LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Also, looks like Circuit City, has the best deal next week:

[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/"]$37.99[/URL]

Here's some images of the game running on an 8800GTX:

http://flickr.com/search/?q="halo+2"+vista&w=93904285@N00&z=t&s=rec
Halo 2,” the game that redefined first-person combat and multiplayer action for millions of gamers worldwide, is set to explode onto PCs exclusively for Windows Vista. ”Halo 2” for Windows Vista will be developed by a dedicated Microsoft Game Studios team in partnership with Bungie Studios.

Only for Windows Vista, "Halo 2" will offer gamers both the single-player campaign and multiplayer experience of the original, as well as the additional maps offered in the “Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack.” Gamers will also have the exciting opportunity to build, create and customize their own multiplayer levels.

“Halo: Combat Evolved” and its sequel, “Halo 2,” have achieved phenomenal success on the Xbox video game platform as gamers around the world follow the saga of Master Chief in his battle against the Covenant forces.

In 2003, the original “Halo” roared onto Windows PCs. In “Halo 2” for Windows Vista, the action picks up where the first game ended. Master Chief, with the help of a small group of marines, has destroyed the religious artifact and artificial world known as “Halo,” and is making his way back to Earth. There, he and the last surviving Earth forces will mount a titanic struggle against the marauding Covenant enemy. To date, the Halo franchise has sold more than 14.5 million games worldwide with over 600 million hours of multiplayer action logged across Microsoft’s Xbox Live online gaming service.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10212/Master-Chief-DualWields-His-Way-to-Windows-Vista/

I doubt it's expecting people buy their OS just for Halo 2... I'm guessing that most Windows users will upgrade anyway.

Hmm, stay with Windows XP and have my computer not crash or switch to Windows Vista which like every first release of a windows os will be buggy and crashy as all hell, but I get to play a 2 year old game I already have. Hmm, such a choice.

huh? now why would they give us halo 2 for vista when there are far better looking games out now and to come when vista hits? Maybe they are thinking halo 3 for PC? I'd give it a bit for someone to clear this up as this makes no sense.

[quote name='ITDEFX']huh? now why would they give us halo 2 for vista when there are far better looking games out now and to come when vista hits? Maybe they are thinking halo 3 for PC? I'd give it a bit for someone to clear this up as this makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it'll be Halo 2 with major graphical overhaul... hence why it'll take advantage of DX10.

I won't be buying this, but a map editor would be soooo awesome. I wonder if they could make that feature downloadable on Live? Probably not.

Hope it doesn't suck eggs like the last PC version.

My biggest concern is that you'll need a beefy PC just to get the combo of Vista and H2 to run at all.

[quote name='ITDEFX']huh? now why would they give us halo 2 for vista when there are far better looking games out now and to come when vista hits? Maybe they are thinking halo 3 for PC? I'd give it a bit for someone to clear this up as this makes no sense.[/QUOTE]
Didn't the first halo hit the pc quite a while after the game came out on the xbox?

I'm interested in the map editor, but seeing as I have the game for Xbox and probably wont be upgrading to Vista the instant its released I'll pass. Slick move by MS by making the game compatible only with Vista. Here's hoping this version is better than the port of Halo they did.

It would be cool if MSFT decided to put Halo 2 or a Halo 2 demo on the Windows Vista disc for free. Now you can play Minesweeper, Freecell, and Halo 2 anytime you want.

[quote name='ananag112']It would be cool if MSFT decided to put Halo 2 or a Halo 2 demo on the Windows Vista disc for free. Now you can play Minesweeper, Freesweeper, and Halo 2 anytime you want.[/QUOTE]

Your forgetting there putting in 3d chess for free :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']halo=overrated
halo=more overrated mush

UT2k7=drollfest '06 ;)[/QUOTE]

Quake Wars!!!!

Mario Party Revolution (online) will own!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it. Now we're willing to force players to upgrade an OS, but still most publishers don't expect them to have a fucking DVD drive.

[quote name='sying']Quake Wars!!!!

Mario Party Revolution (online) will own!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

correction super smash brothers revolution (online) will own :)

i could think of a (slightly) logical way that this happened:

microsoft wanted a game to show off the power of vista, and what better way than their blockbuster series halo? The plan was to release Halo 3 for both 360 and Vista, so this way anyone who wants to play the game would have to purchase some piece of new machinery. Bungie did not want to be rushed, and a disappointing halo (i know 2 was a downer, but this would be on a new system: people would be expecting something more) could really fuck things up for microsoft. As a last minute idea, they decided to port halo 2... and maybe vista's new features will bring something new/interesting for the map editor mode

It looks incredible, but it should.

Hoping Circuit City has it's usual $12 off select PC games in the ad they've been doing... wouldn't mind getting this for $38.

The only thing stopping me is the price, because $50 for an old FPS, no matter how improved, is a bit too much. I wish this came out at $40 like most other PC games. I guess we know if it'll be on sale when Speedy puts the ads up.

EDIT: What luck, CC has this for $40 when it releases... it's not as good as I wanted, but I'll take it.

Hopefully we can get LP to change the name of this to the official Halo 2 thread ;)

But anyways, Circuit City has put the game out early, lots of people are finding it there already, EB / GS pushed the release date back to 5/25/07 now.

Apparently, the installation feature is fucked up, the "tray and play" doesn't work right, got that bit of news from halo2pc.org.

I wish they'd drop a Multiplayer demo, because, to be honest, I'm not so sure I want this anymore, but we'll see - guy on halo2pc gets at least 80 - 100 FPS on max settings.

There is also over 200 screenshots of Halo 2 on max settings at the website I linked to above.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hopefully we can get LP to change the name of this to the official Halo 2 thread ;)

But anyways, Circuit City has put the game out early, lots of people are finding it there already, EB / GS pushed the release date back to 5/25/07 now.

Apparently, the installation feature is fucked up, the "tray and play" doesn't work right, got that bit of news from halo2pc.org.

I wish they'd drop a Multiplayer demo, because, to be honest, I'm not so sure I want this anymore, but we'll see - guy on halo2pc gets at least 80 - 100 FPS on max settings.

There is also over 200 screenshots of Halo 2 on max settings at the website I linked to above.[/quote]

Done ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Done ;)[/QUOTE]

Are you still getting it? It's going to be $37.99 next week at CC, if enough CAG's get it I might still go ahead and pick it up.

And thanks!

[quote name='Roufuss']Are you still getting it? It's going to be $37.99 next week at CC, if enough CAG's get it I might still go ahead and pick it up.

And thanks![/quote]
I still plan on getting it, not just yet though, as I don't have a Vista PC yet. If all goes according to plan, I'll get my PC in July/August.

Yes, 37.99 @ CC next week.

[quote name='Moxio']Eh. I might get it, simply because I'll be upgrading to Vista just because I always upgrade ASAP.[/QUOTE]

What a damn fool I was.

[quote name='Moxio']What a damn fool I was.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Vista has been nothing but a smooth ride for me so far, never had a blue screen, an error, nothing. Runs pretty stable and I've had it running for about two weeks now.

Apparently, through a CC employee I saw post here, CC is supposed to pull these off the shelves and send them back to MS? They are defective?

No clue what is going on, because EB / GS pushed the date back a few days.

EB / GS / Best Buy have now pushed this back as release on May 31st.

I'm not going to be buying this at all... apparently it's pretty buggy.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.

[quote name='Roufuss']EB / GS / Best Buy have now pushed this back as release on May 31st.

I'm not going to be buying this at all... apparently it's pretty buggy.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.[/quote]

It got delayed again? At this rate Halo 3 will come out before this does.

[quote name='Thongsy']It got delayed again? At this rate Halo 3 will come out before this does.[/QUOTE]

Yep, apparently it got delayed again. Circuit City got some kind of notice to send it back to the manufacturer, that there was a recall, but I only saw one person mention it.

I'm past the point of even caring anymore.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5757&Itemid=2

Nudity the Cause for Halo 2 Vista Delay

By Kris Graft
UPDATE - Microsoft reps have told Next-Gen the real reason for the Halo 2 Vista delay: partial nudity--specifically someone's backside in the game's map editor, the Entertainment Software Rating Board added today.

In an e-mail statement sent to Next-Gen, Microsoft said, “It has come to our attention that an unfortunate, obscure content error which includes partial nudity was included in our initial production of “Halo 2” for Windows Vista. As such, we have updated the initial game packaging at retailers with a label, so customers are aware before purchasing the game. Additionally, we’ve developed an online update which can be downloaded from www.halo2.com to remove the content.

“At Microsoft we take the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) guidelines very seriously and hold ourselves to high standards, with our customers always in mind.”

Sure enough, at halo2.com under the “support” section, there is an update dated 5/22, although it doesn’t explain the contents of the update.

Friday morning, however, the ESRB e-mailed Next-Gen a statement that said a "photograph of an individual showing his bare backside" is accessible within Halo 2 Vista's exclusive map editor tool. Apparently, it pops up when an ".ass" error occurs (see pic below, via the Halo 2 Vista forums).

Halo 2 is an M-rated game (17 and older). Microsoft informed the ESRB about the content just prior to the game's shipment to retail earlier this week. In effect, Microsoft has applied a "Partial Nudity" sticker as an additional content descriptor on the initial shipment of Halo 2 for Vista in the US and Canada.

"We have been advised by Microsoft that future runs of the game will be produced without the content in question, thus negating the need for the descriptor to be displayed on those versions," read the ESRB statement. "...ESRB’s job is to ensure that games are appropriately labeled, and that is precisely what we did in this case. We greatly appreciate Microsoft’s cooperation in this matter.”

Microsoft confirmed to Next-Gen yesterday that it had delayed Halo 2 for Vista from this week to next week.

Other companies in the past have come under fire by regulators for allegedly "hidden" mature content within videogames, namely Take-Two and Rockstar for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the corresponding "Hot Coffee" debacle.

Here is an censored version of the nudity....

h2v%20ass%20error.jpg

still waiting for this, according to amazon I should have it by the 30th. Even though I thought the official delay was like june 9th.

It's the 30th. They're sending stickers to the stores for the first print run to warn about the nudity and from the second run on the nudity will be removed.

fuck this game... this game is so poorly ported and glitched I will never spend more than $20 on it, and even that's being generous.

I was excited for this game, but the too high price tag and the way they butchered the game (no online co-op? smooth move) means I'll just move that $50 towards Quake Wars.

I don't think I've seen one person who has yet bought the game was happy with it.

Sorry Linkin, I really was looking forward to playing with ya, but I really can't support this - hopefully the game will drop super cheap on Ebay like most ports and I'll give it a try.

[quote name='Logain8955']Hmm, stay with Windows XP and have my computer not crash or switch to Windows Vista which like every first release of a windows os will be buggy and crashy as all hell, but I get to play a 2 year old game I already have. Hmm, such a choice.[/quote]

Don't worry, Vista is very stable. I've been using it since November, and it runs better than XP ever did.

[quote name='ITDEFX']huh? now why would they give us halo 2 for vista when there are far better looking games out now and to come when vista hits? Maybe they are thinking halo 3 for PC? I'd give it a bit for someone to clear this up as this makes no sense.[/quote]

It's on Vista because it's meant to use Games for Windows Live.

[quote name='b0bx13']I don't get it. Now we're willing to force players to upgrade an OS, but still most publishers don't expect them to have a fucking DVD drive.[/quote]

No one is forcing you to buy anything

[quote name='n25philly']No one is forcing you to buy anything[/QUOTE]

except Microsoft! :)

Remember, they are forcing us to move to Vista for Direct X 10.

To be honest, might as well wait til the Xbox emulation scene catches up and THEN play halo 2 on a PC with unofficial LAN and unofficial server support! Screw Xbox Live!

[quote name='ITDEFX']except Microsoft! :)

Remember, they are forcing us to move to Vista for Direct X 10.

To be honest, might as well wait til the Xbox emulation scene catches up and THEN play halo 2 on a PC with unofficial LAN and unofficial server support! Screw Xbox Live![/quote]

Uh, no they are not forcing you to buy anything.

1) For DX10 to be in XP they would have had to load it with a ton of legacy code which would have severly limited what it could do.

2) Maybe I'm just the lucky one, but no one from Microsoft has ever held a gun to my head to buy anything.

3) DX10 is a just a tool for making games, and there is no law saying that game develops have to make there games using it.

[quote name='n25philly']Uh, no they are not forcing you to buy anything.

1) For DX10 to be in XP they would have had to load it with a ton of legacy code which would have severly limited what it could do.

2) Maybe I'm just the lucky one, but no one from Microsoft has ever held a gun to my head to buy anything.

3) DX10 is a just a tool for making games, and there is no law saying that game develops have to make there games using it.[/QUOTE]

Well they need to keep a lot of legacy code in because they want to make sure the stuff that works good in 2000/xp will work just as well in Vista.

Anyways I have windows Vista home premium full, which I bought at 50% off from the Compusa close out. Am I planning on installing it? Yes, but not now... not until the next system upgrade which will include a core duo/quad core and a Direct X 10 card and of course when MS releases Service Pack 1 for Vista.

bread's done
Back