Halo 2 Now On Retail Site!!

deathcabforcutie

CAGiversary!
halo 2 is now offically available on the retail site.. if you are eligible, you know the link.. enjoy!! :)

**please dont abuse the program**

This is why we avoid posts about the retail site.

If you know what it is, go buy it, if you don't, you don't work for a certain type of store.. move along :)

http://www.microsoft.com/retail/default.mspx

it seems to be some kind of site that you can get games for answering questions. from the little that i read, you HAVE to work in the retail industry and peddle Microsoft products. They verify employment. Wonderful program if you have that type of job...Hell, I'm doing the math right now to see if it would be worth picking up a part time gig just to use this site.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan']how cheap are the games if you use the program?[/quote]

$8.95 shipped for me.[/quote]

:shock:

To Microsoft: [force persuade]I am a retail employee with one of your approved companies.[/end force persuade]

[Unsuccessful]

Do you get every video game using this method, or are you limited to how often the service can be accessed?

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='gaelan']how cheap are the games if you use the program?[/quote]

$8.95 shipped for me.[/quote]

:shock:

To Microsoft: [force persuade]I am a retail employee with one of your approved companies.[/end force persuade]

[Unsuccessful]

Do you get every video game using this method, or are you limited to how often the service can be accessed?[/quote]

Only Microsoft 1st party games like Project Gotham/Halo/Halo 2/Mechassault. Actually PSO is on there and its made by Sega, but mostly only 1st party games. Its a nice incentive for working retail.

Would anyone who is retail be able to order extra copies for cheap sale on here or trades perhaps? If not that's fine, but I was just wondrin'.

[quote name='bil4l']Would anyone who is retail be able to order extra copies for cheap sale on here or trades perhaps? If not that's fine, but I was just wondrin'.[/quote]

You can only order one copy of a game now.

LOL Wow and here my friend is still slowing going through the game after standing in line with me in the freezing cold the day before it came out. He'll get a kick out of this.

Yeah, it's an awesome site. I've ordered like 10 games off of there. I'm still waiting on Mech Assault 2 before I place my order for my third copy of Halo 2.

Yea, i saw that today.......
I ordered

Halo 2
Blinx The Time Sweeper
Blinx 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
&
Fable

a total of $$26.57
Not bad for all those games!

Is mechassault 2 going to be in the shop??? When do think it will be availible??? I could have waited, but.....i didnt want to!

[quote name='stocker08']Is mechassault 2 going to be in the shop??? When do think it will be availible??? I could have waited, but.....i didnt want to![/quote]

1. Yes
2. Noone knows unfortunately; my guess of "same day as Halo 2" was obviously wrong

yea, i was hoping it would have been in the shop by the time that halo 2 was, but i was wrong..........it is a new game so, i guess give it a month or soooo

They finally put some stock up, almost everythiing has been out. I won Fable for free off of it, no shipping or anything.

I have a friend who does not work retail, got on and did all the tests (hours), ordered everything he could and got snagged... they wouldn't even give him a refund and they threantened him with legal action if he tried it again.

My third order they called my old boss and he said I still worked there, I was surpirsed that they verified but the MS rep said they got a huge increase in registered users and eventually everyone would be confirmed.

As far as the games being posted, the MS rep said they may do the Halo thing more often and may start using games that are marked not for resale.

Hey, I see one of the eligible stores is Target. Say someone worked for Target, but in the corporate offices, are they still eligible?

[quote name='Agent_logan']They finally put some stock up, almost everythiing has been out. I won Fable for free off of it, no shipping or anything.

I have a friend who does not work retail, got on and did all the tests (hours), ordered everything he could and got snagged... they wouldn't even give him a refund and they threantened him with legal action if he tried it again.

My third order they called my old boss and he said I still worked there, I was surpirsed that they verified but the MS rep said they got a huge increase in registered users and eventually everyone would be confirmed.[/quote]

Wow, I'm surprised he got snagged. I've read about a LOT of people doing it and getting away with it. I think FW may even have a few of those people on there. Of course.....I guess it just depends how good of a check MS feels like doing.

Glad to see MechAssault 2 is coming eventually.

Wow, I'm surprised he got snagged. I've read about a LOT of people doing it and getting away with it. I think FW may even have a few of those people on there. Of course.....I guess it just depends how good of a check MS feels like doing.

Glad to see MechAssault 2 is coming eventually.

They're really starting to crack down on people abusing the system.

I had ordered off of the mobile training site before, and on my most recent order, they had to have a paystub faxed to them before they would process the order. I'm glad that they're just tightening the control over this a little rather than just shutting it down due to abuse.

At a MS seminar last summer, where they gave out copies of Office 2003 at the end, the rep from MS said that they even have people who spend a good portion of their day surfing around ebay and other auction sites looking for Not for Resale copies of their stuff. Now THAT would be a fun job!

bread's done
Back