Halo 2 PC

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Anyone still play Halo 2 on PC? How's the online community for it? I ordered it today from amazon and was just wondering how the online play is (if there's still an active community for it). Just got W7 so hope there isn't any problems installing it :)

Last time I played it was about a couple months ago, back when it was released it was striving, and you can still probably find some full servers, but the most popular servers are the 24/7 Coagulation or sniping servers.

I really, really miss Halo 2. So many good times.

Thanks. I'm getting it in Wednesday afternoon and have Halo (the original) coming in later this week to. Kinda bored of console games so going the old school route...and enjoy the campaign on pc+cheevos. Even got me a wired 360 controller and it's ready to go :)

[quote name='SEH']Bored with console games, so you got Halo 2 to play on your PC with a controller?

O...kay?[/QUOTE]

Not to mention he said old school...:nottalking:

Uh yeah, you do realize there are several Halo games right? So me playing the 1st & 2nd games is old school to me especially since a majority of halo fans are playing mainly the latest halo game. What does it matter if I use a controller or keyboard & mouse? It's still the same game.

By the way, I haven't found any interesting console games to play for awhile so I'm going to try out older games but on the pc.

I said what I said because 1.) Halo is a console game, and 2.) using a controller makes it pretty much feel like you're playing on an Xbox anyway, so what's the point of even playing the games on the PC?

Also, Halo is not "old school". The first game isn't even a decade old yet.

Halo is not just a console game. The original came out on MAC/PC and Halo 2 came out for Windows Vista. If I use a controller or keyboard and mouse, what does it matter? It's still the same game get it through your head. By the way, it's over xbox live so it is kinda like playing on the xbox anyways. Do remember, you can't play halo 2 online anymore anyways and this is the only way to do it. Also, as I stated I wanna play the campaign as well.

The first game is going on a decade old. If you really wanna define old school, we'll take it to the doom, quake, wolfenstein and many other games that are old school days then. Only 1 person was able to even answer my original question and give helpful information. What's wrong with playing a controller on a pc? It was done for a reason. There's halo 2, shadowrun and other gfwl that allow it and serves its purpose. It's not like i'm trying to play diablo, wow or other games with the controller.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Halo is not just a console game. The original came out on MAC/PC and Halo 2 came out for Windows Vista.[/QUOTE]

Taken from Wikipedia:

Originally developed as a real-time strategy game for the Apple Macintosh platform, Halo: Combat Evolved went through several iterations before arriving at the console first person shooter for which it is recognized.[12] When the developers, Bungie, were bought by Microsoft in 2001, the game was rapidly finished and became an Xbox launch title and platform exclusive.[13] Released on November 15, 2001, the Xbox version of Halo: Combat Evolved is the first Halo video game. A Windows and Mac OS X port was later developed by Gearbox Software, and released on September 30 and November 11, 2003 respectively.[19][20] A stand-alone expansion, entitled Halo: Custom Edition, was released as a Windows exclusive, and allowed players to create custom content for the game.

Halo was first released on Xbox then onto PC and Mac.

Yes, it was on xbox but also pc/mac and I played on both xbox and pc. As for skipping it, why? I've seen people say the graphics are outdated but i'm not really expecting 1080p HD or anything high. I'm going to give it a try anyways. I've got a pretty decent computer and am glad to be able to play the campaign again, earn cheevos and even play the game online with other people.

Any other GFWL games you all recommend? I was thinking of shadowrun but heard there is a very small community left for it and it's only for those who are hardcore fans.

I tried to play this on Vista but was never able to get it to work. I had some C++ files that were bad and someone from Microsoft had to take over my computer and put them back on. After that I could not use my windows live ID. They just told me make a new one. I gave up on the game. I would still like to play it but I hate the emulation of 2 on the 360.

Just tried it awhile ago, installed fine and played very well. I'm on an iMac but ran bootcamp and put w7 ultimate and its all fine. By the way, I ordered the game on amazon and got a UK version of the game but it works fine kinda weird they'd send me that.

Any other Games For Windows Live games you recommend?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Just tried it awhile ago, installed fine and played very well. I'm on an iMac but ran bootcamp and put w7 ultimate and its all fine. By the way, I ordered the game on amazon and got a UK version of the game but it works fine kinda weird they'd send me that.

Any other Games For Windows Live games you recommend?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I must chime in here. Using a controller while having the option for a mouse and keyboard. Then playing it on an iMac? This thread is full of pain :(

Fallout 3 is a great GFWL game. Batman, Dawn of War II, Bioshock 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, The Club (I think cheapy played the hell out of this game), The list goes on and on with good games out there that are GFWL.

I used both the keyboard & mouse and the 360 controller, didn't make much of a difference for me I still played good. Aside from that, the 360 wired controller was made for use also for pc games like halo 2 and other gfwl. Don't see why y'all are bashing it because it's not like I'm trying to use it on diablo, wow or other games.

My iMac plays game way better, smoother and all than most pc's I've owned before. Some of the games you mentioned will conflict though with my gamertag cause I've already played them on xbox 360 and don't think I'll be able to earn achievements or anything else.

You'll be able to earn achievements on GFWL games even if you have the 360 counterpart. I know a few people purchased Fallout 3 for their PC as well and got the achievements for both.

[quote name='Spanky']You'll be able to earn achievements on GFWL games even if you have the 360 counterpart. I know a few people purchased Fallout 3 for their PC as well and got the achievements for both.[/QUOTE]

I read about that, but some games like Shadowrun will let you earn achievements but it doesn't matter if you play on pc or xbox 360 they're the same achievements. Was just wondering if games like Gears Of War and other gfwl had separate achievements or if they were the same as their xbox 360 version counterpart.

I remember a pretty dead multiplayer community when I played Halo 2 PC back in December. Could have been time of day/month but who knows now.

As for double dipping on achievements, this is a pretty good list to look at. I just 1000'd Batman Arkham Asylum for GFWL (already 1000'd it for the 360) after watching some Arkham City during E3.

Thanks sway! If you ever wanna play halo 2 pc online let me know I play it often now. As for the list it helps and Blacklight: Tango down is on sale for $5 and dirt 3's on sale. They need more game sales! Damn I missed it during Xmas when the Waldo game was on sale.

bread's done
Back