Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

the thing with this is.. this is geared towards people like me. I am a small percentage im sure..but I bought Crackdown for Crackdown. I enjoy it very much, and I never got into Halo. Never played Halo 2 either.
But, since it's a free Beta and I have access to it.. of course I'd like to give it a try..but the longer they take to wait..the more I really don't care to try it.

But like I said.. the people like me are a SMALL number. Isn't it like .. 4 million pre-orders already?? LOL

So my sale, has no affect at all .. ;(

Just saying.. I'd like to have to played this today .. Oh well

It's up but follow these directions:

BUT, make sure you perform maintenance on your HDD. This only removes game updates and Xbox 360 Dashboard Cache.
(y, x, x, lb, rb, x, x under Memory for the HDD) DO NOT FORMAT!

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now

[quote name='anomynous']It's up but follow these directions:

BUT, make sure you perform maintenance on your HDD. This only removes game updates and Xbox 360 Dashboard Cache.

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now[/quote]

HuH???

Do we really need to do that?

EDIT: Are you joking about it being uP? I'm delirious from lack of sleep.

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now[/quote]

The savior has come, thank you very much!!! Downloading now...

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! about to DL now!

It's downloading now. I didnt' have to do all that stuff..lol

BTW will this still download if I shut my 360 off?
I have that feature enabled..but since this is running from Crackdown...will it still work?

You don't need to do all that button pressing...it is just working fine now for me without doing anything except for putting in Crackdown. FINALLY!

(Oh and to add to the other comments in the thread, I was one of the people who got Crackdown for Crackdown, although the beta is a nice bonus)

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now[/QUOTE]

awesome dude, thanks

you have got to be fucking kidding me!!! We just got home from dinner, the wife turns on the xbox and starts up crackdown, while loading she gets a disc error and now the drive won't spin AT ALL!!!

[quote name='lilboo']It's downloading now. I didnt' have to do all that stuff..lol

BTW will this still download if I shut my 360 off?
I have that feature enabled..but since this is running from Crackdown...will it still work?[/quote]

whenever i close the guide, it stops downloading so i would say no

[quote name='sp00ge']you have got to be fucking kidding me!!! We just got home from dinner, the wife turns on the xbox and starts up crackdown, while loading she gets a disc error and now the drive won't spin AT ALL!!![/quote]

i think god hates u.

I hate life. Today would be the day that my 360's network adapter decides to not work anymore. Perfect. Just got it back from M$oft Monday, too (a replacement system, not my Xbox repaired). I'm so mad I could hurt an innocent animal right now.

[quote name='sp00ge']you have got to be fucking kidding me!!! We just got home from dinner, the wife turns on the xbox and starts up crackdown, while loading she gets a disc error and now the drive won't spin AT ALL!!![/quote]
Sorry man.

Is it letting anyone set this as a background download? I am having to sit here and stare at a progress bar that is not moving...

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Sorry man.[/quote]

Too make it worse, I finally made the plunge and picked up Guitar Hero 2... So much for anything fun tonight.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']1% and counting ... yay for 10Mb service :roll:[/quote]

Currently at 24% here.....

[quote name='MrX']Currently at 24% here.....[/quote]

I'm at 20% now so I guess it's going beter than some peoples. I just like to complain about my ISP due to the interrupted service I get every 10 minutes or so .. makes anything I do a pain in the ass.

Sad thing is, I'm not really even much of a Halo player ... and I am still waiting around for this.

I had seen a while ago that some of ya were able to DL it, so I fired the box up - no dice, it was still greyed out. I was just getting ready to try that maintenance when a popup told me there was an update. I applied it and now it's DLing. Sweet.

Stuck at 18%. I knew this was gonna happen.
If they had released it when it was supposed to then EVERYONE wouldn't have waited until right now to do it! fuckin idiots. this will be done downloading by June 7th, hopefully!

bread's done
Back