Halo 2 LE scratched! :-(

abreed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well I picked up my LE version of the game, come home, open it up carefully, remove the game disc to notice the moronic packaging! Looking at the underbelly of the gaming disc I discover hairline scratches. Form what I can tell the game plays fine, but the point is I just dished out $54.99 for a brand-new game, and it has scratches. Does anyone know a phone number I can call to ask for a replacement, without having to send my copy first. I have already tried to return it to Best Buy, but they said they are out of the LE's and that they legally can't switch the game from the LE and give me the game disc of the regular one (even though I believe they are exact in every manner). Please help!

I'd be callin' up Microsoft or Bungie. They spent more to have nicer packaging but cut corners by packing the cases on top of them, which was a DUMB idea.

STOP WITH THE MOTHER FUGGING HALO 2 THREADS AND STUPID LITTLE THINGS LIKE YOUR LE EDITION BLAH BLAH IS SCRATCHED!!! AHH!! next halo 2 post about some darn kid whining and crying about their scratched "limited edition" halo 2, or anything halo 2 will get their halo 2 shoved up their mommy daddy button.

edit: just stop bitching about stupid stuff like that and spaming the forums with nonsense about halo2. we have enough of it, and theres a topic already made for HALO 2. way to many.

Read the warranty in the back of the manual. It says all warranty exchanges (within 90 days of purchase) are done at the retailer, and at their discretion they can choose to reimburse you for the damages if they cannot provide a replacement. Otherwise you'll have to wait for more LEs to come in. Maybe try another Best Buy?

[quote name='mousin']STOP WITH THE MOTHER FUGGING HALO 2 THREADS AND STUPID LITTLE THINGS LIKE YOUR LE EDITION BLAH BLAH IS SCRATCHED!!! AHH!! next halo 2 post about some darn kid whining and crying about their scratched "limited edition" halo 2, or anything halo 2 will get their halo 2 shoved up their mommy daddy button.

edit: just stop bitching about stupid stuff like that and spaming the forums with nonsense about halo2. we have enough of it, and theres a topic already made for HALO 2. way to many.[/quote]

Don't be a dick. If it was about Halo 2 hype, that response could've been warranted, but his issue is also one of mine. They were cheap regarding packaging and placing two CD's on one spindle is just asking for trouble.

Return it if its that bad. But don't wait to return it.

My EB made a killing on the $3 free replacement for 1 year thing they do by pointing this out to every customer. Nice little profit there for them.

[quote name='zewone']I thought putting the game on top of the DVD was moronic. If your going to do that, at least put the DVD on top of the game because I don't care about Bungie's picnics. and wouldn't mind a whole lot if it got scratched.[/quote]

Aaaaaaaand how!

my non-LE copy of halo 2
s disc had scratches all underneath the top layer, its the first time i ever seen anything like that. bungie got really lazy on the packing. but who can blame them, they had to produce 2 million of these.

Let me know if things don't work out. I got scammed into buying the $3 replacement warranty at EB for my LE. Wouldn’t have a problem trading your scratched copy in for a new one if you pay the shipping charges.

Yea same with my Limited Edition i took it back cuz there were numerous hairline scratches, about 40 of them. Then i got another one and it's still scratched but not as bad so i said screew it.

[quote name='dafoomie']Return it if its that bad. But don't wait to return it.

My EB made a killing on the $3 free replacement for 1 year thing they do by pointing this out to every customer. Nice little profit there for them.[/quote]

Never even knew they had something like that until now. Employees already push the warranty plans for their electronics like crack and now this? Maybe they created it to scam people just for Halo 2? haha

[quote name='mousin']STOP WITH THE MOTHER FUGGING HALO 2 THREADS AND STUPID LITTLE THINGS LIKE YOUR LE EDITION BLAH BLAH IS SCRATCHED!!! AHH!! next halo 2 post about some darn kid whining and crying about their scratched "limited edition" halo 2, or anything halo 2 will get their halo 2 shoved up their mommy daddy button.

edit: just stop bitching about stupid stuff like that and spaming the forums with nonsense about halo2. we have enough of it, and theres a topic already made for HALO 2. way to many.[/quote]

this isn't a thread about the hype. op's complaint is valid b/c he received a damaged product. it's comparable to you buying a brand new stereo with a dented speaker that still works. wouldn't you be pissed? even if the speaker was working, i'm sure you'd still be pissed.

Only problem I had with the LE was the tin case had a scratch on it, even with the plastic sleeve and all. Thankfully the discs inside were fine.

My disc was scratched too on the LE. returned it to EB the next day for a new, non scratched LE.

The $3 replacement fee is for after 14 days (what the clerk said)

I had a scratched LE but I got mine from Gamerush and went back yesterday and was able to exchange the game disk with one of their rental copies that was still in stock. I looked at the last four unrented copies and found one that looked pretty good so it was ok. Many of their rental copies were also scratched so it seems Bungie had some troubles with the plant they used to manufacture the game disks.

But oddly enough... the 'extra' disc was scratched.

And, yeah, STUPID packaging... at least they could have put the extra disc in a sleeve. Idiots!

Im also disapointed by how in the LE case the disks sit on top of each other. We have to hope that movie studios dont see the Halo 2 case and decide to stack disks to save some money.

they should package two disc games like PS2 games, the game in the normal spot, with a hinge disc holder connected to the spine.

Stacking the discs wasn't the greatest idea in the world, but if they would have put the bonus disc in a paper sleeve, people would have bitched about that too saying that they should have put a second disc holder in there. Then others would have a problem with this for some odd reason. They can't win.

Mine isnt scratched, but the cutscenes are messed up. The graphics get all jagged and the framerate is inconsistent. EB Games will replace it because it is defective right? I just need to call and see if they have it in stock before I go all the way out there again

[quote name='Trakan']Stacking the discs wasn't the greatest idea in the world, but if they would have put the bonus disc in a paper sleeve, people would have bitched about that too saying that they should have put a second disc holder in there. Then others would have a problem with this for some odd reason. They can't win.[/quote]

That would be fine by me because then my game disc wouldnt have been scratched. :D Also what happens too all the games that get returned because of scratches??? Will Bungie be losing money on them???

[quote name='unctennis122']Mine isnt scratched, but the cutscenes are messed up. The graphics get all jagged and the framerate is inconsistent. EB Games will replace it because it is defective right? I just need to call and see if they have it in stock before I go all the way out there again[/quote]

This seems to be a problem with the game itself and not your copy. Many people have posted on here with this exact same problem, scratches or not. Disappearing textures, characters just appearing out of no-where, etc.

So, they have two discs stuffed onto a normal spindle? Or is the spindle a bit longer at least? Unbelievable, and it's not like this bonus disc was a last second after thought, they had plenty of time to work out good packaging.

Even if the discs aren't scratched it doesn't leave you with a good place to store the bonus DVD. I don't think I'd want to store them on top of each other like they come.

[quote name='wubb']So, they have two discs stuffed onto a normal spindle? Or is the spindle a bit longer at least?[/quote]

Yeah, the spindle is a bit taller than normal. And, to it's credit, the discs stay a good distance from eachother. Still, this is far from the ideal. I've already just put the bonus DVD in a seperate case.

Oh, so they each kind of click into place with a little space between each?

It sounds like they did give some thought to it then, but unfortunately missed the mark.

[quote name='wubb']Oh, so they each kind of click into place with a little space between each?

It sounds like they did give some thought to it then, but unfortunately missed the mark.[/quote]

When I opened mine up, the game DVD was on the top of a longer spindle than normal. Lifting it up from the spindle revealed the bonus DVD underneath, with about 1/2" of air separating the two.

They should have done it with something like the double CD slimcase, where the CD holder rotates around the spine and has the bonus DVD underneath. Either that, or since it's a double DVD case in size, put the manuals and the like in the middle and put a DVD on either side of the case.

Good idea in theory, crappy execution. And makes me think I'm going to inspect both DVD's very closely this evening and make sure they're both OK. I've had a couple of slowdowns, but I'd think it's my XBox and not the game, or all the action on-screen. :D No graphical fsck-ups as some people have complained about.

Mine was scratched, too. I was playing and got to a cutscene when a message popped up on the screen saying "problem with game disc, either it's dirty or scratched" or something like that. it cleaned the disc and put it back in, luckily it worked okay.

But, we all paid good money for this fancy case and extra content, not at the expense of the actual game. No excuse for this. Like one poster said, they had plenty of time to work this out. the game rocks, tho!

bread's done
Back