Halo 3 commercial discussion.

Michaellvortega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Wow.......... and I don't mean world of warcraft. So tatrus is alive? new grenade shield, I hope they come through with the stuff they didn't in part 2.

Quite impressive. Not into the Halo lore. Only know it vaguely. Those kids laying on the ground. The boy....Master Chief? Hmmm

Military Personnel: Did we lose the Chief?
Master Chief: ... not yet.

Pretty sweet commercial. Slow to pick up, but overall - I'm satisfied.

Am I the only one who thought the MC was about to off himself, chucking the nade right in front of him? The shield totally suprised me.

downloading it now..

//edit: That was actually pretty badass.. I think for once I want to play a Halo game!

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']a discussion for a commercial? come on...[/quote]

Well, it is more of a trailer since it is 60 seconds. Also, it is fucking awesome.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']a discussion for a commercial? come on...[/QUOTE]

Bungie likes to hide stuff and do Easter eggs. I'm sure their is something hidden in the commercial. Just like earlier today before the airing when I said they would put the "halo3.com" really small like "Ilovebees"

Supposely Bungie puts a lot of info in their trailers and commercials about their game. Almost like a puzzle of sorts. So it's one of those few occasions I think it's fine to talk about it. I wish more companies would do that kind of stuff.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']a discussion for a commercial? come on...[/quote]

Watching the commercial reminded me that I still need to go and pre-order the game with the Master Chief helmet.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hope they actually keep their promises this time...[/QUOTE]

I know, the Halo 2 E3 thing in the streets with brutes jumping on warthogs and swatting guys off was so awesome and more epic then what was in the final.

X button= time for a new pair of pants

Is it just me or does, when the footage fades to the 'present,' one of the kids' voices says "Time to go."?

[quote name='Wolve22']so what is reloading going to be?[/QUOTE]
bumpers, left bumper for left hand,and vice versa

[quote name='exRounder']Is it just me or does, when the footage fades to the 'present,' one of the kids' voices says "Time to go."?[/quote]

Yeah, it does.

I just went back and replayed it.

You can also hear Cortana speaking to the Chief once he puts his hat back on. I believe she is asking the MC if he can hear her after getting his ass blown out of the hog.

So the girl is the other kid?

They are finally going to show other spartans for once. Good stuff.

[quote name='dastly75']press X standing still for temp shield(kinda like SSBM) , hold X + direction for sprint

also the other kid is the other spartan you will see in the game? I forget the name, I haven't read the books

all brutes , no elites in the vid[/quote]

A couple of things I have noticed -

It looks to me like the Chief was riding a Mongoose, not a Warthog. It is easy to tell when the camera pulls back and you can see the Chief under the shield right before the missle hits.

The 'shield grenade' doesn't go away when the shield appears.

The creature in the middle of the group looks like a Brute, but the details on the upper half of the body are too blurry during my pauses to tell for sure.

Cortana seems to be with the Chief (not the Gravemind), as you can distinctly hear her voice after he puts on his helmet.

I have read the books, and I don't think it is possible that one of the kids is John (aka Master Chief). He was taken from a remote planet under human control and was replaced by a flash clone. He grew up on Reach under the Spartan program. The book made it sound like the rigid structure of the program would have prevented little Chief from frolicking with one of the other (female!) Spartans, such as Linda, Kelly, or Nicole.

yeah, what are the covenent he dives into, brutes?

and the girl can't be a spartan, because in the books the spartans all came from different planets

Intresting. I never read the books. So the "cheifs" not sure if they all are master chiefs, are kidnapped kids and trained for killing eh? Intresting.

I might have to read one of those things. haha

[quote name='captmurphy']A couple of things I have noticed -

It looks to me like the Chief was riding a Mongoose, not a Warthog. It is easy to tell when the camera pulls back and you can see the Chief under the shield right before the missle hits.

The 'shield grenade' doesn't go away when the shield appears.

The creature in the middle of the group looks like a Brute, but the details on the upper half of the body are too blurry during my pauses to tell for sure. The rest of them are definately Elites.

Cortana seems to be with the Chief (not the Gravemind), as you can distinctly hear her voice after he puts on his helmet.

I have read the books, and I don't think it is possible that one of the kids is John (aka Master Chief). He was taken from a remote planet under human control and was replaced by a flash clone. He grew up on Reach under the Spartan program. The book made it sound like the rigid structure of the program would have prevented little Chief from frolicking with one of the other (female!) Spartans, such as Linda, Kelly, or Nicole.[/quote]

kids could be spartan 3s

the warthog is behind him, the mongoose is in front of him

all the enemies look the same except for the center one that has a red highlight and a hammer (kinda looks like the armored elites from Halo wars)

[quote name='thagoat']mm.. what is this "halo" that you speak of?[/quote]
Some posts are funny, others are more like this one.

There are instances of male and female spartan candidates doing training exercises as young people. It is possible John was remembering talking to a friend before he was replaced.

[quote name='zewone']I can't wait to get home and watch it in 720p with sound.[/quote]I have, and let me tell you, its fucking awesome.

Where'd you guys get the info about the function of the x button changing?
I'm glad they're including the ability to run this time around, because in Halo 1 and 2, it felt like the chief was wading through mashed potatoes all the time.

[quote name='LiquidNight']
Where'd you guys get the info about the function of the x button changing?
[/QUOTE]
It was posted on Bungie several times and they talked about it more in the latest issue of EGM.

The beginning of the trailer is a memory flashback whenever the Spartan is passed out. His helmet was knocked off I'm assuming due to the mongoose crash... It makes sense.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Some posts are funny, others are more like this one.[/quote]and, yet, others can eat my taint.

To answer somebody's question, there were lots of Spartans, but only one, Spartan-117 (John) is known as Master Chief. It is a promotion he received during one of his many displays of bravo and leadership.

Also, I was thinking that the red armored Covenant in the middle might be one of the Elites seen in the Halo Wars trailer, but close inspection of the legs show that they more closely resemble the beefy legs of a Brute than the slender legs of an Elite.

NONE OF THEM ARE ELITES!

They are holding Brute Spikers, the new gun that was unvieled in EGM. That means that the thing in the middle is either a big ass Brute or something entirely new.

Sounds like November 27th will be the release date. As Chief is putting his helmet back on, you can make out "27" then "November". This translates to the last Tuesday in November of next year- a very feasible release date.

All I know is that the "Madden Meatheads" that were watching the game all are probably assuming this commercial means Halo 3 is coming out "like, right after the New Year, brah!"

They probably then proceeded to tell one of their "buds" how that was the awesomest commercial they've seen this side of the one where Peyton Manning starts talk to the TV out of the shotgun, or the one where the hottie gets knocked down by the slovenly roommates descending on the fire pole when they hear a Bud Light being cracked open. 'Cause that one is just fuckin' 100% hilarity concentrate, am I right, brah?

P.S. I'll leave the frame-by-frame analysis for the obsessive los--err, dedicated, observant Halo enthusiasts.

I'd like to know why they chose MNF for a debut spot. Obviously they must have some kind of demographic information (or some clown just decided it would be a good idea) that suggests football fans also play Halo. I've got a crazy idea - Masterchief Fathead pinups! The sad thing is, I bet these would be a ridiculously hot commodity.

And by the way, it's predominantly "bro" for the Madden meathead crowd, not "brah." And I can't get over how much your avatar looks like one of my friends did in 2nd grade. Who is that?

[quote name='jollydwarf']All I know is that the "Madden Meatheads" that were watching the game all are probably assuming this commercial means Halo 3 is coming out "like, right after the New Year, brah!"

They probably then proceeded to tell one of their "buds" how that was the awesomest commercial they've seen this side of the one where Peyton Manning starts talk to the TV out of the shotgun, or the one where the hottie gets knocked down by the slovenly roommates descending on the fire pole when they hear a Bud Light being cracked open. 'Cause that one is just fuckin' 100% hilarity concentrate, am I right, brah?

P.S. I'll leave the frame-by-frame analysis for the obsessive los--err, dedicated, observant Halo enthusiasts.[/QUOTE]

do you just not like football, or do you hate it because you suck at it? Same deal with madden, i take it you suck at that too

[quote name='getmyrunon']I'd like to know why they chose MNF for a debut spot. Obviously they must have some kind of demographic information (or some clown just decided it would be a good idea) that suggests football fans also play Halo. I've got a crazy idea - Masterchief Fathead pinups! The sad thing is, I bet these would be a ridiculously hot commodity.

And by the way, it's predominantly "bro" for the Madden meathead crowd, not "brah." And I can't get over how much your avatar looks like one of my friends did in 2nd grade. Who is that?[/QUOTE]

they probably just put it out there just because theres no where else to show it that has as large of an audience as MNF

[quote name='captmurphy']NONE OF THEM ARE ELITES!

They are holding Brute Spikers, the new gun that was unvieled in EGM. That means that the thing in the middle is either a big ass Brute or something entirely new.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you corrected yourself. Reading your earlier post I was wondering if you were blind. =p But yes, the enemies that the Chief jumps into resemble a mix of Elite/Brutes, But I think they are neither, my bet is a new alien race. The guy in the center is definently a Brute if you ask me.

You can also hear, who I believe to be Cortana faintly say "Chief leave me" right after he puts the helmet on.

WILD SPECULATION BELOW:

I wonder if this commercial has any ties to the announcement trailer? Both take place in some barren desert, both the Chief is wielding an AR, and both show the Chief with some heavily beat up armor that is again more yellow/brown/gold than green, suggesting the Sun has been beating down on him for some time. My assumption is that the commercial *COULD* take place after what we saw in the announcement trailer. For instance, after the Chief sees the giant Forerunner structure opening up, he of course wants to check it out. He contacts the UNSC and tells them what he has seen (this explains the amount of radio chatter in his helmet). After this contact, he acquires a Mongoose (IDK how, he just does), and during his route, he gets thrown clear of the Mongoose by attacking Covenant and is knocked out, considering the huge number of Covenant aircraft circling the Forerunner structure in the announcement trailer, this makes sense. During his unconcious state, he flashes back to his childhood memory (this makes sense because when the camera goes back to where one of the children once was laying, the Chief's helmet is in his place, suggesting that the child was John). So he gets up, puts on his helmet, uses the shield grenade, and rushes towards the Forerunner structure, which is of course, heavily protected by several Wraiths and enemies, further suggesting that he was trying to make his way towards the already heavily guarded Forerunner structure. Also, the area he's in in both the announcement trailer and the commercial contain high cliffs, this fact also helps my absolutely insane theory.

Some of this doesn't work, chiefly the appearance of the pistol. In the announcement trailer, the pistol does not appear to be holstered on either of the Chief's thighs. In the commercial, you clearly see him holster it on his left thigh and one of H3's new features is the ability to see what weapons Spartans are carrying on the character model itself (Large guns are holstered on the back, smaller guns on the thighs)

Let me know what you guys think about my idea.

The entire group of enemies where ALL brutes, If you look at the center enemy's leg(who is obviously a brute) it has the two large brute claws that a brute would have on it's foot. Now in the same shot every one has the same type of foot. The brutes look different because they are wearing different Armor. This could be due to the splitting of the covenant in to multiple factions. The entire Covenant is a bunch of different races brought together by FORCE this is shown in a missing cutscene in the Halo 2 CE disc. The brutes obviously want to be the rulers rather then the ruled.

"Bro", "Brah"...it's probably a frat-by-frat, or regional thing.

do you just not like football, or do you hate it because you suck at it? Same deal with madden, i take it you suck at that too

Duu-u-u-u-ude! I love football, just not a lot of its fans.* Not everyone that watches MNF is a "Madden Meathead", but every "Madden Meathead" watches MNF, dig? But thanks for the 13-year-old perspecitve, whether you're that age or twice it.

P.S. I probably suck at Madden relative to your average gamer, but that's far from why I use its name in a disdainful context.

*--Just like Nintendo versus its 'zealots', only with 500% more backwards "Gamecocks" baseball caps and without the Sharpie-drawn Triforce 'tattoos'! Hate the player, not the game, I always say.

EDIT: And I can't get over how much your avatar looks like one of my friends did in 2nd grade. Who is that?

[quote name='jollydwarf'] But thanks for the 13-year-old perspecitve, whether you're that age or twice it.
[/QUOTE]
He's 12. So, I guess that's a compliment. :lol:

bread's done
Back