you read my first post? I said I have heard RUMORS and I want the FACTS! There is no hard information on google yet, so that is why I asked here.

DO ME A FAVOR...don't flame my thread.[/QUOTE]

As an added gift, Bungie will also make the Blastacular Map Pack for Halo 2 free to download for everyone. This falls in line with previous map packs which at first cost money and were then given away to the entire community. However, the update hinted Halo 3 map packs may not follow this precedent and they may never go free. Within the next few weeks, Bungie has also said it will incorporate the Blastacular maps into matchmaking.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/802/802193p1.html

The pack includes four new multiplayer maps and will initially set you back 800 Microsoft Points, although all four maps will be available for free beginning September 3.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784752p1.html

A simple search at IGN reveals all :)

damn, I just bought the Halo 2 maps a couple weeks ago....and haven't played since >_

[quote name='mick16']I'm downloading them now (slowly but its downloading). It said Free when I logged in.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm, too. They are free and slow to download.

Whoa, I love that icon m3talst0rm. That game ROCKED! I remember when I told my cousin to rent it, then we went back to his house and I played it and didn't let him touch it. That was pretty mean but I sure did have fun with Metal Storm.

About time the Halo 2 maps came to nothing. I'll jump on for a night or two just to check them out...and then hope to not catch that bug ever again.

[quote name='rywateska']About time the Halo 2 maps came to nothing. I'll jump on for a night or two just to check them out...and then hope to not catch that bug ever again.[/quote]

That bug was the one that cost me my first 360...I think MS confirmed that they changed the dl so that there will be no more glitch.

[quote name='porieux']The Bungie Day theme is ass...WTF are they thinking??[/quote]

Microsoft is thinking that they aren't going to let Bungie give away Halo 3 gamerpics/themes when they're the best selling shit on the marketplace.

bread's done
Back